Windows 10: Can no longer access network storage after computer reset

Discus and support Can no longer access network storage after computer reset in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I recently reset my laptop and can now no longer access my network shared storage computer (running Server 2016). no configurations have been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GovernedTag9623, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Can no longer access network storage after computer reset

Hi,

I recently reset my laptop and can now no longer access my network shared storage computer (running Server 2016). no configurations have been changed on the storage server. Only a computer reset of my laptop. Has anyone had a similar problem? I get an error 0x80004005.

:)

GovernedTag9623, Jan 16, 2019
  2. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Jan 16, 2019
  3. Unable to access network storage

Hi Pravin,

Network permission is one of the possible reasons why you can't access a drive within a network. To better assist you, we the answers to the following questions:

• Are you working with computers connected to a domain?
    • Did you make any changes on your computer prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest following the steps below to troubleshoot Shared Folders in Windows 10:

• On the Cortana search box, type Troubleshoot
      and select the first result.
    • Scroll down and click on Shared Folders.
    • Click the Run the troubleshooter button.

We are looking forward to your response.

Jefferson Ore, Jan 16, 2019
  4. Can no longer access network storage after computer reset

Unable to access network storage

I am unable to access my network storage. it gives error " The specified network name is no longer available".

PravinMore, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

Can no longer access network storage after computer reset

1. Can no longer access network storage after computer reset - Similar Threads - longer access network

2. Can no longer access a network share used to work fine.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can no longer access a network share used to work fine.: Hello.Trying to access another computer files share, with\\192.168.x.xasks me for credentials, which I provided, but then says,"\\192.168.x.x is not accessible. You might not have permissions to use this network resource...."Yet it was working fine yesterday and years before...
  3. access files after resetting computer

access files after resetting computer: I had to reset my computer and can't access turbo tax files. how do I do that? I'm getting "parameters are incorrect" error message. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-files-after-resetting-computer/c0a2d9f6-cf34-491a-8e80-867ff207a5a0
  4. Network Access Storage access problem

Network Access Storage access problem: I have a problem previously reported and not resolved by anyone. I can no longer see my Network Access Storage NAS device. This happened today, Christmas Day, 2020. Worked yesterday. Yes, I can ping it. I can open a browser and log into it. I look at files this way. The...
  5. After changing the network key I can no longer access the WLAN, why?

After changing the network key I can no longer access the WLAN, why?: Hello, for security reasons I have changed the name of the WLAN radio network and the password of the network key on my FritzBox 7590 And although I saved all changes in the FritzBox program, I can only access the WLAN with the old network key. What could be the reason...
  6. Windows 10 no longer starts after "network reset"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 no longer starts after "network reset": This week, I have had issues with Windows not being able to connect to the internet for about 5 min after I start or wake my laptop. After the network troubleshooter found nothing except that it could not reach the DNS server, I decided to use the network reset feature under...
  7. A computer's drives are no longer accessible on my network yet it can browse other...

A computer's drives are no longer accessible on my network yet it can browse other...: I have a Win 10 1803 computer that all of a sudden this morning its drives can no longer be accessed by other computers on my network yet it can browse the other computer drives with no problems. It can be pinged with no problems. When I try to map a network drive on...
  8. Disabled admin password, can no longer access computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Disabled admin password, can no longer access computer: So, a while back I had a problem on the Windows 10 Home Edition where it would not let me change my lock screen. Since I didn't have the pro edition, I couldn't change the policy in the registry editor because of a lack of one, so I transferred all my files to a local...
  9. W10 no longer can access other devices on network.

W10 no longer can access other devices on network.: I THINK I found the problem/answer in another thread, ... but it is an old thread and I am not sure. That thread is here: Cannot access shared network drive In any case, here is the case: Computer #1 DELL W10-64 Computer #2 Toshiba W7-64 Computer #3 Acer W7-32 NAT...
  10. Can no longer access home network still have access to internet - Wifi

Can no longer access home network still have access to internet - Wifi: I've never had a problem but all of a sudden my laptop cannot access my network to see other computers and printers through Wi-Fi. Ethernet connection sees the other computers. Internet works fine. It also shows the laptop when I pull up the router settings. The homegroup is...