Windows 10: Can No Longer Change Font Size in a Word Document

Discus and support Can No Longer Change Font Size in a Word Document in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am trying to type a word document (running Windows 10) and cannot change the font size. It is now set in 8 pt. which I've never used and I want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jjbk, Sep 25, 2018.

1. jjbk Win User

Can No Longer Change Font Size in a Word Document

I am trying to type a word document (running Windows 10) and cannot change the font size. It is now set in 8 pt. which I've never used and I want to change it back to 11 or 12 point.

:)

2. Font size keeps changing in Word.

I have changed the default font and size in Word to Times New Roman, 14 for all documents.

However, quite often when I add a bullet point and continue to type, Word automatically changes that line to size 11. Super annoying. Anyone know how to actually change the default for good?

ryanpeixoto, Sep 25, 2018
  3. Change default font and size

I want to change the default font and size for Word Documents and Emails.

Jan Glameyer, Sep 25, 2018
  4. Arul_D Win User

can't adjust font size...

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query on this forum.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to change the font size and check if it helps.

• Type fonts on the search bar and select it.

• Click on change font size from the left pane.

• Make changes according.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Arul_D, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Can No Longer Change Font Size in a Word Document - Similar Threads - Longer Change Font

2. How Can I Increase the Font Size in Comments on Track Changes in Word?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Can I Increase the Font Size in Comments on Track Changes in Word?: I was wondering if someone could help please as I've been having a bit of a nightmare with Microsoft Word recently. For some reason, the formatting of a lot of things changed after an update overnight, and the default fonts and sizes etc. have changed. The main problem I'm...
  3. How Can I Increase the Font Size in Comments on Track Changes in Word?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Can I Increase the Font Size in Comments on Track Changes in Word?: I was wondering if someone could help please as I've been having a bit of a nightmare with Microsoft Word recently. For some reason, the formatting of a lot of things changed after an update overnight, and the default fonts and sizes etc. have changed. The main problem I'm...
  4. can't change font in Word documents

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can't change font in Word documents: Microsoft Update installed today, now I can't change font in Word documents https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-change-font-in-word-documents/b1ad7097-f046-46ee-8294-098740c0be78
  5. Font size changed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Font size changed: I received an email which was shrunk very small so one page was about 1.5 by 1.5. I worked with print sizes until I could get thepage larger and could be read.............but!!!!! that changed the font size in Outlook until I can only read one email at a time. I...
  6. Font size in word

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Font size in word: Word 2016 has default font size of 11 but the size in any document when opened is very large maybe 18 or more. I cant change the size on any document Any thoughts 143691
  7. Changing Word ribbon font size in Windows 10

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Changing Word ribbon font size in Windows 10: In Windows 7 it was easy to increase the font size if the ribbon in MS Office Word: Right click the desktop / personalize + 2 more clicks and a window opens where you can change each and every part of the window: Title bar font size and color, menu font size, icon size, etc...
  8. [SOLVED] I can no longer change the font size in Sticky Notes.

[SOLVED] I can no longer change the font size in Sticky Notes.: After the Win10 Sticky Notes updates I now cannot do a copy and paste over from WordPad with a different font size. My eyesight will not allow for me to see the small font that comes with Sticky Notes. Anyone else with this problem? 64134
  9. [Solved]I can no longer change the font size in Sticky Notes

[Solved]I can no longer change the font size in Sticky Notes: Whether you're an action-sports fan or not, you've probably wondered how Tony Hawk's Pro Skater developer Neversoft continues to up the ante year after year. We did, too, so we sat down with Producer Scott Pease to get the inside story on the fourth game (and how they got...
  10. Can clock font size be changed?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can clock font size be changed?: My Windows 10 taskbar clock font is too small. I recently switched to a 4K monitor. Everything else responded to a 175% scale setting, but not the clock. If no readily available setting, can it be done in the Registry? 73654