Windows 10: Can No Longer Connect RDP on One User

Discus and support Can No Longer Connect RDP on One User in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been using Remote Desktop on my current user on this computer to connect to another computer on the same network. This has worked for a year or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RobinLarder, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Can No Longer Connect RDP on One User

I have been using Remote Desktop on my current user on this computer to connect to another computer on the same network.
    This has worked for a year or more. Today it will find the remote computer and try and connect, but gives the error:
    This computer cannot connect to the remote computer.
    However, if I swap to another user on this computer and try again it connects fine. I also can connect using my tablet.
    It seems something has changed on my user that the remote computer no longer likes.
    I have not changed my username or password or anything else.

:)

RobinLarder, Mar 31, 2021
  2. DennieMPF Win User

Logging off RDP users

I have several RDS servers that numerous users connect to. (MS Server 2016 and 2012) Everyday at 5:05PM, we have to "logoff" certain users from their sessions. I use Remote Desktop Services Manager to see all the users connected to RDS servers. Manually
    I CTRL and select the users I need to logoff. Then right-click and Logoff. Works fine. However,

I want to automate this process and haven't found a way to do so using the following criteria:

1. Needs to be by username. Session ID will change. Username doesn't.

2. I can build a list of usernames (that will be edited as users come in and out of the criteria for logoff - i.e. salespersons come and go)

3. Would like some sort of script that references the usernames on the list then searches for RDP connections they may have.

4. If found, the user will be logged off their session.

NOTE - CANNOT "kill" or "reset" the connection. Logging off allows the software they're using on the remote server to be properly closed before dumping the session.

5. This script process can be Task Scheduled on each of the remote servers and set to execute at 5:05PM daily (M-F) or it can look for these users and perform the logoff via the Remote Desktop Services Manger on my PC..

Open to any ideas.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Dennie

DennieMPF, Mar 31, 2021
  3. Unable to launch applications in RDP session

Issue: User is unable to launch applications when connected to a device through RDP

To clarify:

RDP connection itself is successful. User is can access device. But when user clicks an application, it does not launch.

User IS able to launch applications when signed into destination device directly.

Other users are not encountering issues opening applications when connected via RDP on the same devices.

Issue seems to occur only on this users specific profile.

Any suggestions?

Magan Zanella, Mar 31, 2021
  4. Billzden Win User

Can No Longer Connect RDP on One User

RDP and Network Connection Drops While on Ethernet

Sam,

1. Even without issuing the ping -t command I will experience a RDP drop and network bottleneck
    2. RDP clients are the same version
    3. No firewall setup
    4. All connecting with the same cables from similar ports

winbox1 has full duplexTrue
    winbox2 does not have duplex True

Pretty sure it's something with the network setup, I might reinstall the OS

Billzden, Mar 31, 2021
Thema:

Can No Longer Connect RDP on One User

1. Can No Longer Connect RDP on One User - Similar Threads - Longer Connect RDP

2. One drive no longer connects

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive no longer connects: One drive no longer connects https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-no-longer-connects/96276d02-bdd8-4cca-bb12-e05c5b72a924
  3. One drive no longer connects

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One drive no longer connects: One drive no longer connects https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-no-longer-connects/96276d02-bdd8-4cca-bb12-e05c5b72a924
  4. Connecting to rdp - domain user

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Connecting to rdp - domain user: I connect to the Windows 10 Professional with Microsoft Remote Desktop app for MacOS - on my Windows PC, I've account created by logging to Windows with my work credentials, name@company.com - which I understand is domain account(but the remote computer is not in domain...
  5. Can no longer connect to localhost

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can no longer connect to localhost: I've been using WAMP software for 10 to 15 years and have never encountered any problems. Out of the blue, my local wordpress sites running on AMPPS no longer work with following message in FF. The connection has timed out The server at 192.168.1.63 is taking too long to...
  6. Can no longer connect to wifi

Can no longer connect to wifi: Or at least I can't access the web. Every device I have connects to wifi no problem, but not my laptop. My connection says "No internet, open." I've had this issue several times in the past but have always been able to fix it in Powershell with ipconfig /release, ipconfig...
  7. RDP Crash When Connecting Only When Certain User is Connected

RDP Crash When Connecting Only When Certain User is Connected: Here's a weird one. I have RDP setup on a computer on my network (don't worry, LAN only, not exposed to the internet). This computer is running Windows 10 Pro 1903. I haven't had a need to connect via RDP for a few weeks, and I just tried for the first time on the weekend and...
  8. RDP connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RDP connection: my RDP seems to be having isssues, resulting in me disconnecting because the computer "lags" or screen doesn't update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rdp-connection/493d9013-ca9b-440f-8c2d-b243a1b10e0d
  9. RDP connection to VM. Connects on console - user can't see it.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RDP connection to VM. Connects on console - user can't see it.: We have a windows 10 virtual desktop. We use Microsoft VMM and hyper-v. When a user attempts to connect to the VM, the connections keeps trying - shows Connecting to ... Securing remote connection. Bar keeps sliding on that screen. Meanwhile I can see their session...
  10. RDP no longer connects - gives logon failed.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDP no longer connects - gives logon failed.: Hi, Have my lappy on win 10 and my work system on 10 as well. This morning I tried to RDP to the work system and was plesently greeted with windows security saying my credentials don't work and the logon failed. This is an existing setup - IP of router and 3389...