Windows 10: Can no longer connect to printer (after Windows Update 1903)

Discus and support Can no longer connect to printer (after Windows Update 1903) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Unfortunately I installed Update 1903, and since then my Lenovo Yoga laptop will no longer print to -- or even detect -- the printer at my shared... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KLDDC, Sep 10, 2019.

1. KLDDC Win User

Can no longer connect to printer (after Windows Update 1903)

Unfortunately I installed Update 1903, and since then my Lenovo Yoga laptop will no longer print to -- or even detect -- the printer at my shared workspace. I tried recovering to the previous Windows version, but that hasn't changed anything. When I try to add it manually with the IP address, it still doesn't detect it. (Someone noted that during this process Windows also creates a slightly different IP address than the one I manually entered in case that's relevant.) I feel like I've tried all the fixes I could find online. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!! Of course I'm assuming the update is at fault, although it's possible it was something else...

Karen

:)

KLDDC, Sep 10, 2019

2. Windows 10 + printer connection

Hi murlichatlani,

Have you tried the suggestions on my initial post, in response to the original poster? If you haven't performed any troubleshooting yet, here are a couple of things you can try:

• Power off, and then power on your printer to restart it. Wait for a while for it to be fully ready.
    • Check your printer connection. Check your printer and make sure that it’s connected to your PC network.

If the steps didn't help, you may go through this list of suggestions to fix printer connection in Windows 10.

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Aileen Alf, Sep 10, 2019
  3. Windows 10 + printer connection

Hi Debbie,

The printer offline status is your printer’s way of telling you that something is wrong with the communication between your computer and your printer, so one of the first things to check is your printer’s connection with your PC. Here are a couple of things
    you can try:

• Power off, and then power on your printer to restart it. Wait for a while for it to be fully ready.
    • Check your printer connection. Check your printer and make sure that it’s connected to your PC network.

Aside from the above steps, I also suggest that you go through this list of suggestions to fix printer connection
    in Windows 10.

Please respond to this thread to let me know how the issue progresses. Similarly, if you have more questions, please inform me by replying to this post.

Aileen Alf, Sep 10, 2019
  4. Can no longer connect to printer (after Windows Update 1903)

Windows 10 update cause printer problem with: "Printer not activated - Error - 20"

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the printer after the Windows Update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer, locally or through network?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the drivers for printer and check.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Print queue.

• Right-click on the printer driver
      that is listed and click Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the printer troubleshooter from
    Fix printer problems
    and then check if this fixes the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

Can no longer connect to printer (after Windows Update 1903)

1. Can no longer connect to printer (after Windows Update 1903) - Similar Threads - longer connect printer

2. After the system update, can not connect to the shared printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After the system update, can not connect to the shared printer: Every time, when the system update automatically, then can not connect to the shared printer. The version of computer is win10 20H2 Home. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-the-system-update-can-not-connect-to-the/b2093230-9467-41da-bcd9-3522ab78c85f
  3. After the system update, can not connect to the shared printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After the system update, can not connect to the shared printer: Every time, when the system update automatically, then can not connect to the shared printer. The version of computer is win10 20H2 Home. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-the-system-update-can-not-connect-to-the/b2093230-9467-41da-bcd9-3522ab78c85f
  4. After the system update, can not connect to the shared printer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  5. Can no longer connect bluetooth headphones after Windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can no longer connect bluetooth headphones after Windows update: Since the last big Windows update, my bluetooth mouse works fine, but I can no longer connect to any bluetooth headphones - I have tried the headphones I was using prior to the update and have purchased a brand new set of headphones to no avail. They will pair with my phone...
  6. Can no longer connect bluetooth headphones after Windows update

Can no longer connect bluetooth headphones after Windows update: Since the last big Windows update, my bluetooth mouse works fine, but I can no longer connect to any bluetooth headphones - I have tried the headphones I was using prior to the update and have purchased a brand new set of headphones to no avail. They will pair with my Samsung...
  7. Laptop no longer connects to printers

Laptop no longer connects to printers: Hi My wife's laptop has been acting up for a while. If it connects up to a printer, wi-fi or cable, it would not always recognize a printer. We just got a new printer and it would not recognize that printer, again wi-fi or cable. What's more, it would not see another wi-fi...
  8. Printer Spooler after Windows Update 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Printer Spooler after Windows Update 1903: Printer Spooler was automatically turned off when installing Windows Update 1903. I tried a series of troubleshooting, the solving was not succeed. Windows Update 1903 was uninstalled, the printer spooler resume and working properly. Is there any solution that can solve...
  9. Can No Longer Control Brightness After Latest Update to Windows 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can No Longer Control Brightness After Latest Update to Windows 1903: Two weeks ago my computer installed the latest Windows updates and now my brightness and Night Light functions no longer work. The sliders are still there, but it doesn't actually adjust the brightness. I bought a new computer this week and after it went through new Windows...
  10. After update to 1903 Windows Hello no longer available on Domain connected PC's...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    After update to 1903 Windows Hello no longer available on Domain connected PC's...: We have noticed that several PC's, one of which being brand new, are unable to utilize the Windows Hello function. All of these PC's are on our domain, though I tested a local profile as well and it was available. So that led me to think that something changed in Group...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. printer problems after windows 1903 update

2. windows update and can no longer redirect printer

3. 1903 printers dont show until reboot

4. no longer able to added or removed printers not showing 1903