Windows 10: Can no longer connect to Wifi hotspot works after last night's update

Discus and support Can no longer connect to Wifi hotspot works after last night's update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, Hope you can help. After last nights windows update, my laptop wont connect to the internet. Says unable to connect to network. Hotspot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BEJCPERTH, Jun 18, 2020.

1. BEJCPERTH Win User

Can no longer connect to Wifi hotspot works after last night's update

Hi all,

Hope you can help.

After last nights windows update, my laptop wont connect to the internet. Says unable to connect to network. Hotspot works fine.

I tried everything from updating drivers, uninstalling them and then reinstalling them to running health checks in Command Prompt. I also tried updating the driver in safe mode, but no joy.

I tried uninstalling the windows update KB4559309 but it says its vital and cannot be uninstalled. It also doesn't let me roll my laptop back, because it says the last update is longer than 10 days ago… despite the last update being done on 11th june.

I tried uninstalling it in Comand Prompt, same message about it being essential. Same mesaage as i tried uninstalling it in safe mode.

The Driver is RTL8723BE 802.11 bgn wifi adapter.

Please help!

:)

BEJCPERTH, Jun 18, 2020

2. Wifi turns off automatically when a device is connected to my hotspot

Whenever a device is connected to my hotspot the wifi is turning off automatically thereby stopping the hotspot.

To turn the Windows 10 hotspot on, in first step I have turned on the Wireless Network Connection as shown in the below image.

Can no longer connect to Wifi hotspot works after last night's update [​IMG]

After that I did following steps in Command Prompt(Admin) for hotspot
    1. netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=MyWiFi key=mypassword
    2. netsh wlan start hostednetwork

In netsh wlan show hostednetwork command, it shows the hotspot had started successfully as shown in the below image.

But whenever a device is connected to this hotspot the wifi is turning off automatically thereby stopping the hotspot.

I have unchecked the Power management option i.e, Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
    All driver are updated to the latest versions.

Please help

luck pradeep, Jun 18, 2020
  3. wifi hotspot connection issues

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Let us follow these steps one by one to check if that makes any difference.

Step 1: You may run the Network Adapter troubleshooter to check if that helps.

• Type Troubleshoot in the Search bar of your PC and open the Troubleshoot settings.
    • Scroll down the right pane and select ‘Network Adapter’ and click on ‘Run Troubleshooter’.
    • The PC will then start checking for the possible errors and will possibly detect the issue.
    Once this is done, restart the PC and check the wifi hotspot connectivity.

Step 2: If the issue persists, then you may want to
    update the Network driver
    and check the status.

Step 3: You may also want to change the adapter settings.

• Open Mobile Hotspot settings on your PC.
    • Press ‘Windows key + I’ to open Settings and go to ‘Network and Internet’.
    • Scroll down the left pane and select ‘Mobile Hotspot’.
    • Go to ‘Related Settings’ from the right pane and click on ‘Change adapter options’.
    • Identify your mobile hotspot adapter, right click and go to ‘Properties’.
    • Open Sharing tab and Uncheck “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection”.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jun 18, 2020
  4. Matt2020 Win User

Wifi hotspot stopped working AGAIN

Was working fine, devices could connect no problem. Then it stopped....devices could see the hotspot but could not connect. From a suggestion, I completely removed AVS security and hotspot started working fine. Now out of the blue stopped working again (I did not reinstall AVS )

Could it be setting in defender or ????????

Matt2020, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Can no longer connect to Wifi hotspot works after last night's update - Similar Threads - longer connect Wifi

2. Can no longer connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can no longer connect to wifi: Or at least I can't access the web. Every device I have connects to wifi no problem, but not my laptop. My connection says "No internet, open." I've had this issue several times in the past but have always been able to fix it in Powershell with ipconfig /release, ipconfig...
  3. DESKTOP DISAPPEARED AFTER LAST NIGHT'S UPDATE

in Windows 10 Customization
    DESKTOP DISAPPEARED AFTER LAST NIGHT'S UPDATE: I logged on this morning and everything on my desktop is gone. Windows 10 / 64 Bit This is the update that was installed: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4023057/update-reliability-for-windows-10-versions-1507-to-1909 I have tried the following: 1. Disabled...
  4. After the last update, Bluetooth connection is not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After the last update, Bluetooth connection is not working: Bluetooth is not working. I need your help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-the-last-update-bluetooth-connection-is-not/1065e464-b40e-4d1b-b83b-09062fc2a715
  5. Wifi Hotspot connectivity

Wifi Hotspot connectivity: I'm able to connect to the internet in my laptop from my phone hotspot using SIM1, but when trying to connect to internet using SIM2, its showing connected, but no internet. So how can i get access to the network using SIM2 in the laptop Wifi? is it an adapter issue?...
  6. Slow computer after it updated last night

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Slow computer after it updated last night: When my computer turned off last night it updated.....which is fine......but today it is REALLY slow!! What do I need to do to speed it up again? It's very frustrating to use for work! Thanks :)...
  7. Wifi Connectivity to hotspot

Wifi Connectivity to hotspot: I am facing problem connecting to the portable hotspot for accessing internet using wifi in my windows 10. It is getting connected to the hotspot but showing NO INTERNET, SECURED. So i am unable to access the internet from my pc. I am using hp ay009tx laptop. Please reply...
  8. Last nights update failed.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Last nights update failed.: Since last nights update my computer won't take my pin number, says it is wrong. 65051
  9. Teamviewer stopped working after last nights win10 updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Teamviewer stopped working after last nights win10 updates: I Tried to connect to my 2 other PCs this morning. I just get a screen where it says it's 'Initialising Display parameters' but will not get past this screen. Was working perfectly yesterday! Oh and I can take control of these same computers if I try it from my Linux...
  10. Black screen after update last night

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen after update last night: Hi, This morning Sept 15 after the update to Win 10 1703 x64, 2 computers had a black screen when starting. Came to the blue Windows Logo then went black but with a moveable cursor after hearing open music. I closed them down and restarted them. One has come up...