Windows 10: Can No Longer Control Brightness After Latest Update to Windows 1903

Discus and support Can No Longer Control Brightness After Latest Update to Windows 1903 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Two weeks ago my computer installed the latest Windows updates and now my brightness and Night Light functions no longer work. The sliders are still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TaraB., Aug 31, 2019.

1. TaraB. Win User

Can No Longer Control Brightness After Latest Update to Windows 1903

Two weeks ago my computer installed the latest Windows updates and now my brightness and Night Light functions no longer work. The sliders are still there, but it doesn't actually adjust the brightness. I bought a new computer this week and after it went through new Windows updates, the brightness no longer works on this laptop either! I factory reset the new laptop and brightness is working again but now I'm terrified to update and have to work while blinded.

I have tried all the fixes listed online that were suggested over a year ago (driver updates and reinstalls, messing with the registry, etc) but they didn't work and I can't find any info for this new update. Does anyone know the solution or how to avoid this problem? Will Windows issue a fix?

Thanks!

:)

TaraB., Aug 31, 2019
  2. TheDavidW Win User

After the latest Windows Update, brightness control and custom keyboard shortcuts no longer function

Acer 1810TZ

64 bit OS and processor (4GB)

Windows 10 Pro

Version 1803

Build 17134.48

Installed 05/17/2018

Quality Updates Installed

• KB4103729
    • KB4103721
    Definition Updates Installed

• KB2267602

Like the subject says, I've lost brightness control as well as custom keyboard shortcuts I had setup to start programs (Ctrl + Alt + [letter]). I just discovered the latter not working. Brightness control no longer works with function key shortcut, icon
    in the notification panel, or adjusting the brightness slider in Settings.

Note that Windows key shortcuts DO work. Volume control DOES work with function key, system tray icon slider, etc.

I've tried the following to no avail:

• updating display and monitor drivers as well as switching to the basic Microsoft display.
    • uninstalling update
    • reinstalling the update
    • the old voodoo trick of rebooting at each of the above steps

I'm at a loss as to what to try or what to even what to search for at this point. Thanks for your help!

TheDavidW, Aug 31, 2019
  3. John Sarc Win User
    Brightness Control not working in Windows 10

Hi Ella,

To adjust the brightness, see the steps below:

• Go back to Power Options, and tick on the High performance.
    • See if you can adjust the brightness.

If this not work, we highly suggest that you create an Administrator account, and re-do the steps above.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Aug 31, 2019
  4. Can No Longer Control Brightness After Latest Update to Windows 1903

Lack of brightness control panel adjustment in Windows 10 1903

Hi how come in the 1903 version there is no longer the brightness control in the control panel? It was great when I connected the pc to the mains and it went to 100% brightness and 0% when I disconnected it .. The brightness works for me because I have the
    drivers updated!

Old Windows Sceen:

Can No Longer Control Brightness After Latest Update to Windows 1903 3d3f1bed-cd0d-43b9-a3f1-e82b5b89642a?upload=true.png

Windows 10 1903:

Can No Longer Control Brightness After Latest Update to Windows 1903 909bc286-d1f2-4e71-8cf9-2c0542acbd8b?upload=true.png

GiuseppeRusso94, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

Can No Longer Control Brightness After Latest Update to Windows 1903

1. Can No Longer Control Brightness After Latest Update to Windows 1903 - Similar Threads - Longer Control Brightness

2. I can't control my screen's brightness after the latest update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't control my screen's brightness after the latest update: After the latest monthly update, I can't control the brightness of my screen in Windows 8.1.When I press the brightness control shortcut on my keyboard the control bar just pops up on the left side topbut nothing happens and when I drag the slider using the mouse the slider...
  3. I can't control my screen's brightness after the latest update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't control my screen's brightness after the latest update: After the latest monthly update, I can't control the brightness of my screen in Windows 8.1.When I press the brightness control shortcut on my keyboard the control bar just pops up on the left side topbut nothing happens and when I drag the slider using the mouse the slider...
  4. Realtek Audio Control no longer working after latest update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Audio Control no longer working after latest update: I've been using the Realtek Audio Control app from the MS Store for configuring the Realtek 5-channel audio on my Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite motherboard. Since the latest Windows update this app seems to have disappeared. When I tried to update it from the MS Store I got an...
  5. Realtek Audio Control no longer working after latest update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek Audio Control no longer working after latest update: I've been using the Realtek Audio Control app from the MS Store for configuring the Realtek 5-channel audio on my Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite motherboard. Since the latest Windows update this app seems to have disappeared. When I tried to update it from the MS Store I got an...
  6. Realtek Audio Control no longer working after latest update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Can no longer connect to printer (after Windows Update 1903)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can no longer connect to printer (after Windows Update 1903): Unfortunately I installed Update 1903, and since then my Lenovo Yoga laptop will no longer print to -- or even detect -- the printer at my shared workspace. I tried recovering to the previous Windows version, but that hasn't changed anything. When I try to add it manually...
  8. Brightness no longer changing after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Brightness no longer changing after update: I did an update on June 3 listed as KB4503864 and after that update, I can no longer change the brightness on my Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series laptop. I have looked around at how to fix but nothing is working. Is there some sort of patch that can be down in order for this...
  9. Brightness control NOT working after update !

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Brightness control NOT working after update !: Before installing the latest update ( March 1, 2019—KB4482887 (OS Build 17763.348) ) i normally i can control the brightness of the screen of my PC ( HP Pavilion dv6 notebook pc ) but, after installing the updates i can't control it. I did uninstall the update and reboot the...
  10. Latest update -- Control panel no longer working

in Windows 10 Support
    Latest update -- Control panel no longer working: Hi there After latest update I find that Control Panel is no longer working --it starts (displays) and then locks up and then disappears after a few seconds. Is my system broken or is control panel now disabled )get to it via Right mouse from Windows start button)....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. brightness bar missing

2. Cant change brightness after update

3. cant adjust brightness after update 1903

4. brightness not working after update 1903,
  5. unable to change brightness after 1903 windows update,
  6. no brightness option after update 1903,
  7. windows update removed brightness settings