Windows 10: Can no longer get 4K60FPS HDR on TV on Windows 10 (RX590, HDMI 2.0b cable, Hisense h7608)

Discus and support Can no longer get 4K60FPS HDR on TV on Windows 10 (RX590, HDMI 2.0b cable, Hisense h7608) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently got a 4K TV and have connected my computer to my TV using my Radeon RX 590 HDMI port, which is an HDMI 2.0b port. The TV is a Hisense H7608... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Oturuk, Dec 25, 2020.

1. /u/Oturuk Win User

Can no longer get 4K60FPS HDR on TV on Windows 10 (RX590, HDMI 2.0b cable, Hisense h7608)

I recently got a 4K TV and have connected my computer to my TV using my Radeon RX 590 HDMI port, which is an HDMI 2.0b port. The TV is a Hisense H7608 4k Smart TV and all of its HDMI ports support 4k60FPS (see page 3). Lastly, I purchased this cable which supports HDMI 2.0b as well.

When I first connected, I was able to get 4k60FPS to work but it randomly stopped working and I can't seem to get it to work again. Going through the Radeon software I only have the option for YCbCr 4:2:0 Pixel Format unless I reduce the refresh rate to 30hz through Windows Advanced Display Settings, which allows me RGB 4:4:4 and the other normal options (as well as HDR).

As far as I'm aware, there should be no issue with my TV, graphics card (or computer, in general), or HDMI cable that causes this.

If someone could please offer some advice, I'd greatly appreciate it!

PS: I would normally go to /r/TechSupport but it's closed for the holidays!

submitted by /u/Oturuk
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Oturuk, Dec 25, 2020

2. Laptop to tv via hdmi

I have connected my acer laptop to my Hisense tv via the hdmi cable but the picture on the tv is small and does not fill the screen. Any help is appreciated?

DorothyClarke1, Dec 25, 2020
  3. connecting smart TV with windows 10 PC using HDMI cable

Hi Shirley,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have better clarity on the issue, answer the below-listed questions and get back to us.

1. What is the make and model number of your TV and your computer?
    2. Do you get any error message on the TV or on your computer when trying to connect the computer and TV using HDMI Cable?
    3. We appreciate that you have performed the troubleshooting steps, so could you let us know what troubleshooting steps you have already tried?

Meanwhile, follow the below steps and see if this helps.

Before trying the below steps, turn off your computer as well as your TV.

Step 1: Plug one end of the HDMI Port in the TV and the other to the computers HDMI Port. Then, turn on both your computer as well as TV.

Note: Make sure that the TV is set to the exact HDMI Channel from the Input Settings (refer your TV manual).

Step 2: Once you perform the Step 1, the computer should output its screen automatically to the TV. If it failed to do so, then follow below steps.

Step 3: Press the Windows key and the R key from your keyboard and type
    Control and hit Enter.

Step 4: Switch the View by Category to
    Small icons
    > Click on Display > On the left pane, click on
    Adjust resolution.

Step 5: Under Display, click on the drop-down list and choose your TV name select the appropriate resolution for the TV to display.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Shafeeq_Khan, Dec 25, 2020
  4. sagarpv Win User

Can no longer get 4K60FPS HDR on TV on Windows 10 (RX590, HDMI 2.0b cable, Hisense h7608)

N8 : HDMI cable is not fit to HDMI port on Sony Bravia TV

Hi,

I got the HDMI cable with the N8, I tried to connect my N8 to the Sony Bravia TV with this cable. But it is not fit into the HDMI port of the TV.

Is there any other connectivity cable require to connect phone and TV through HDMI cable?

If yes, please suggest me what cable and where to buy that cable.

or

Is there any other way to connect my phone and TV through HDMI.

sagarpv, Dec 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Can no longer get 4K60FPS HDR on TV on Windows 10 (RX590, HDMI 2.0b cable, Hisense h7608) - Similar Threads - longer 4K60FPS HDR

2. Laptop Lenovo to Hisense tv

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Lenovo to Hisense tv: Hello guys, i have Hisense tv and Lenovo laptop, my laptop version is Windows 10 pro 22h2 and when i go add a device, wireless dock, i find my tv but when i press to connect it says "Couldn't connect to your device. Try to reconnect through the action center." Can u help me...
  3. Laptop Lenovo to Hisense tv

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Lenovo to Hisense tv: Hello guys, i have Hisense tv and Lenovo laptop, my laptop version is Windows 10 pro 22h2 and when i go add a device, wireless dock, i find my tv but when i press to connect it says "Couldn't connect to your device. Try to reconnect through the action center." Can u help me...
  4. No sound from TV with HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound from TV with HDMI cable: Hello everyone, I've built a desktop recently and everything is working properly until I connect it to my TV. Basically, I have no sound, even though the TV is properly detected by Windows. I have no problems whatsoever when my desktop is connected to my Lenovo high refresh...
  5. Connecting PC and TV by HDMI cable

Connecting PC and TV by HDMI cable: I connected ny computer to the smart TV by a HDMI cable in order to see content on the TV screen. I see the on the TV screen the bottom applications line but not the screen itself....
  6. hdmi cable to tv

hdmi cable to tv: Since installing windows 10 i cant get the hdmi cable from laptop to tv to work, i was working fine prior to me downloading windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-cable-to-tv/fbb308ac-309b-4ec2-a047-673dfeec99e9
  7. HDMI output disappeared on laptop - TV no longer plays audio when connected with HDMI cable.

HDMI output disappeared on laptop - TV no longer plays audio when connected with HDMI cable.: I connected my laptop to the TV last night via HDMI to watch some shows when I noticed it wasn't playing audio like it usually does. Visual was fine, but audio was only coming from my laptop. Went through various settings and tried everything from games to mp3s, but it's like...
  8. problem with connecting TV using HDMI cable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    problem with connecting TV using HDMI cable: My HDIM connect used to work fine but now I am unable to connect my TV using HDMI cable from my laptop. I receive an error message saying that it cannot detect another display...
  9. No sound to tv through hdmi cable

in Windows 10 Customization
    No sound to tv through hdmi cable: I have a tv hooked up to my laptop through an HDMI cable. The display comes across beautifully, but there is no sound. I've found my tv, but it gives me no options. When I went into the settings and got to the playback devices, it says the HDMI isn't plugged in. I'm forced...
  10. connecting laptop with windows 10 to tv with HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Customization
    connecting laptop with windows 10 to tv with HDMI cable: I'm trying to view my laptop (Windows 10) to my tv. The settings menu says it doesn't detect another display. What am I doing wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-laptop-with-windows-10-to-tv-with-hdmi/54f4c9c6-91e2-4a0b-916c-825410a42125