Windows 10: Can no longer get to desktop complicated story

Discus and support Can no longer get to desktop complicated story in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; First I put a new SSD in my PC, it wasn't recognized at first, so I rebooted and it showed up in the BIOS. Then installed Windows 10 from a USB stick,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Zensurfer, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Zensurfer Win User

Can no longer get to desktop complicated story

First I put a new SSD in my PC, it wasn't recognized at first, so I rebooted and it showed up in the BIOS. Then installed Windows 10 from a USB stick, no problems. Set my preferences, downloaded my favourite software, transferred some files. Restarted a couple of times with no problems. Came back in the morning and problems showed up. First I got error code 0x0000185, rebooted and got this message "Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key" so I put the Windows USB stick in and got to the desktop. Didn't seem to be any problems, I started playing a game, and it got very slow and jerky. I quit the game and there was a blue screen that had dots going in a circle that said something like 'Preparing security solutions', that screen disappeared and the PC went haywire, a troubleshooting notification showed up saying it was gathering info, and then said it could not repair the PC. I turned it off and rebooted, got to the installation disk and clicked repair, then got the message that the PC couldn't be repaired again. So I rebooted got to BIOS selected the SSD and exited BIOS, and got a flashing cursor, pressing keys didn't do anything. Rebooted with the Windows USB again, got to the screen where you choose the 64 bit or 32 version, got to the BIOS splash screen and got dots going in a circle waited 5 minutes went to the screen where you choose Safe Mode, etc... I chose safe mode it went back to the BIOS splash screen, waited 5 minutes hit F11 which sent me back to the Windows installation screen, chose the 64 bit version, it went back to the BIOS splash screen with dots going in a circle waited another 5 minutes and then turned it off. I realize that is complicated, but is there any hope for a solution that doesn't mean going to the Geek Squad.

Msi B450 Tomahawk

AMD Ryzen 3

Samsung 860EVO 1TB

AMD Radeon R7 370

8GB Crucial Ripjaw memory

Oh, I just remembered, sometimes when I hit F11 I would get a pop up that had a list of drives, but selecting one and hitting enter didn't do anything.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance

:)

Zensurfer, Mar 13, 2020

2. Game with the best story, you have played

wasnt aimed at your game theres a few red headed step childs in the lists by people that dont really belong in a best story, the games all have merit but theres very few that should be given best story. theres alot of games here im seeing that just dont hit that mark.

crazyeyesreaper, Mar 13, 2020
  3. pparks1 Win User
    OneDrive - Another over complicated product from Microsoft?

I recreated what I think you wanted on a virtual machine, in a very straightforward way. Here are my steps.

Step 1: Launch OneDrive for the first time. Click on the option at bottom to change the default location for my OneDrive to a second hard drive on my system. (if you already have oneDrive setup, go to settings and choose Unlink account to get back to this point).

Can no longer get to desktop complicated story [​IMG]

Step #2. Create a OneDrive folder on my E:\ drive, and select it.

Step #3. Go into newly created E:\OneDrive and create folders for Desktop, Documents and Pictures.

Step #4. Go to C:\users\user\{Desktop,Documents,Pictuers} and move them to your new E:\OneDrive\{Desktop,Documents,Pictuers}

Step #5. Run a test, using Quick access area, create a test file on the desktop folder.

Step #6. Now, go to E:\OneDrive\Desktop and verify that the file is really there

Step #7. Ensure the right folders are checked to Sync

Step #8. Optionally untick the Files on Demand feature to make 100% sure that the files are actually stored on your hard drive.

Seems pretty easy to me.

pparks1, Mar 13, 2020
  4. erocker Win User

Game with the best story, you have played

Relax, people are entitled to their opinions.

erocker, Mar 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Can no longer get to desktop complicated story - Similar Threads - longer desktop complicated

2. Complications in adding a user.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Complications in adding a user.: I am attempting to add a user actually me to Windows 10. User Me was already on the program, but removed. When I attempt to add it back with the email address *** Email address is removed for privacy *** I receive the alert...
  3. Internet Complications

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Complications: So, I've been having this issue lately, where I can't stay connected to the internet for the life of me. I have tried numerous of things, and none seem to be working. The connection would be perfectly fine, and then five minutes later, it'll disconnect for no reason. If I...
  4. Weird story on how I can no longer boot into Windows 10 and need help.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird story on how I can no longer boot into Windows 10 and need help.: Hello, As a background I have an HP Laptop with Windows 10 that likes to bluescreen quite frequently remeber this. So I decided to buy a 1TB HHD so I bought one. Pluged it in my laptop using a SATA 3 to USB adaptor and moved everything from my games partition to the 938GB...
  5. It's complicated

It's complicated: Hey. I am about a sand grain close to losing my mind over this. I have a lot of problems with my Lenovo office 360 computer but it all ties to one word...STORAGE. I am going to start from the beginning. I got a message on my laptop a couple weeks ago telling me that my disk...
  6. Windows edition complications

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows edition complications: Hi all, Slightly complicated question here. I have a laptop that was originally running Windows 10 Home. I also have another older PC that had Windows 10 Pro. I wanted to install the Pro edition on my new laptop so I used slmgr to deactivate the license on the old PC and...
  7. Why the complications? Homegroup no longer available in Windows 10!!!!!!!!!! Are Microsoft...

Why the complications? Homegroup no longer available in Windows 10!!!!!!!!!! Are Microsoft...: In windows 7 I used homegroup to connect to one single network, thereby having easy access between computers. In Windows 10 this is no longer available! Having tried for the past month or so to connect my computers, I am seriously considering reverting to Windows 7, unless...
  8. Story Remix

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Story Remix: Buenas tardes: No puedo descargar Story Remix Gracias https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/story-remix/fcee9880-804c-48e9-ba20-830706a2daf1
  9. Microsoft complication

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft complication: Recently, I attempted to renew or update my Windows 10 to no avail .. afterwards to my dismay, I am seeing a Note from Microsoft saying that I need to fix it before I continue .. I do not know how to do this ..help ?? thanks...
  10. Cortana can no longer SMS from my Desktop?

in Cortana
    Cortana can no longer SMS from my Desktop?: Hi, My current configuration is PC = Surface Pro 3 = Running Windows 10 1809 Mobile = HP Elite X3 = Running Windows 10 mobile 1709 I have always used my Surface PC to send SMS from my phone and used to have two options... however trying to SMS today... it...