Windows 10: can no longer install Windows 10 games/apps on ExFAT drive

Discus and support can no longer install Windows 10 games/apps on ExFAT drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I used to be able to install Windows 10 games and apps via the Windows Store on all of my hard drives. Now, two of them, which are formatted ExFAT, can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by samuel_h, Jan 4, 2020.

1. samuel_h Win User

can no longer install Windows 10 games/apps on ExFAT drive

I used to be able to install Windows 10 games and apps via the Windows Store on all of my hard drives. Now, two of them, which are formatted ExFAT, can no longer accept new game installs. Existing games installed on those drives, which were installed before this weird update hit the Windows Store, still work. But when I try to install new games to those drives, which are shown as available drives in the Xbox beta app, I get an error 0x80073d13 saying they're not formatted NTFS. And the general Windows Store app no longer shows them as available drives, even though I've selected one of these ExFAT drives as my "change where new content is saved" default for "apps" within the Windows 10 Control Panel. My Win10 drive is prohibitively small to install 50+ and 100+GB games.

Previous threads suggested to update the Xbox Beta App to make this work. That didn't do the trick. I'm on Xbox Beta version 1912.1001.8.0, on Windows 10 version 1909, build 18363.535. Because that thread was incorrectly closed, I have to reopen the exact same issue as a new thread. As if I didn't have enough complaints about this whole process.

What gives?

:)

samuel_h, Jan 4, 2020

2. Windows 10 installing progs

I decided to take the plunge and upgrade to windows 10 from 7. I used the Media Creation Tool from MS website. It took awhile, but I am finally running Windows 10 (12-14).

I opened the new App & Program feature to remove programs that I no longer needed. Scrolling down the list, I was horrified! Apps that I didn't install somehow magically installed themselves. Two programs stood out: Facebook and Candy Crush Soda Saga. Both programs have those tale-tale icons that they came from Windows Store (which I've never even opened). The install date for both of them were on 12-26.

Is this a common thing for Windows 10? Or is it because I did an upgrade and not a clean install?

GoFigureItOut, Jan 4, 2020
  3. Formating to exFAT

Hi Taylor,

If you want to format an external hard drive or USB flash drive in exFAT, you can follow these steps:

• Press and hold Windows key + x on your keyboard. This open the context menu.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type format g: /FS:exFAT and then Enter to begin formatting the G drive as exFAT
    For any query, feel free to reach us.

Marque Lor, Jan 4, 2020
  4. can no longer install Windows 10 games/apps on ExFAT drive

Windows 10 installing progs

You did an upgrade.

eidairaman1, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

can no longer install Windows 10 games/apps on ExFAT drive

1. can no longer install Windows 10 games/apps on ExFAT drive - Similar Threads - longer install games

2. exFAT drive not showing up on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    exFAT drive not showing up on Windows 11/10: [IMG]When some Windows users plugged in their exFAT drive, their system refused to recognize it and the drive did not show up in the File Explorer. In this post, we will discuss this issue in detail and see what you can do to resolve the issue. So, if the exFAT drive is not...
  3. Format flash drive exFAT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Format flash drive exFAT: Format flash drive exFAT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/format-flash-drive-exfat/9b4ae7be-66d8-4279-8e68-fb2d07745b31
  4. Format flash drive exFAT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Format flash drive exFAT: Format flash drive exFAT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/format-flash-drive-exfat/9b4ae7be-66d8-4279-8e68-fb2d07745b31
  5. Corrupted USB Drive in exFat format

in Windows 10 Customization
    Corrupted USB Drive in exFat format: I was doing a backup of some files from my laptop to my 1TB USB Drive in exFat format.During the file transfer, the progress suddenly stopped and I got the message "The Semaphore Timeout Period Has Expired". The file explorer freezed and I was forced the end the process. Then...
  6. Windows 10 unable to recognise EXFAT drive on USB

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 unable to recognise EXFAT drive on USB: HiI have an EXFAT drive which was formatted on a Synology DSM6. I need to plug this drive in to do some checks, but my Windows does not recognise the drive and does not show up on the File Explorer. I then downloaded Aomei Partition Assistant which was able to read it.Why...
  7. Can no longer launch games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can no longer launch games: So, this all started because for some reason, Windows Update wouldn't work. I was stuck on version 1909, trying to update to 20H2. Every time it attempted, I would get the "missing dependencies" error on Xbox, and in an attempt to mitigate, I started working on upgrading.Good...
  8. exFAT drive no longer accessible from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    exFAT drive no longer accessible from Windows 10: I was looking to use an external, exFAT formatted, drive to move files between a laptop running Windows 10 and a Mac running High Sierra. I was able to load the files from the laptop onto the 320 GB SimpleDrive. However, I was unable to access the drive from the Mac it did...
  9. How can I know the cluster size for an exFAT hard drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I know the cluster size for an exFAT hard drive?: I couldn't find a way to learn what's the cluster size (allocation unit size) for an exFAT partition (or any other format). I tried with HWinfo, Windows msinfo32, Hard drive sentinel, DriveDX. None of them say it! Any help much welcome. - - - Updated - - - Just right click...
  10. Windows 10 can no longer access hard drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 can no longer access hard drive: Hi all, After a reboot yesterday, the system wants to do a scan & repair of hard drive D on start up. After waiting several hours, it does not progress past 1% complete. I am able to cancel it and log in as normal but performance very slow. I can still see drive D in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. installing windows apps exfat

2. win10 usb installer exfat