Windows 10: Can no longer launch games

Discus and support Can no longer launch games in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So, this all started because for some reason, Windows Update wouldn't work. I was stuck on version 1909, trying to update to 20H2. Every time it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by LurkerSyx, Jun 10, 2021.

1. LurkerSyx Win User

Can no longer launch games

So, this all started because for some reason, Windows Update wouldn't work. I was stuck on version 1909, trying to update to 20H2. Every time it attempted, I would get the "missing dependencies" error on Xbox, and in an attempt to mitigate, I started working on upgrading.Good news: I am now on Windows 10 version 21H1.Bad news: Any time I try to launch a game in the Xbox app, it just takes me to the Microsoft Store page for Gaming Services.I've tried sfc /scannow, I've tried DIM.exe, I've tried the Powershell getapp/removeapp, I've tried manually uninstalling Gaming Services from the add/remove

:)

LurkerSyx, Jun 10, 2021

2. Launching games

Hi Wesley,

Windows 10 is gamer-friendly by design. If an issue like being unable to launch a game happens, it can be caused by outdated display driver or other factors that cause conflict when launching the app. For us to better assist you, we'd like to ask for additional
    information. Please answer the following:

• What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Are you getting an error message when launching the game?
    • Have you made any changes to the settings or installed updates prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • What specific games are you having issues with?

We will wait for your response.

Jennifer Cha, Jun 10, 2021
  3. Games won't launch and run in background.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please do let us know with the following information for better assistance:

• What exactly do you mean by games does not run in the background?
    • Which are the games you are trying to launch?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error notification while trying to launch the game?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?

I would like to inform that the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable x86,
    usually occupy 1 GB of the storage space.

I suggest you to run disk cleanup to free the memory: Free up drive space in Windows 10
    and check.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 10, 2021
  4. Can no longer launch games

I can't launch games

Hi,

There are several factors that we have to take into consideration when troubleshooting issues with launching games on Windows 10. Here's a list of the possible reasons:

• An outdated game version
    • Outdated Windows 10 OS
    • Corrupted game data
    • Software conflicts
    For us to determine the root cause of this issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• What are the games affected?
    • Are you using the physical copy or the digital version of the games? If you're using the digital version, may we know where did you download the games?
    • Are you encountering this issue when launching the games online or offline?
    If you've downloaded the games from the Windows Store, we recommend running the Windows apps troubleshooter. Click this

link
    to run this troubleshooter.

You may also check if there are updates available for the games by following the steps provided on this

link
    . Keeping the game version up-to-date can help resolve common issues with games on Windows 10.

Keep us posted with the progress. We're here to clear things up.

Catherine Cus., Jun 10, 2021
Thema:

Can no longer launch games

1. Can no longer launch games - Similar Threads - longer launch games

2. Games Not Launching

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games Not Launching: I own a ASUS TUF Gaming laptop, with Windows 11, and got it about 3 months ago, though, about 3 days ago, games wouldn't launch, sometimes, for specific games, it would launch, and start out fine, but then freeze, and crash. I have tried resetting my whole system, deleting...
  3. Game not launching...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game not launching...: Hello sir/ ma'am....I have been facing this problem for soo long... I have downloaded many games from steam unlocked website.... After installing these games and running them as administrator... I simply see a black screen and get returned toh the desktop screen.... I have...
  4. Game not launching

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game not launching: Hey so I have this old csgo which is csgo 2013 which is a cracked versionAnd I have trouble running it on my new laptopThe new laptop is on windows 11And for some reason it doesn't runI thought it needs dx9 so I downloaded it from Microsoft and installed it But it still...
  5. game not launching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    game not launching: I have recently downloaded a game "Asphalt:9 Legends" from the microsoft store on my device running windows 11. The problem is that the game is not launching and i can only see blank black screen when i try running it. Any helps would be appreciated....
  6. DirectX 9 games no longer launching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX 9 games no longer launching: As of the latest windows update in August 2021, most if not all DirectX 9 games such as source engine games e.g. portal, Garry's Mod, and portal 2 and A hat in time do not launch anymore. In terms of specs, my computer has an Intel i7 6700, 16GB of memory, and an NVIDIA GTX...
  7. Game not launching

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Game not launching: Hello . I have a issue with game here. It is Marine Heavy Gunner Vietnam. When i launch it , it does not open but it is running in background also showing it is 32 bit. My pc -- windows 10 pro...
  8. Games no longer launch. Error code 0xc0000005

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Games no longer launch. Error code 0xc0000005: Hello all. I have been struggling with this issue for almost a year, and at one point gave up gaming for a few months on this computer before tackling the issue again. At it's core, the issue is that 90% of games that I try to play crash before they launch. Games of this...
  9. certain games no longer launching since upgrade to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    certain games no longer launching since upgrade to Windows 10: I had five games installed on my son's laptop before upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10. These games were all running perfectly before the upgrade, but now only two of the five will launch. The ones that won't open, just in case anyone is familiar with them, are...
  10. Launching Games?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Launching Games?: So I was just wondering which is better, launching the games via shortcut (afterinstall) or launching the game in your graphic card driver (radeon setting, nvidia setting, etc.) also does this have any effect on perfomance, quality, etc. please enlighten us? 92321