Windows 10: Can no longer log into Windows on my old PC

Discus and support Can no longer log into Windows on my old PC in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Early this year, I purchased a new laptop and then stopped using my old laptop. Not long afterwards, I switched to a new email address. I updated my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Pekelo96720, Jun 12, 2021.

1. Can no longer log into Windows on my old PC

Early this year, I purchased a new laptop and then stopped using my old laptop. Not long afterwards, I switched to a new email address. I updated my Windows account to reflect this new email address. Something went awry with my Windows Hello PIN and so I updated it today. Now we switch to my old laptop, which I used up until I purchased the new laptop I referenced: When I go to log in to the old laptop, I am presented with ONLY the field to enter my PIN. I have no clue what my old PIN was. I enter the wrong one, and it presents me with an MS Sign in window which is pre-filled with my old e

:)

Pekelo96720, Jun 12, 2021

2. Unlink an old android phone from my pc

I go thru the suggested steps: Start - Settings - Phone - Unlink this PC.

When I first open the "your phone" screen the old phone is listed. Not sure if the phone listed is suppose to be selectable or not, but my is not. When I select "Unlink this PC" the phone listed is removed. When I select "Add Phone" the old phone still
    shows. I have removed the old phone from my Microsoft Account. I have rebooted after unlink this pc but I still cannot remove my old phone.

LostSailorPO1, Jun 12, 2021
  3. Gino Des Win User
    Can't log-in to windows 10

If you have recently changed your Microsoft password, we suggest that you try using your old password and check if you will be able to log in. We also recommend that you connect your computer to the internet while logging in.

If the issue persists, let's start your PC in safe mode. Safe mode starts Windows in a basic state, using a limited set of files and drivers. For steps on how to start your PC in safe mode, refer to the following link:
    Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10.

To isolate the cause of this issue, we would like to know the following information:

• Are you using a Microsoft account or a local account on your computer?
    • What is the exact error message that you receive when logging in?

Looking forward to your reply.

Gino Des, Jun 12, 2021
  4. Can no longer log into Windows on my old PC

Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Jun 12, 2021
Thema:

Can no longer log into Windows on my old PC

1. Can no longer log into Windows on my old PC - Similar Threads - longer log old

2. BIOS Update and can no longer log in to Windows

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    BIOS Update and can no longer log in to Windows: Windows 10I just updated my BIOS because my USB ports were acting funky and chipset/mobo drivers didn't fix anything. The reboot after the BIOS update windows screams"Your PIN is no longer available due to a change in the security settings on this device. Click to set up your...
  3. BIOS Update and can no longer log in to Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BIOS Update and can no longer log in to Windows: Windows 10I just updated my BIOS because my USB ports were acting funky and chipset/mobo drivers didn't fix anything. The reboot after the BIOS update windows screams"Your PIN is no longer available due to a change in the security settings on this device. Click to set up your...
  4. BIOS Update and can no longer log in to Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. my old key can no longer be turned on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my old key can no longer be turned on: I build a new PC and I want to use my old key on it since it is not working anymore. I install the correct edition of Windows which is home. I got the old one from upgrading from Windows 7 to 10 before. How can I do that?...
  6. my old key can no longer be turned on

my old key can no longer be turned on: I build a new PC and I want to use my old key on it since it is not working anymore. I install the correct edition of Windows which is home. I got the old one from upgrading from Windows 7 to 10 before. How can I do that?...
  7. my old key can no longer be turned on

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  8. Reset my PC, but can no longer sign in.

Reset my PC, but can no longer sign in.: I reset my PC completely, removing all files. I've done this before and have had no problems whatsoever. Yet this time, after trying to sign in after performing a local install I've tried cloud install but it said it failed, I cannot. I recieve the message "The ProfSvc...
  9. I can no longer log in to my PC with my PIN due to my organization's standards

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I can no longer log in to my PC with my PIN due to my organization's standards: I added a second account to my PC today so I could work from home. I went to switch from that account to my previous account and my PIN would no longer work. It says it does not meet my organization's standards. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to adjust this - I...
  10. Deleting old pc's no longer in use

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Deleting old pc's no longer in use: How do I delete an old pc/laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/deleting-old-pcs-no-longer-in-use/7d862431-2360-4bca-9b9b-f34d8da0f799