Windows 10: Can no longer move/copy files to shortcuts.

Discus and support Can no longer move/copy files to shortcuts. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The subject says it. Windows will no longer let me drag & move or copy to a shortcut. Is there a fix? [img] 156902 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by iamjim, May 22, 2020.

1. iamjim Win User

Can no longer move/copy files to shortcuts.

The subject says it. Windows will no longer let me drag & move or copy to a shortcut.

Is there a fix?

Can no longer move/copy files to shortcuts. [​IMG]

:)

iamjim, May 22, 2020
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, May 22, 2020
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, May 22, 2020
  4. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Can no longer move/copy files to shortcuts. :)

terrace, May 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Can no longer move/copy files to shortcuts. - Similar Threads - longer move copy

2. No longer copy/move files from folder to folder [long]

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No longer copy/move files from folder to folder [long]: Hi everyone,The o/s is W10 Pro with two account, the "main" one has always been admin standard and has never caused problems.The "secondary" is "user" and the one causing problems: I can no longer copy/move files in folder or from folder to folder. The desktop screen flashes...
  3. No longer copy/move files from folder to folder [long]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No longer copy/move files from folder to folder [long]: Hi everyone,The o/s is W10 Pro with two account, the "main" one has always been admin standard and has never caused problems.The "secondary" is "user" and the one causing problems: I can no longer copy/move files in folder or from folder to folder. The desktop screen flashes...
  4. No longer copy/move files from folder to folder [long]

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Moving or Copying Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving or Copying Files: My new Windows 11 is disappointing because it fails to incorporate Windows 10 excellent file management system when it comes to sending or copying a file. Is there any thought to bringing that feature into W11?...
  6. Moving or Copying Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving or Copying Files: My new Windows 11 is disappointing because it fails to incorporate Windows 10 excellent file management system when it comes to sending or copying a file. Is there any thought to bringing that feature into W11?...
  7. Properties can no longer be moved with the file.

in Windows 10 Support
    Properties can no longer be moved with the file.: Recently after my update to 21H1, I keep getting this "1 interrupted Action" information pop-up when I try to move a file from my desktop to another location on the hard drive or external USB. The same "1 interrupted action" pop-up occurs even when trying to use the copy and...
  8. copy move files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    copy move files: Hi I am a photographer and on Windows 10 I manually copy images to backup all the time.... I want to copy files to backup and filter only by name & size and not by Date/Time... Because of Daylight Saving Time many times my backup files do not jive with the original files...
  9. Can't move files, can only copy them

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't move files, can only copy them: So im trying to move a file from my ssd to a hardrive but it will only let me copy it. I need to move the entire folder. How can I do that? submitted by /u/todahmoon18238 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kej9un/cant_move_files_can_only_copy_them/
  10. Can no longer move the page file

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can no longer move the page file: I have Win 10 on an SSD and have always been able to set the pagefile to none on it and use an internal HD for the page file. After doing a clean install of win 10 pro Windows insists on creating a temporary page file anyway. [ATTACH] But the settings are correct....