Windows 10: Can no longer move/copy files to shortcuts.

Discus and support Can no longer move/copy files to shortcuts. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The subject says it. Windows will no longer let me drag & move or copy to a shortcut. Is there a fix? [img] 156902 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by iamjim, May 22, 2020 at 4:57 PM.

1. iamjim Win User

Can no longer move/copy files to shortcuts.

The subject says it. Windows will no longer let me drag & move or copy to a shortcut.

Is there a fix?

Can no longer move/copy files to shortcuts. [​IMG]

:)

2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

4. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Can no longer move/copy files to shortcuts. :)

Thema:

1. Can no longer move/copy files to shortcuts. - Similar Threads - longer move copy

2. CAN NO LONGER RENAME FILES WITH FORIGN LETTERS !!!!!!!!!!!! CANNOT SEARCH AND COPY OR...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CAN NO LONGER RENAME FILES WITH FORIGN LETTERS !!!!!!!!!!!! CANNOT SEARCH AND COPY OR...: this started happening a few patches back if a file name is longer and has some certain characters in it the renaming works if you do it manually but when i use other programs like bulk renamer or ant renamer to rename 100 files i can no longer rename things. When i use...
  3. EFS copying , moving files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    EFS copying , moving files: Hello, I am preparing for the MD-100 certification and I have a question about copying or moving EFS files. According to Exam Ref MD-100 Windows 10 by Andrew Bettany on page #188 "EFS will prevent attempts to copy or move encrypted data by anyone except users who have the...
  4. Copying original files from shortcut location

Copying original files from shortcut location: I have a number of folders (tree structure) all containing exclusively shortcuts to various files stored across a myriad of different folders. Initially I set it up this way as I sifting through documents and sorting them for a separate project but didn't want to duplicate...
  5. Moving/copying Windows music files

Moving/copying Windows music files: How do I select "all" of my albums in windows music in order to transfer them to an external hard drive? There is no option for this that I can find. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/movingcopying-windows-music-files/eb003712-6506-4c8e-974a-b08455c24455"
  6. Files converted to shortcuts when moved to a folder

Files converted to shortcuts when moved to a folder: I wanted to declutter my desktop, so I created a new folder on the desktop then highlighted and dragged/dropped a bunch of stuff into that folder. None of the things I dragged/dropped were shortcuts. I save most things directly to my desktop for easy access. So everything...
  7. Files copied from ZIP file might not have been copied or moved

in Windows 10 News
    Files copied from ZIP file might not have been copied or moved: [ATTACH] Yet another bug has been discovered in Windows 10 v1809 which results in a false sense of files copied or moved from a ZIP or archive files. The issue is specific when there are files with the same name in [...] This post Files copied from ZIP file might not have...
  8. Can no longer move the page file

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can no longer move the page file: I have Win 10 on an SSD and have always been able to set the pagefile to none on it and use an internal HD for the page file. After doing a clean install of win 10 pro Windows insists on creating a temporary page file anyway. [ATTACH] But the settings are correct....
  9. Network File Copies and Moves Crash File Explorer

Network File Copies and Moves Crash File Explorer: Everytime I try to move or copy any files from a mapped network share, it crashes out the file explorer. Anyone have any ideas on what can be causing this? The OS is Windows 10 Pro, the network share is on a Synology NAS box. Thank you 70147
  10. Copy to/Move To

in Windows 10 Support
    Copy to/Move To: Will the Copy To/Move To registry hack for Windows work with Windows 10? Add Copy To / Move To on Windows 7 or Vista Right-Click Menu 20557