Windows 10: Can no longer move the page file

Discus and support Can no longer move the page file in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have Win 10 on an SSD and have always been able to set the pagefile to none on it and use an internal HD for the page file. After doing a clean... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LeeCampbell15, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Can no longer move the page file

I have Win 10 on an SSD and have always been able to set the pagefile to none on it and use an internal HD for the page file. After doing a clean install of win 10 pro Windows insists on creating a temporary page file anyway.

Can no longer move the page file f7580a5f-c569-4abc-abcd-32053eb299df?upload=true.png

But the settings are correct.

Can no longer move the page file a9de63c9-31ae-4afb-a887-2e50b82cb8c9?upload=true.png

Can no longer move the page file 36d8b709-eb2d-4c21-90b1-858638e7f48d?upload=true.png

:)

LeeCampbell15, Oct 4, 2018
  2. psyko12 Win User

Page File

Set minimum and maximum to a constant number as suggested by others, that will help reduce fragmentation on the drive coz of different page file sizing.

psyko12, Oct 4, 2018
  3. Kursah Win User
    Paging File

Turning off the paging file is a BAD idea. Some say they've seen performance increases, but I guarentee there will be issues, even if not immediate, they will arise the longer the OS runs w/o the paging file it was designed to use.

Keep it on...if you want, just set it's min and max to the same size. I usually remove it, defrag, then set it to 1.5 of my memory or so, for min and max. There are a lot of programs out there that utilize it for their use, and windows will get pissy without it. Not worth the hassle from what I've read over the years of people trying this...

Hope that helps! *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Oct 4, 2018
  4. Can no longer move the page file

Page File

I would never turn off your page file. Ever. EVER! I put my page file on a separate partition in the middle of the HD, so it is about 2% faster! If you have to mess with your page file, do what I did.

PVTCaboose1337, Oct 4, 2018
Thema:

Can no longer move the page file

1. Can no longer move the page file - Similar Threads - longer move page

2. Why can I NO LONGER post to MSN Page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can I NO LONGER post to MSN Page: I have been not been able to post comments on the MSN page for the last two weeks. Appears there has been a change to the post box and that is when my ability to post stopped. I can type in my comments but when I want to send, it does not respond nor send....
  3. Why can I NO LONGER post to MSN Page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can I NO LONGER post to MSN Page: I have been not been able to post comments on the MSN page for the last two weeks. Appears there has been a change to the post box and that is when my ability to post stopped. I can type in my comments but when I want to send, it does not respond nor send....
  4. Properties can no longer be moved with the file.

in Windows 10 Support
    Properties can no longer be moved with the file.: Recently after my update to 21H1, I keep getting this "1 interrupted Action" information pop-up when I try to move a file from my desktop to another location on the hard drive or external USB. The same "1 interrupted action" pop-up occurs even when trying to use the copy and...
  5. Web-Page No longer loading

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Web-Page No longer loading: Hello, I've recently experienced an issue where a particular website will no longer load for me on my primary PC. Also, Grammarly keeps saying that it cannot connect to the internet when using it on MS Word, these two things occurred at the same time, but I have no way of...
  6. Can no longer move/copy files to shortcuts.

in Windows 10 Support
    Can no longer move/copy files to shortcuts.: The subject says it. Windows will no longer let me drag & move or copy to a shortcut. Is there a fix? [img] 156902
  7. Page file moved

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Page file moved: Windows 10 has unexpectedly but thankfully moved my page file from drive D to drive C. I say thankfully because it was causing, with office and click to run, 100% disc usage on drive D with the page file there. Is this normal Windows behaviour or is there something sinister...
  8. Display or page moves to the left.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display or page moves to the left.: when I go to another page ,my page will go to the left to blank page then comes back to the page before that I was on.This happens when I go to move up the page to search or read.This just started out of the blue one day about a month ago. I have to click on the page first...
  9. Moving paging file to seperate partition on same drive ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Moving paging file to seperate partition on same drive ?: I was wondering if there would be an advantage to moving the paging file to a separate partition on the same SSD keeping all the software on the "C" Drive & games on "E" Drive. Or Would this only work if I used another SSD of 30gb size ? I am wondering this through...
  10. can not delete, move or open file

in Windows 10 Support
    can not delete, move or open file: I have windows 10. I have word 1026 file that when I try to open it wont open, I just get the "word not responding" message and have to restart the computer to get out of it. I can not delete the file or move it. My back up script gives me an error message that it out the...