Windows 10: Can No longer Open Firefox or iTunes - One or More Threads of xxx are

Discus and support Can No longer Open Firefox or iTunes - One or More Threads of xxx are in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; This is a recent occurrence. Firefox sometimes starts after about 5 minutes but iTunes not at all. In the Task Manager, under Details, Analyze Wait... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by penTechCoach, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Can No longer Open Firefox or iTunes - One or More Threads of xxx are

This is a recent occurrence. Firefox sometimes starts after about 5 minutes but iTunes not at all.

In the Task Manager, under Details, Analyze Wait Chain I'll see the message -

One or More Threads of xxx are waiting to finish network I/O

Firefox is at the latest version,and I've disabled all extensions and the startpage is set to google.com.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled both. These are the only 2 apps affected. Chrome works just fine.

Any thoughts? Thanks so much for your help!

Can No longer Open Firefox or iTunes - One or More Threads of xxx are [​IMG]

:)

penTechCoach, Dec 20, 2016
  2. Rob222 Win User

"One or more network protocols are missing"

Thanks for the support, but we are in the same boat. The internet doesn't work any more. Also, I found out I cannot print anymore either. I didn't ask for these downloads, but they do it and my computer does't work right now. I haven't been able
    to call anyone to get it fixed either.

Rob

Rob222, Dec 20, 2016
  3. one or more protocols are missing

Question

• Can No longer Open Firefox or iTunes - One or More Threads of xxx are [​IMG]

Applies to

24 views one or more protocols are missing

SA

asked on

• Insider

I have upgraded my windows 7 to windows 10 as per ur Microsoft company suggestion as it was showing that it is compatible with my PC I had upgraded but there is one problem with network since the network disconnects automatically and it shows that one or
    more protocols are missing in this computer I had done all the suggestion but it not work I had also have an clean install of windows

Details Of my Desktop

Manufacturer Details:-Gigabyte G31M-ES2L

Ram:-2gb

Hard Disk :-250 GB

Processor:-Intel Core 2 DUO

kindly pls help me to get out of this problem as fast as possible because it irritates

SangeethPattathari, Dec 20, 2016
  4. Can No longer Open Firefox or iTunes - One or More Threads of xxx are

Not Myself, Dec 20, 2016
  5. Will do - but do you have a similar diagnostic suggestion for iTunes? Same hangup issue. Will try FF safemode right now. Thank you so much for your assistance!

penTechCoach, Dec 21, 2016
  6. Just tried starting FF in safe mode - still took about 5 minutes to start using the command

firefox -safe-mode

I should have mentioned that I've already disabled all of the extensions and hw acceleration. I've also performed a reset several times as well in the past.

I renamed my profile and started FF - still see issue with thread waiting to finish network i/o.

This is only happening with FF and iTunes.

Thanks again for your help. I have 2 machines - both Win 10 and this is only happening on one of them.

penTechCoach, Dec 21, 2016
  7. Sorry, I know "meTunes," but not iTunes.

Not Myself, Dec 21, 2016
  8. Can No longer Open Firefox or iTunes - One or More Threads of xxx are

Next step is to create a new Firefox profile, as yours may be corrupt; renaming it will have no effect; Fx does not use the name you give a profile, which is there so that, if you have more than one profile, you will know which one is which.

Creating a new Firefox profile on Windows - MozillaZine Knowledge Base

Not Myself, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can No longer Open Firefox or iTunes - One or More Threads of xxx are

1. Can No longer Open Firefox or iTunes - One or More Threads of xxx are - Similar Threads - longer Open Firefox

2. Can no longer connect to iPhone using iTunes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can no longer connect to iPhone using iTunes: 7 months ago I was able to connect to my iPhone using iTunes. Now I get the message: iTunes could not connect to this iPhone. Unknown Error. 0xE8000065.When I plug in my iPhone the Windows Photos app pops up. I assume Photos is causing the problem. I recently tried to use...
  3. Can no longer connect to iPhone using iTunes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can no longer connect to iPhone using iTunes: 7 months ago I was able to connect to my iPhone using iTunes. Now I get the message: iTunes could not connect to this iPhone. Unknown Error. 0xE8000065.When I plug in my iPhone the Windows Photos app pops up. I assume Photos is causing the problem. I recently tried to use...
  4. Can no longer connect to iPhone using iTunes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. More Problems with FIREFOX

in Windows 10 Gaming
    More Problems with FIREFOX: Just Installed Updates on Win 11. Now FIREFOX won't open MSN Homepage. It opens other sites, and Homepage opens from EDGE. Searches indicate that something downloaded with Updates might be preventing FIREFOX. Re-installing FIREFOX didn't fix it this time. Any help, please?...
  6. More Problems with FIREFOX

More Problems with FIREFOX: Just Installed Updates on Win 11. Now FIREFOX won't open MSN Homepage. It opens other sites, and Homepage opens from EDGE. Searches indicate that something downloaded with Updates might be preventing FIREFOX. Re-installing FIREFOX didn't fix it this time. Any help, please?...
  7. iTunes not opening

iTunes not opening: Hi team. This morning I discovered that my iTunes will not open, even though it worked fine a few days ago when I last used it. I have contacted Apple and they tried to troubleshoot including many attempts at installing via the Microsoft Store. Although the installation...
  8. itunes not opening

itunes not opening: Can someone please help me. Ive been trying for DAYS to open my itunes, so I can sync my phone to it... before I get a new phone. I cant open itunes at all. Ive uninstalled, reinstalled, uninstalled goodness knows how many times. But still no luck and the icon is still...
  9. Why can I no longer post answers on threads

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why can I no longer post answers on threads: Why can I no longer post answers on threads. Keeps saying Oopss something went wrong. Do you need a degree to post on here....
  10. One or more applications are using the iTunes scripting interface.

One or more applications are using the iTunes scripting interface.: Back when I got Windows 10 I started having this problem with iTunes that I didn't have before with 7. When I go to close iTunes it freezes and then this message pops up, "One or more applications are using the iTunes scripting interface. Are you sure you want to quit? If you...