Windows 10: Can no longer print to pdf

Discus and support Can no longer print to pdf in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I tried to print something and I was prompted with "no printer found". A quick look at Control Panel showed there was no Print to PDF icon. Add s... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by pintree3, Jul 10, 2021.

1. pintree3 Win User

Can no longer print to pdf

I tried to print something and I was prompted with "no printer found". A quick look at Control Panel showed there was no Print to PDF icon. Add s Printer found no printer nor gave me further choices to do so. I went to Programs and Features and both choices for virtual printers, including Print to PDF where checked. I then looked for it in Device Manager (shouldn't it be there?) and saw nothing. I then went to Task Manager and the printer spooler is not there. Perhaps herein lies the problem. I went to both Power Shell and CMD as Admin input the correct commands, got prompted with everything going well and still, at the end of it all nothing. My way of keeping copies of receipt is using the Print to PDF feature since I have no actual physical printer. Can anyone advise as to what happened. I assume it has something to do with the latest update or 2 or 3 since I remember seeing the print Spooler a few months ago. Thanks in advance Win version 20H2 (OS Build 19042, 1083)

:)

pintree3, Jul 10, 2021

2. Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Jul 10, 2021
  3. Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Thanks for your help. I was browsing the web the other day and I found a page called FINAL DRAFT. They had a set of instructions for reinstalling the Microsoft Print to PDF utility that worked great for me. Problem solved.

WilliamSturgis, Jul 10, 2021
  4. Erika Aro Win User

Microsoft "Print to PDF" prints out Garbage

Hi,

To better assist you regarding Microsoft Print to PDF, we just have a few questions for you:

• What are the documents that you're trying to save as a PDF file?
    • Can you provide us a step-by-step screenshot of how you print your documents as PDF?

Erika Aro, Jul 10, 2021
Thema:

1. Can no longer print to pdf - Similar Threads - longer print pdf

2. Print to PDF no longer in Printers & Scanners

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print to PDF no longer in Printers & Scanners: Microsoft Print to PDF no longer in Printers & Scanners after I removed it. I am unable to re-add it. I tried rebooting. Then I tried to turn it off on windows features, but it won't turn back on again. What should I do, and if it stops working permanently what workarounds...
  3. Print to PDF no longer in Printers & Scanners

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Print to PDF no longer in Printers & Scanners: Microsoft Print to PDF no longer in Printers & Scanners after I removed it. I am unable to re-add it. I tried rebooting. Then I tried to turn it off on windows features, but it won't turn back on again. What should I do, and if it stops working permanently what workarounds...
  4. Can no longer print to pdf

in Windows 10 Support
    Can no longer print to pdf: I tried to print something and I was prompted with "no printer found". A quick look at Control Panel showed there was no Print to PDF icon. Add s Printer found no printer nor gave me further choices to do so. I went to Programs and Features and both choices for virtual...
  5. MS Print to PDF no longer available or working?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MS Print to PDF no longer available or working?: Even after updates, I do not have the option of MS Print to PDF. .PRN documents do not work for me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-print-to-pdf-no-longer-available-or-working/589ca76e-4b34-48af-a5ec-d3474c65e6d4
  6. Microsoft Print to PDF no longer flattening files

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Print to PDF no longer flattening files: Hello, Using W10x64 Pro Verison 1909 Build 18363.778 with the APR 2020 update. I don't know when this started (perhaps with the newest update??) but if I want to make changes to a pdf I make changes with Adobe READER using comments then I print using the Microsoft Print to...
  7. bug windows 10 can no longer reach the Print to Pdf settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    bug windows 10 can no longer reach the Print to Pdf settings: See the screenshot of the Printer & scanners settings window below: trying to click the Manage-button, will select the XPS Document Writer instead! [ATTACH] Anyone else maybe seen this and solved or worked around?...
  8. Can not print a pdf file

Can not print a pdf file: I am having this problem with both laptops, one an HP and the other a Lenovo. I can open the pdf file but when I click print nothing happens, I get no response from the HP printer which I have not had any problems with. I would include the Windows version number but do not...
  9. can no longer print

can no longer print: My printer will no longer print from my desktop computer ever since I reinstalled a fresh copy of windows on it. It's a network printer and it works fine with my laptop and my smart phones. I get an error code every time I try to print. I have uninstalled the printer and the...
  10. Can no longer print

Can no longer print: I have lost the ability to print anything from any app. I even bought a new printer but it does the same thing. The first printer is an older printer but it copies and scans along with printing. I can still copy and scan but not print. The new one is just a printer. I've...