Windows 10: Can no longer rename photos during import using autoplay in Windows 10

Discus and support Can no longer rename photos during import using autoplay in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When using windows 7 and inserting a SD card, autoplay would open and give me options to set the file name for each photo I was importing. I would use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TaraMarshall1, Jan 22, 2022.

1. Can no longer rename photos during import using autoplay in Windows 10

When using windows 7 and inserting a SD card, autoplay would open and give me options to set the file name for each photo I was importing. I would use a combination of date taken + tags or date imported + tags. I cannot seem to find this same option in windows 10. All I see when I open autoplay is the ability to change the destination folder.Is this functionality still available?

:)

TaraMarshall1, Jan 22, 2022

2. Import photos from SD Card in Photo Gallery using Autoplay

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Type Autoplay Settings in the Search box and press Enter.
    • Under Choose Autoplay defaults, select the option required from the drop down list for
      Removable drive and Memory card and close the Window.
    • Restart the system and check for status.
    I suggest you to try importing the photos using photo app as below and check if it helps.

• In the search box type photo.
    • Click on the photo app.
    • On the right hand top corner click on import option.
    • Before that you need to plug in SD card where you have saved the photos.
    Also refer the steps provided by
    Ruth Buruga
    replied on March 21, 2016 in the below link:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...-sd-card/3f4a557b-048f-4d0a-b660-ea5798ad07ca

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Jan 22, 2022
  3. renaming photos imported into windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

To better understand the query, please answer the following questions:

• Are you trying to rename the photos through file explorer?

• Do you receive any error message when you try to rename the photos?

If you are trying to rename the photos before being imported to Windows 10, please be informed that you will have to first import the photos and then rename it later. I would suggest you to try renaming the photos through file explorer by following
    the steps below and check if fit helps.

1. Press Windows key + E to open file explorer.

2. Click “this pc” on the left pane.

3. Open the folder/drive where the photos are located.

4. Right click on the photo which you would like to rename and select ‘rename”.

Also, refer the help article posted by Andre Da costa on how to import photos in Windows 10 for reference

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...-windows/d8258fff-729e-45df-8afd-1f1195d7b6c5

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Jan 22, 2022
  4. Can no longer rename photos during import using autoplay in Windows 10

Import photos from SD Card in Photo Gallery using Autoplay

In Windows 8, I had the option of using the Photo Gallery import wizard to autoplay import my photos. In Windows 10, I have no option to import my photos into autoplay, only import into the Photos app. Is there a workaround besides manually opening up
    Photo Gallery and clicking on the import wizard?

Alison_502, Jan 22, 2022
Thema:

Can no longer rename photos during import using autoplay in Windows 10

1. Can no longer rename photos during import using autoplay in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - longer rename photos

2. When I rename a photo in windows, the photo no longer appears?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I rename a photo in windows, the photo no longer appears?: I have downloaded photos in my "pictures" file, and when I rename them, suddenly I can no longer view the photo, there is just icon there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-rename-a-photo-in-windows-the-photo-no/696e2b36-0e2b-4aaa-9484-3cbbe6ad0d03
  3. When I rename a photo in windows, the photo no longer appears?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I rename a photo in windows, the photo no longer appears?: I have downloaded photos in my "pictures" file, and when I rename them, suddenly I can no longer view the photo, there is just icon there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-rename-a-photo-in-windows-the-photo-no/696e2b36-0e2b-4aaa-9484-3cbbe6ad0d03
  4. Can no longer rename photos during import using autoplay in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can no longer rename photos during import using autoplay in Windows 10: When using windows 7 and inserting a SD card, autoplay would open and give me options to set the file name for each photo I was importing. I would use a combination of date taken + tags or date imported + tags. I cannot seem to find this same option in windows 10. All I see...
  5. Can no longer import photos by date taken

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can no longer import photos by date taken: I HAD been able to import photos by date taken so that they would import into folders by date, but somewhere along the way, I was no longer able to do that. When I'd hook my camera to the pc, it would import them to the pictures folder - but not by date. I shifted to simply...
  6. Photos App Freeze during IPhone Photo Import

Photos App Freeze during IPhone Photo Import: Every time I attempt to import photos from IPhone X with Windows Photos App, it begins the "Looking for new photos and videos" screen, reaches the total number of photos and videos, then freezes. I have current version of windows, current version of IPhone software, the app...
  7. Windows 10 Photo Import No longer Has Delete Option

Windows 10 Photo Import No longer Has Delete Option: Windows 10 App: Microsoft Photos 2020.19111.24110.0 This version of the app no longer has a delete option when importing photographs. Is this an introduced bug? I used to be able to go into the import settings, and check the delete box - this feature has disappeared. I...
  8. Restore Autoplay Option: Import pictures and videos using Windows

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore Autoplay Option: Import pictures and videos using Windows: I and others have asked this question before, but no luck so far. The Photos app is terrible, I've gone back to Windows Photo Viewer using the excellent tutorial. Windows Photo Viewer - Restore in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums Is there a way to go back to Import...
  9. When importing photos I can no longer select folder

in Windows 10 Support
    When importing photos I can no longer select folder: When importing photos I turn on camera (iphone 6s) and comp. Connect them. The Photos app goes through the photos and finds those not already imported. Finds them, asks 'continue' or 'cancel'. I choose continue. Then another screen pops up, tells where they'll be or if I'll...
  10. Missing "Import Photos and Videos" from autoplay for devices

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing "Import Photos and Videos" from autoplay for devices: I swear I had a import photos and videos option for devices on Windows 10 but now it seems I don't. This is what I get for options. [img] I don't even have the options in my autoplay settings and default settings. Any help would be great. 22675