Windows 10: Can no longer reposition the icons on the taskbar

Discus and support Can no longer reposition the icons on the taskbar in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Since the last Windows update, I can no longer reposition the icons on the taskbar even though it is unlocked. I tried locking it then unlocking it but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Peter Gysegem, Dec 4, 2021.

1. Can no longer reposition the icons on the taskbar

Since the last Windows update, I can no longer reposition the icons on the taskbar even though it is unlocked. I tried locking it then unlocking it but still cannot move an icon.Edition Windows 10 Home Single Language Version 21H1 Installed on ‎10/‎07/‎2020 OS build 19043.1348 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0

:)

Peter Gysegem, Dec 4, 2021
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Dec 4, 2021
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Taskbar icons

Hi,

To address your concern, follow the steps below on how to show hidden icons on the taskbar.

• Open Settings, and click on the Personalization
      icon.
    • Click on Taskbar on the left side, and click on the
      Select which icons appear on the taskbar
      link under the Notification area section on the right.
    • Turn on Always show all icons in the notification area at the top

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Dec 4, 2021
  4. Can no longer reposition the icons on the taskbar

How to remove an Icon of "eConnect by Harris School Solutions" on my Taskbar

Hi Graceimson,

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the "eConnect by Harris School Solutions"
    from the taskbar and check if it helps.

• Right click on the icon "eConnect by Harris School Solutions".
    • Click on “Unpin from Taskbar” the icon will be removed from the taskbar.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Dec 4, 2021
Thema:

Can no longer reposition the icons on the taskbar

1. Can no longer reposition the icons on the taskbar - Similar Threads - longer reposition icons

2. Can no longer reposition the icons on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can no longer reposition the icons on the taskbar: Since the last Windows update, I can no longer reposition the icons on the taskbar even though it is unlocked. I tried locking it then unlocking it but still cannot move an icon.Edition Windows 10 Home Single Language Version 21H1 Installed on ‎10/‎07/‎2020 OS build...
  3. Can no longer reposition the icons on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can no longer reposition the icons on the taskbar: Since the last Windows update, I can no longer reposition the icons on the taskbar even though it is unlocked. I tried locking it then unlocking it but still cannot move an icon.Edition Windows 10 Home Single Language Version 21H1 Installed on ‎10/‎07/‎2020 OS build...
  4. repositioning page

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    repositioning page: when I go thru the recommended " pulling up move-alt and spacebar, then move where I want the page, then enter the page ,it should move back to where I positioned it. So I get out of that page and load it again and it does not work, it shows up to the right again, where I...
  5. Sound icon on taskbar no longer working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound icon on taskbar no longer working: Just yesterday Aug 26, 2020 the sound icon that I use regularly to adjust volume has stopped working. I'm sure there's a simple fix, but I haven't found it. Please help?...
  6. repositioning windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    repositioning windows: I have a C49RG9x screen. How can I stop windows re-positioning after waking from sleep? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/repositioning-windows/548bc497-8ae6-468a-931a-94de5794db43
  7. Notification Repositioning

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Notification Repositioning: I'm trying to reposition my notifications to the top right instead of the bottom right. This used to work but it no longer does: https://winaero.com/blog/move-notification-toasts-to-top-or-bottom-of-the-screen-in-windows-10/ Any suggestions? submitted by /u/Tyluur [link]...
  8. Volume icon no longer displayed in taskbar.

Volume icon no longer displayed in taskbar.: It's disappeared. When I go to taskbar settings, and try disabling the volume icon and then re-enabling it, just to see if it fixes it, I find something very strange. On disabling the volume icon, theinternet icon disappears! What on earth is going on?...
  9. Most Start Menu icons can be repositioned, but a few refuse to budge.

Most Start Menu icons can be repositioned, but a few refuse to budge.: I see a lot of people are having trouble pinning & repositioning icons on Start Menu, but I haven't run across anything as odd as this. Most icons on my Start menu can be dragged & repositioned, but a few refuse to budge. The offenders were all pinned from the Control Panel:...
  10. screen reposition

screen reposition: i have a new computer with windows 10, i set it up on an older monitor, when I switched to a newer monitor, larger monitor the image is far to the right and not showing everything...