Windows 10: Can no longer select pictures as background

Discus and support Can no longer select pictures as background in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Previously I was able to select pictures from my PC as a background, including using a group of pictures as a rotating theme. But now when I try to do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by wwsras, Oct 19, 2019.

1. wwsras Win User

Can no longer select pictures as background

Previously I was able to select pictures from my PC as a background, including using a group of pictures as a rotating theme. But now when I try to do the same and go into a folder on my hard drive to select photos, the photo files are not listed at all. I have many folders of pictures but none show the photo files when I try to use the background option. I can see the pictures fine otherwise.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

:)

wwsras, Oct 19, 2019

2. Changing the background in Windows 10 from picture foders created on the hard drive?

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response

I would suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open Desktop Background by right clicking on the desktop clicking Personalization

• Click the picture or color that you want to use for your desktop background.

• If the picture you want to use isn't in the list of desktop background pictures, click an item in the Picture location list to see other categories, or click Browse to search for the picture on your computer.
      When you find the picture that you want, double-click it. It will become your desktop background.

Hope this helps.

Waseemulla S, Oct 19, 2019
  3. personalising background pictures

Hi Steve,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Follow these steps:

• Go to Settings,
    • Click Personalization
    • Highlight Background and scroll down toward the bottom and click Browse.
    • Select the picture or photo to set as background.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Oct 19, 2019
  4. Can no longer select pictures as background

changing the background images

Hi,

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• Have you made any changes on the computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you referring to desktop background image or lock screen image?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the background picture and check if it helps.

• In the search type as ‘Settings’ and click on it.
    • Select ‘Personalization’, under ‘Background’ option select as ‘Picture’.
    • Under ‘Choose your picture’ select any picture accordingly or you can browse the picture from your computer.

You may refer to the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17144/windows-10-change-desktop-background

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Oct 19, 2019
Thema:

Can no longer select pictures as background

1. Can no longer select pictures as background - Similar Threads - longer select pictures

2. Background pictures

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background pictures: My background picture was gone this morning, I went to personalize under slideshow browse selected the folder with my pictures and it show nothing. went to the file folder and looked into pictures and my pictures are there. I tried different folders same thing folder is there...
  3. Can no longer select range of pictures on SD Card and delete with one delete.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can no longer select range of pictures on SD Card and delete with one delete.: Now have to delete one at a time - windows 10. Checked mouse option as to why mouse goes to one picture and can't highlight a row. Prefer to keep using MS Picture Manager but may try Paint program. Something changed over the last year by automatic updates. I haven't added...
  4. Background selection

Background selection: Neither the picture or color I select for Background is working. My desktop will flash the picture as I move from 1 icon to the next on the task bar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-selection/7ffd7843-0eb0-4999-bac2-023e9f409475
  5. Desktop Background Slideshow pictures selected by tag or label.

Desktop Background Slideshow pictures selected by tag or label.: I have pictures in a folder where they exist in more than one format and aspect ratio. Is there a way to choose a folder "Vacation 2018" and have the slideshow change my desktop background using only 1920x1080? Or by tag? Or by multiple tags? I have a tag for my family...
  6. Can no longer change background

Can no longer change background: A friend of mine contacted me the other day and said that he suspected a recent update changed his wallpaper and that he no longer had the ability to change the wallpaper. He is using Window 10 Home edition. He sent me a screenshot of his background settings. [img] Any...
  7. Can no longer change background

in Windows 10 Support
    Can no longer change background: A friend of mine contacted me the other day and said that he suspected a recent update changed his wallpaper and that he no longer had the ability to change the wallpaper. He is using Window 10 Home edition. He sent me a screenshot of his background settings. [img] Any...
  8. Select theme pictures-Desktop Background

Select theme pictures-Desktop Background: I can't find the lower panel in the Personalization view. The one where I can select or deselect pictures in a saved theme. I see it on my work desktop running Pro but not on a Home machine. Please don't tell me that's the reason, Home vs Pro? For something simple like...
  9. Windows background picture selection thinks some folders are empty

Windows background picture selection thinks some folders are empty: After i finally figured out how to change the desktop background (which is curiously located in a completely different menu outside of the control panel!) and tried to choose a local folder with pictures in it, Windows somehow thinks the folder is empty. Now, when I go to...
  10. Background Picture

Background Picture: Hi there. When I go into Settings and set the Background picture/slideshow, I always see letters on the sample screen, like 'Aa' and 'Sample Text'. What can you do with that? I don't find any explanations anywhere. Thank you. 8133