Windows 10: Can no longer send and receive messages on Mail after upgrade to Windows 1809

Discus and support Can no longer send and receive messages on Mail after upgrade to Windows 1809 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I upgraded to Windows 10 Version 1809 but now I find that, although I am connected to the internet, no longer outgoing messages go out or new mail is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by graham2014, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Can no longer send and receive messages on Mail after upgrade to Windows 1809

I upgraded to Windows 10 Version 1809 but now I find that, although I am connected to the internet, no longer outgoing messages go out or new mail is received on the built-in Mail program. (I have several outlook.com accounts and previously there was no problem).

When I click on the Sync to View Button, nothing happens; in fact the button remains blurred.

What could be the problem? How do I rectify it?

:)

graham2014, Dec 12, 2018
  2. MaudeAH Win User

Mail. = will no longer send mail.

I have been using mail, window 10 and it know longer send mail.

Moved from:

MaudeAH, Dec 12, 2018
  3. Attention required message under email account, cannot send and receive mail from a linked account

Hi Sharon,

You might not been able to send or receive an email due to a misconfigured account settings. For us to isolate the issue, we would like to ask the following questions below:

• Which application or program are you using to access your email?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are using the Windows 10 Mail app, we suggest that you remove your email account and re-add it.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Dec 12, 2018
  4. ¡Firedog Win User

Can no longer send and receive messages on Mail after upgrade to Windows 1809

Windows Mail will not send but will receive emails

Check your settings: right-click on the account name in the folder pane and select
    Properties.

• On the Servers tab

• Ensure that the Email username is your full email address
      • Ensure that Log on using clear text authentication is selected

• Ensure that My server requires authentication is selected
    • Click Apply and
      OK

Remove any unsent messages from the outbox (below the account folders in the folder pane), then compose a new test message with a unique subject and send it to yourself. Post any new error message in your reply.

[Note that Windows Live Mail is not the same as Windows Mail. The error message suggests that you're still on Vista using its inbuilt mail program. Your question has been moved to the right forum assuming that that is the case.]

¡Firedog, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

Can no longer send and receive messages on Mail after upgrade to Windows 1809

1. Can no longer send and receive messages on Mail after upgrade to Windows 1809 - Similar Threads - longer send receive

2. live mail can receive but not send

in Windows 10 Gaming
    live mail can receive but not send: live mail can receive but not send https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-mail-can-receive-but-not-send/80d4cdaf-a41b-4870-83ed-a42b525f2d02
  3. live mail can receive but not send

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    live mail can receive but not send: live mail can receive but not send https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-mail-can-receive-but-not-send/80d4cdaf-a41b-4870-83ed-a42b525f2d02
  4. live mail can receive but not send

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows Live Mail will no longer send or receive emails

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail will no longer send or receive emails: Since the last automatic update of my Windows 10, my Windows Live Mail no longer works. I get this error message: Unable to send or receive messages for the Comcast account. An unknown error has occurred. Server: 'mail.comcast.net' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800C013E...
  6. mail/outlook mail: I can send BUT can NOT receive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mail/outlook mail: I can send BUT can NOT receive: mail/outlook mail: I can send BUT can NOT receive. What is the remedy? thanks jp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mailoutlook-mail/8fd6a777-8d82-4ca3-9c0a-cb090ddac574
  7. Windows Live Mail - Can receive but not send emails

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Live Mail - Can receive but not send emails: I have a Dell computer and my operating system is Windows 10 Pro and I am using Windows Live Mail, Version 2011 (Build 15.4.3555.0308). I have satellite internet through Hughes (Gen 5). The account on which I am having the issue is a Windstream email account. I can send...
  8. Can send but not receive mail in WindowsLive Mail 2012

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can send but not receive mail in WindowsLive Mail 2012: I receive and send emails using Windows Live Mail 2012. Those emails are first received at aol.com, then forwarded to my Windows Live Mail 2012 program. As of yesterday, I've been able to send outgoing emails, but no longer receive incoming emails. When I visit my account at...
  9. Outlook problem(email): will no longer receive or send mail!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook problem(email): will no longer receive or send mail!: Outlook (with Office 365) no longer receives mail. Mail "sent" is stuck in Outbox. I have searched all repair suggestions, even allowed M/S technician "Michael" to search my computer for a solution.; "cleaned disk" &c...
  10. Cannot send or receive messages with Windows Live mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot send or receive messages with Windows Live mail: I am using Window Live Mail 2011 with 2 different email account. For one of the accounts, I can no longer send or receive emails. I get the following reject message... Unable to send or receive messages for the Gmail (rrancourt123) account. Header download for the 'Inbox'...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 1809 update windows mail will recieve mail but will not send why