Windows 10: Can no longer send text message from Cortana in Windows 10 PC. But will notify me of miss...

Discus and support Can no longer send text message from Cortana in Windows 10 PC. But will notify me of miss... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I think its time to give up on Microsoft. Been a loyal customer for decades, but sick of being abandoned. I still use my Lumia 950 and yes its old,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by gregcutts, Feb 2, 2019.

1. gregcutts Win User

Can no longer send text message from Cortana in Windows 10 PC. But will notify me of miss...

I think its time to give up on Microsoft. Been a loyal customer for decades, but sick of being abandoned.

I still use my Lumia 950 and yes its old, but I like the security of Windows and I know its a dying OS. But why can I no longer send text via Cortana from my Laptop like before?

The weirdest part is, I still get notifications and just now I got a miss call and it comes up and it allows me to reply by text. I got a message on my Lumia 950 saying Cortana had sent it, but I can't just say "hey cortana, send a text to....." like before on my laptop. She says she cant send text messages from here....?

Anyone?

:)

gregcutts, Feb 2, 2019
  2. nuspieds Win User

Cortana Not Sending Text Messages

Hi,

I have the FCU installed and I have an iPhone with the latest iOS.

I've gone through tutorials here and elsewhere and even though my iPhone was successfully setup, when I try to send a text message, all I get is that "I'll send that using your phone. It may take a minute depending on connectivity." message.

All the tutorials I found and followed are all pre-FCU but are obviously close enough for me to perform, but I'm thinking there must still be some setting or the other I am missing? The Cortana app on my iPhone is newly-installed so it's not a question of it needing an update.

Does anyone have this working with iOS?

Thanks very much.

nuspieds, Feb 2, 2019
  3. StanYau Win User
    Messaging App not sending texts?

Wait...

So, just to be clear?

• Windows 10 phones sync both Skype and SMS messages in Messaging app.
    • Windows 10 phones can send and receive Skype and SMS messages in Messaging.
    • Windows 10 PC syncs only Skype messages in Messaging.
    • Windows 10 PCs can send Skype messages in Messaging, but can only send SMS via Cortana?

Is that right, or have I missed something? That makes Messaging on PC kinda pointless, as, well, why wouldn't you just keep using the Skype desktop application? Can no longer send text message from Cortana in Windows 10 PC. But will notify me of miss... :p

StanYau, Feb 2, 2019
  4. Mistic67 Win User

Can no longer send text message from Cortana in Windows 10 PC. But will notify me of miss...

Messaging App not sending texts?

My Cortana texting capability broke after Windows 10 Anniversary update was installed on my PC. She will respond and will say "sending through your phone", but nothing happens. This used to work through Cortana.

Now, in the off chance my PC notifies me of a message (which is very spotty), I am able to respond to the text and it works through the phone.

It would be nice to see this fixed.

Mistic67, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Can no longer send text message from Cortana in Windows 10 PC. But will notify me of miss... - Similar Threads - longer send text

2. Phone Link is not notifying me of new text messages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link is not notifying me of new text messages: Why might Phone Link 1.23032.196.0 c2023 have stopped notifying me of new Android Messages i.e., SMS texts sent to my Moto-E phone running Android 10. ? I've turned all the related Android Messages features and notification settings off and on, cleared Messages' cache, and...
  3. Phone Link is not notifying me of new text messages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone Link is not notifying me of new text messages: Why might Phone Link 1.23032.196.0 c2023 have stopped notifying me of new Android Messages i.e., SMS texts sent to my Moto-E phone running Android 10. ? I've turned all the related Android Messages features and notification settings off and on, cleared Messages' cache, and...
  4. Sending text from pc

in Windows 10 Support
    Sending text from pc: Does anyone know how to send a text free from pc to mobile please. I use w10 152512
  5. Cortana Missing from PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana Missing from PC: Hello! I was looking to set up Cortana and use voice commands on my PC, but I can't find it anywhere. It's not hidden in the taskbar or anything like that. When I look under all apps, it's not even under there. In the Cs I have Calculator and Connect, but no Cortana. I ran a...
  6. How to send text messages from Windows 10 with Android Phone

in Windows 10 News
    How to send text messages from Windows 10 with Android Phone: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 and Android has come a long way. Microsoft offers the Phone app which allows one to connect the phone, and then access data. However, it needs Microsoft Launcher or Cortana to make it work. It brings notifications, messaging [...] This post How to...
  7. sms from windows 10 message can not send from this device

in Cortana
    sms from windows 10 message can not send from this device: windows 10 1803 build 17134.472 Cortana gives me an error when I try to SMS I'm sorry, I can't send messages here. Try the Cortana app on your phone. Any clue , ideas? thanks charles...
  8. Cortana Not Sending Text Messages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana Not Sending Text Messages: Hi, I have the FCU installed and I have an iPhone with the latest iOS. I've gone through tutorials here and elsewhere and even though my iPhone was successfully setup, when I try to send a text message, all I get is that "I'll send that using your phone. It may take a...
  9. Send SMS Text Messages from Skype app on Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Send SMS Text Messages from Skype app on Windows 10 PC: How to: Send SMS Text Messages from Skype app on Windows 10 PC How to Send SMS Text Messages from Skype app on Windows 10 PC [img] Information Starting with Windows 10 Insider build 14926, you can now send and receive SMS text messages from the updated Skype Preview...
  10. Messaging app - Send SMS Text Message on Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Messaging app - Send SMS Text Message on Windows 10 PC: How to: Messaging app - Send SMS Text Message on Windows 10 PC How to Send SMS Text Message from Messaging app on Windows 10 PC [img] Information Starting with Windows 10 Insider Preview build 10565, Skype messaging, calling and video capabilities come integrated into...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cortana text kenny

2. 2019 fix pc cortana send a text

3. im sorry i cant send messages here

4. can no longer get desktop notifications from cortana,
  5. text with cortana pc,
  6. Cortana no longer able to send texts,
  7. sending text message from windows 10 cortana no longer works,
  8. text messaging on windows 10 2019,
  9. cortana no longer sends sms