Windows 10: Can no longer sync OneDrive to its location and strange Windows explor

Discus and support Can no longer sync OneDrive to its location and strange Windows explor in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a separate U drive where I keep all my data files including 3 SharePoint libraries. Recently I found these all signed out, but could not sign... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by masplin, Nov 24, 2019.

1. masplin Win User

Can no longer sync OneDrive to its location and strange Windows explor

I have a separate U drive where I keep all my data files including 3 SharePoint libraries. Recently I found these all signed out, but could not sign back in. I tried to resync form the web, but errored saying that onedrive could not be located in the U drive folder where the existing files were located. I can sync to another drive (R) as well as to my c drive. I have checked and have full permissions on the U drive. I've uninstalled onedrive and reinstalled the latest version.

Oddly in windows explorer i see 2 links to the U drive which isn't usually the case. Looks as below

Can no longer sync OneDrive to its location and strange Windows explor [​IMG]

Any clues what to try next appreciated. I have this set up on 4 machines so I have consistent paths for my power BI data models. Other 3 machines all fine.

I'm running Win10 pro

Thanks
    Mike

:)

masplin, Nov 24, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Nov 24, 2019
  3. Freezer Win User
    Windows 10 - OneDrive

Anyone know how to remove "OneDrive - For Business" from the Explorer navigation panel? I've tried just about every registry modification, and windows policy for "Onedrive" but they only seem to work for the consumer product, not for onedrive for business.

The onedrive product alone is so damn annoying and continues to load itself upon startup, even when it's explicitly remove from startup. It continues to automatically load and unload itself from within the startup folder... while I'm actively watching it load itself into the startup folder.

Freezer, Nov 24, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

OneDrive Placeholders are coming back, now called On-Demand Sync

Can no longer sync OneDrive to its location and strange Windows explor [​IMG]

"At Ignite 2016, Microsoft has just announced that it is bringing Placeholders back to OneDrive on Windows 10. Now, they are not called Placeholders anymore — Microsoft is renaming the feature to “On-Demand Sync” which makes a lot more sense than “Placeholders”.

The company demoed this feature at Microsoft Ignite today, and it works just like it used to previously. As you can see in the screenshot above, the files stored in OneDrive weighed in around 9GB, but the actual size on disk was only around 3MB which is really neat. Of course, this feature isn’t anything new as it was available back in the Windows 8 days. However, Microsoft removed the feature with Windows 10, and after lots of waiting, they are finally coming back.

In case you are not familiar with OneDrive Placeholders, it’s a pretty neat feature which lets you see all of your OneDrive files on your computer — but they are not actually downloaded on your PC. When you open them, OneDrive will download the files on-demand, saving your local space which is really useful, especially if you have a PC that doesn’t have a lot of storage.

While Microsoft didn’t announce when exactly On-Demand Sync will be available to OneDrive users, we suspect it will be available with Windows 10 Redstone 2 — which is expected to arrive early next year.
    "

OneDrive Placeholders are coming back, now called On-Demand Sync - MSPoweruser

P4-630, Nov 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Can no longer sync OneDrive to its location and strange Windows explor - Similar Threads - longer sync OneDrive

2. How do I find a file that is no longer in its location?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I find a file that is no longer in its location?: I tried to organise my USB drive into folders. I added some files from my laptop over to the drive to organise and when I did, I saw that the folders I just organised are empty.I found some of the missing files in my recents in file explorer but not everything and I can't...
  3. How do I find a file that is no longer in its location?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I find a file that is no longer in its location?: I tried to organise my USB drive into folders. I added some files from my laptop over to the drive to organise and when I did, I saw that the folders I just organised are empty.I found some of the missing files in my recents in file explorer but not everything and I can't...
  4. how to locate sync settings on Win 10 for Onedrive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to locate sync settings on Win 10 for Onedrive?: how to locate sync settings on Win 10 for Onedrive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-locate-sync-settings-on-win-10-for-onedrive/3ebcfc38-05e7-41f7-b962-7bdfa72a4b37
  5. how to locate sync settings on Win 10 for Onedrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to locate sync settings on Win 10 for Onedrive?: how to locate sync settings on Win 10 for Onedrive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-locate-sync-settings-on-win-10-for-onedrive/3ebcfc38-05e7-41f7-b962-7bdfa72a4b37
  6. how to locate sync settings on Win 10 for Onedrive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Cannot remove onedrive location from explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot remove onedrive location from explorer: Hi there. I cannot get onedrive removed from explorer. I tried uninstalling onedrive. Regedit. I have no idea how to get it removed. When i click the drive in explorer it gives me an error ''drive location unavailable''. But i also cannot remove it. It is driving me nuts...
  8. Strange issue with OneDrive sync to other devices

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange issue with OneDrive sync to other devices: I welcome the way in which Stickies and Timeline sync with my Android Tablet but am alarmed at what has happened between One Drive and the tablet. The One Drive files have not displayed as expected but as a list numbered 1, 2, 3 etc with no further information except the size...
  9. Onenote desktop no longer syncing - can database be synced to Dropbox?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Onenote desktop no longer syncing - can database be synced to Dropbox?: For whatever reason, Onenote desktop 2016 is no longer syncing with online service. And online folders have disappeared *cry Do not want to go through "pay for support"... Can Onenote database be switched to Dropbox for syncing instead? 109081
  10. Onenote desktop no longer syncing - can database be synced to Dropbox?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Onenote desktop no longer syncing - can database be synced to Dropbox?: This is a complicated thing... Since I've moved the Onenote 2016 files to "One Drive/Documents/Notebooks" the files have started to show up again online in two sections of the Outlook dept.: OneDrive and OneNote. At least the green icon is indicating a sync in progress....