Windows 10: Can no longer use Edge Legacy as a pdf reader once I installed the 20H2 update

Discus and support Can no longer use Edge Legacy as a pdf reader once I installed the 20H2 update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is there a way to bring it back? Edge Chromium is still an inferior browser for looking at PDFs.. submitted by /u/RoiteTrom36 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RoiteTrom36, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Can no longer use Edge Legacy as a pdf reader once I installed the 20H2 update

Is there a way to bring it back? Edge Chromium is still an inferior browser for looking at PDFs..

submitted by /u/RoiteTrom36
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RoiteTrom36, Oct 21, 2020
  2. Edwin Win User

Want my PDF reader back

The Reader App has been discontinued...

Can no longer use Edge Legacy as a pdf reader once I installed the 20H2 update [​IMG]

... installing it is merely a prompt to switch to Edge for PDF Reader! *Confused

I suggest Adobe Reader Touch, it's quite good...

Can no longer use Edge Legacy as a pdf reader once I installed the 20H2 update [​IMG]

Edwin, Oct 21, 2020
  3. GrantLowe Win User
    PDF reader in Windows 10

Noticed when I opened a pdf file in Windows 10 using the Reader app, there is a highlighted message at the top stating that this app (pdf reader) would no longer be available in Windows 10 starting February 2018 and it suggested to start
    using Microsoft Edge to work with pdf files.

Is this true and why!!??

GrantLowe, Oct 21, 2020
  4. milford Win User

Can no longer use Edge Legacy as a pdf reader once I installed the 20H2 update

Want my PDF reader back

I just got an update Today. As a result, my PDF reader no longer works. *Sleepy Its telling me to use Edge as a reader. I've installed Sumatra Reader, but would like the Microsoft PDF reader back. Any way to get it working again?

milford, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

Can no longer use Edge Legacy as a pdf reader once I installed the 20H2 update

1. Can no longer use Edge Legacy as a pdf reader once I installed the 20H2 update - Similar Threads - longer Edge Legacy

2. Roadmap for PDF reader in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Roadmap for PDF reader in Microsoft Edge: Over the course of last year, we worked hard on building a powerful PDF reader that offers compatibility, reliability, and security for you and your organization. The feedback we received from you from the Edge Insider builds has been really encouraging, and here are some...
  3. Restore Edge Legacy on 20H2?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restore Edge Legacy on 20H2?: Doe anyone have a workaround to run Edge legacy on 20H2? I use Chromium Edge for my browsing, but for marking up PDFs Edge legacy is far superior. If they could separate the PDF reader out of old Edge and retain it as a separate app it would be perfect, that's all I want it...
  4. Microsoft Edge PDF reader alternative

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge PDF reader alternative: Hello, I have this issue I am having trouble with. I have a Microsoft surface. My surface got updated this morning. Before then, I could read all the pdf-s in Microsoft Edge application by moving the pages with my finger and then annotating/taking notes with my electronic...
  5. Default PDF reader keeps switching to Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default PDF reader keeps switching to Edge: I have a computer in my organization that keeps switching the default PDF reader to Edge. We have wiped the profile and rebuilt it, replaced the laptop with a new fresh image to no avail. The users default PDF reader keeps switching from Adobe DC Pro to Edge. We do not...
  6. PDF Reader

PDF Reader: Ok so my English textbooks are pdfs. usually I would use Adobe Acrobat Reader, but one of the textbooks is 500+ pages long, and its sooo slow! ive tried edge, chrome, etc, but none of them work because its simply too big! Should I print it?...
  7. PDF Reader

PDF Reader: Looking for a simple pdf reader nothing complicated. I just want it for reading pdf. windows 10 home. simple question I hope. Thank You. David. 124877
  8. How do I disable the useless Edge PDF Reader???

in Browsers and Email
    How do I disable the useless Edge PDF Reader???: How do I disable the Edge PDF Reader? - the one the opens a PDF file in a window that gives the user no option to enlarge or reduce or print or open with the Adobe reader, thus rendering it useless. All you get is a Save As option. I would like instead for it in invoke Adobe...
  9. Acrobat Reader, Microsoft Edge and default PDF-reader.

Acrobat Reader, Microsoft Edge and default PDF-reader.: Hi, I've been looking for a solution for my problem for months now. Since I have Windows 10 on my computer, the default pdf-reader is constantly changed back to Microsoft Edge, despite all my attempts to make Acrobat Reader DC my default one. I have made the change of...
  10. How to use Adobe Reader to open PDF's instead of Edge

How to use Adobe Reader to open PDF's instead of Edge: I open a lot of manuals and Edge is so basic. It shows nothing from introduction to index just the manual. I used to be able to go to the index and find the specific part of the manual I need. Has Microsoft blocked this. REO 16350