Windows 10: Can no longer view videos on my computer

Discus and support Can no longer view videos on my computer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Can no longer view videos om my computer with windows 10 home * Moved from Vista... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PaulHooper2, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Can no longer view videos on my computer

Can no longer view videos om my computer with windows 10 home

* Moved from Vista

:)

PaulHooper2, Nov 19, 2018

2. Unable to view or download videos from websites

Hi Nelson,

Thank you for posting your question in Microsoft Community. We are glad to assist you.

To help you suggest steps to resolve the issue, I would appreciate if you could answer the following questions:

• Did you make any specific hardware or software changes prior to this issue?
    • Is the issue specific to a particular website?
    Internet Explorer 11 comes with the latest version of flash player pre-installed. So, the issue may rest with the particular page having compatibility issues with the Internet Explorer or there may be an issue with the flash
    player configuration settings in Internet Explorer. Hence, I would suggest you to try the following diagnostic steps to get started in the correct direction and check if the issue persists:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to try opening the page in the compatibility view and check if you are able to view the video.

Fix site display problems with Compatibility View

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/internet-explorer/use-compatibility-view#ie=ie-11If Method 1 does not resolve the issue, proceed to Method 2.

Method 2:

Try the additional steps provided in the following link.

Why won't videos play in Internet Explorer?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-au/internet-explorer/videos-dont-work#ie=ie-11

Note: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer
    Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Resetting Internet Explorer isn't reversible, and all previous settings are lost after reset.

Method 3:

As slightly mentioned in the Method 2, make sure that the necessary add-ons are enabled in Internet Explorer. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Tap or click the Tools button
    • In the Currently loaded add-ons list, click Run without Permissions.
    • Look for the following add-ons in the list that's displayed. If any of these add-ons are listed, make sure the Status for each is listed as Enabled.
    • Shockwave Active X Control
    • Shockwave Flash Object
    • Java Plug-in (may be multiple add-ons)
    • QuickTime Plug-in (may be multiple add-ons)
    • Windows Media Player
    Having done the above steps, check if the websites are functioning properly.

Hope this information is helpful. If the issue still persists, please post back for further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Anupkarkal1709, Nov 19, 2018
  3. MP4 Personal Video files lag after August 2016 update (windows 10)

Hi Nicki,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Video playback troubleshooter and check

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Video playback options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to copy the files from your computer to another working computer and check if you are able to access them.

This will let us know if the issue is with specific files types on your computer.

Hope it helps. Update of the status of accessing MP4 Personal Video files for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 19, 2018
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Can no longer view videos on my computer

Can't view videos on Windows 10 that worked on Windows 7

Hi,

If your computer is having problems playing videos using Windows Media Player, we suggest running the troubleshooter on control panel that can help check and solve issues that you encounter with it. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start menu.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Type in "Troubleshooting" on the Search Control Panel, then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all under the Control Panel Home.
    • Click Windows Media Player Settings and follow the instruction needed.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Nov 19, 2018
Thema:

Can no longer view videos on my computer

1. Can no longer view videos on my computer - Similar Threads - longer view videos

2. My Windows7 Computer Can no longer Connect to the Internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows7 Computer Can no longer Connect to the Internet: Hello:My windows7 computer can no longer connect to the internet.This problem started after I upgraded the computer to windows10, and later downgraded it back to windows7.I downgraded back to windows7, because the system requirements for windows7 is not available on the...
  3. My Windows7 Computer Can no longer connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows7 Computer Can no longer connect to the internet: Hello:My windows7 computer can no longer connect to the internet. This problem started after I upgraded and later down graded the computer from windows10 back to windows7. I downgraded from windows10 back to 7, because the system requirements for windows 10 are not available...
  4. My Windows7 Computer Can no longer connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Windows7 Computer Can no longer connect to the internet: Hello:My windows7 computer can no longer connect to the internet. This problem started after I upgraded and later down graded the computer from windows10 back to windows7. I downgraded from windows10 back to 7, because the system requirements for windows 10 are not available...
  5. no longer can view the VB code.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    no longer can view the VB code.: Windows 10 Excel 2016 no longer can view the Visual Basic code. I cannot get past this screen; when I choose View and then code nothing happens. [img] 136731
  6. no longer can view the VB code.

in Windows 10 Support
    no longer can view the VB code.: Windows 10 Excel 2016 no longer can view the Visual Basic code. I cannot get past this screen; when I choose View and then code nothing happens. [img] 136731
  7. Viewing my Videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Viewing my Videos: Two things I'm concerned with. One: I cannot input in the comment bar in my GAMES, Two: At my PBS website I could not view the videos as usual. background: I was using myKindleHD for almost 3years then I got this HP Laptop repaired and started to use it recently with no...
  8. Video viewing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Video viewing: When I view a video the picture zooms in to a part of the screen and therefore I cannot see the entire picture. How do I correct? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-viewing/966a66de-6b62-45f7-b04a-f615001fd1fa
  9. viewing local video files in chrome no longer works?

in Browsers and Email
    viewing local video files in chrome no longer works?: So I'm trying out the chromecast device to hopefully eliminate having to move my laptop across the room and connect it via hdmi every night to watch movies on my tv screen. In windows 7 I could just drag the file into a new chrome page and it would open the file which could...
  10. Can No Longer View Two windows at once

in Windows 10 Support
    Can No Longer View Two windows at once: Until recently, if I wanted to minimize a window or resize it, I only needed to click the tiny square in the upper right corner. I could have two windows open on my desktop at the same time (viewing both and transferring information from one to the other.) I can no longer do...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why does my computer no longer play videos on my windows 10 HP envy