Windows 10: Can Non Genuine copies of Windows damage your Hard Drive?

Discus and support Can Non Genuine copies of Windows damage your Hard Drive? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So, Back in 2019 when I got my PC, It had a Non genuine copy of Windows 10 installed which gave me Activation issues in 2020, I resolved this by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Anthony C_550, Aug 6, 2022.

1. Can Non Genuine copies of Windows damage your Hard Drive?

So, Back in 2019 when I got my PC, It had a Non genuine copy of Windows 10 installed which gave me Activation issues in 2020, I resolved this by Downloading a Genuine copy from Microsofts Website, However Now that It's a Genuine Copy. I feel damage has done something because my Hard Drive Storage would always say that I have TBs or PBs of Storage used, when I don't have that much Storage or that many things on my PC.I have a feeling that before I installed a Genuine Copy of Windows that the Non Genuine Copy did something to my Hard Drive. But I'm not sure.Anyone know?

:)

Anthony C_550, Aug 6, 2022
  2. warup89 Win User

Windows 7 not genuine problem

It seems like that's an OEM windows copy, it will do that the every time you reinstall the OS. If you have the key, next time you see the "not genuine windows copy" click it and choose to activate by phone, everything else is pretty straight forward as it explains step-by-step. If it doesn't work, then its highly likely that you got a Pirate copy.

warup89, Aug 6, 2022
  3. dhdude Win User
    Replacing old hard drive, need way to copy Windows installation across

Hey Guys,
    What would be the best way of copying/imaging the entire contents of an old system drive over to a replacement hard disk for the same machine? I need to copy the Windows installations and all other data to the new drive, and then format the old drive to use as a backup.

Any suggestions? *Smile Can Non Genuine copies of Windows damage your Hard Drive? :)

dhdude, Aug 6, 2022
  4. Can Non Genuine copies of Windows damage your Hard Drive?

Copying data of an encrypted damaged external drive to another output drive through command line.

Kindly demonstrate step by step, as how? a bitlocker encrypted, (damaged with too many bad sector) 3TB external Hard drive, can be backed up or copied fully through command line to output 4TB external hard drive.

Kindly demonstrate step by step, with commands highlighted separately.

I am using Windows 10, Dell latitude with 8GBRAM.

mirza.sharafata, Aug 6, 2022
Thema:

Can Non Genuine copies of Windows damage your Hard Drive?

1. Can Non Genuine copies of Windows damage your Hard Drive? - Similar Threads - Non Genuine copies

2. Can Non Genuine copies of Windows damage your Hard Drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can Non Genuine copies of Windows damage your Hard Drive?: So, Back in 2019 when I got my PC, It had a Non genuine copy of Windows 10 installed which gave me Activation issues in 2020, I resolved this by Downloading a Genuine copy from Microsofts Website, However Now that It's a Genuine Copy. I feel damage has done something because...
  3. Can Non Genuine copies of Windows damage your Hard Drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can Non Genuine copies of Windows damage your Hard Drive?: So, Back in 2019 when I got my PC, It had a Non genuine copy of Windows 10 installed which gave me Activation issues in 2020, I resolved this by Downloading a Genuine copy from Microsofts Website, However Now that It's a Genuine Copy. I feel damage has done something because...
  4. Non-Genuine Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Non-Genuine Windows: I had windows 10 pro but my computer was messing up so I factory reset, somehow I have a non genuine copy of windows 10 enterprise after resetting when before I had pro?...
  5. Non-Genuine Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Non-Genuine Windows: I had windows 10 pro but my computer was messing up so I factory reset, somehow I have a non genuine copy of windows 10 enterprise after resetting when before I had pro?...
  6. Non-Genuine Windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. Hard drive damaged

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard drive damaged: I'm not able to partition my disk inspite of repeated trials. Is it possible my HDD is damaged? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-damaged/489371b3-6aec-4830-9211-a9b21bf4c79c
  8. Non-genuine to genuine Windows 10 still says non-genuine copy

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Non-genuine to genuine Windows 10 still says non-genuine copy: I bought a non-genuine copy of Windows 10 but then had problems with it so I bought a genuine version but I can't change the product key from the non-genuine to the newly bought genuine copy. I tried uninstalling the non-genuine product key by "slmgr -upk" in command prompt...
  9. Is my hard drive damaged?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is my hard drive damaged?: [ATTACH] So I have several related questions on my profile and if you don't have an answer to this question the other questions will certainly help you to understand. So it is best to have a look. Now to the question should my hard disk really be damaged what else can I...
  10. How to know if your windows copy is genuine ??

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to know if your windows copy is genuine ??: I am having problems with my device. My windows is deactivated and whenever I try to activate it fails and show the error code 0x8007007B. I don't know what to do. I am having doubts that my windows copy might not be genuine. Is there any way to know if the windows is genuine...