Windows 10: Can non-genuine Windows 7 be upgraded with paid Windows 10 Education

Discus and support Can non-genuine Windows 7 be upgraded with paid Windows 10 Education in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I am a student and I'm currently using a non-genuine Windows 7 and I would like to know if I qualify for the paid Windows 10 Educational... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PuddingPDM, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Can non-genuine Windows 7 be upgraded with paid Windows 10 Education

Hello, I am a student and I'm currently using a non-genuine Windows 7 and I would like to know if I qualify for the paid Windows 10 Educational upgrade. I am mainly concerned that since my Windows is not genuine I could not upgrade with that purchase. Thanks in advance.

:)

PuddingPDM, Oct 3, 2018
  2. warup89 Win User

Windows 7 not genuine problem

It seems like that's an OEM windows copy, it will do that the every time you reinstall the OS. If you have the key, next time you see the "not genuine windows copy" click it and choose to activate by phone, everything else is pretty straight forward as it explains step-by-step. If it doesn't work, then its highly likely that you got a Pirate copy.

warup89, Oct 3, 2018
  3. P4-630 Win User
    P4-630, Oct 3, 2018
  4. Nordic Win User

Can non-genuine Windows 7 be upgraded with paid Windows 10 Education

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 3, 2018
Thema:

Can non-genuine Windows 7 be upgraded with paid Windows 10 Education

1. Can non-genuine Windows 7 be upgraded with paid Windows 10 Education - Similar Threads - non genuine upgraded

2. Can I upgrade Windows 10 home to Windows 10 pro in non-genuine product?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I upgrade Windows 10 home to Windows 10 pro in non-genuine product?: Hello, I bought free-dos laptop and finally I installed Windows 10 home version.not genuine licenseNow I am going to certify through Windows 10 Pro product key but I already installed Windows 10 home, and I only have Windows 10 Pro product key. As I know, it is unable to...
  3. Paid for upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Paid for upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10: After the free upgrade period had expired I bought and paid in full for a Windows update from Windows 7 to Windows 10. It does not and cannot include the excellent Microsoft Picture Manager program. Microsoft says that the Photos app is its replacement. Is this app a free...
  4. Paid for upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Paid for upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10: After the free upgrade period had expired I bought and paid in full for a Windows update from Windows 7 to Windows 10. It does not and cannot include the excellent Microsoft Picture Manager program. Microsoft says that the Photos app is its replacement. Is this app a free...
  5. Paid for upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10

6. Non-Genuine Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Non-Genuine Windows: I had windows 10 pro but my computer was messing up so I factory reset, somehow I have a non genuine copy of windows 10 enterprise after resetting when before I had pro?...
  7. Non-Genuine Windows

Non-Genuine Windows: I had windows 10 pro but my computer was messing up so I factory reset, somehow I have a non genuine copy of windows 10 enterprise after resetting when before I had pro?...
  8. Non-Genuine Windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  9. Non-genuine to genuine Windows 10 still says non-genuine copy

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Non-genuine to genuine Windows 10 still says non-genuine copy: I bought a non-genuine copy of Windows 10 but then had problems with it so I bought a genuine version but I can't change the product key from the non-genuine to the newly bought genuine copy. I tried uninstalling the non-genuine product key by "slmgr -upk" in command prompt...
  10. Upgrading from non-genuine windows to genuine windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading from non-genuine windows to genuine windows: so I have non-genuine windows if I upgrade to genuine windows will I keep all my old files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-from-non-genuine-windows-to-genuine/c39c0ba5-d93b-44cc-898e-63e683dcb99c