Windows 10: Can not access automatic repair/safe mode/advanced boot options on Windows 10

Discus and support Can not access automatic repair/safe mode/advanced boot options on Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My Acer PC has stopped working today, with error ‘default boot device missing or boot failed’ showing. I have attempted to activate automatic repair,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FelicityAC, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Can not access automatic repair/safe mode/advanced boot options on Windows 10

My Acer PC has stopped working today, with error ‘default boot device missing or boot failed’ showing.

I have attempted to activate automatic repair, access safe mode, and access advanced boot options, but the commands that Google tells me (alt+F10 for auto repair, F8 for safe mode etc) aren’t working.

There is no loading wheel, it goes from manufacturer logo (Acer) straight to error, no attempt to load Windows happens at all, so I can’t get to the next stage in recovery.

Nothing that I have read tells me what to do if the F keys don’t produce a result, and I’m at my wits end.

Would appreciate any guidance.

:)

FelicityAC, Jul 15, 2019

2. Windows 10 BSOD with mouse; no option to boot to SAFE MODE in Advanced Options

I clicked the link to read the suggestions for getting into Safe Mode. I can do none of those. I have no installation media and I cannot log into Windows to perform the other two suggestions.

When I go into recovery mode, there is NO Startup Settings listed in Advanced Options. INstead, it is an option to get into the bios (which I have done, I did change the screen (??) settings to boot only to the LCD, not automatic or external. I did not
    change the boot order as I have no boot disk or usb for Windows 10). (I read in another post that sometimes a dual video boot occurs and confuses the computer, however, changing this from automatic did not solve the problem)

Neither can I get into msconfig from the command prompt. I can get into Regedit, but can't find the video drivers to rollback, no . (assuming it IS the video drivers that are causing this problem.)

This is very frustrating. I will try to upgrade by buring the ISO file through another computer and reinstalling on the affected computer.

mysticgraystar, Jul 15, 2019
  3. Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
    SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
    4790k stock
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with old standard bios:
    On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

litwicki24, Jul 15, 2019
  4. Can not access automatic repair/safe mode/advanced boot options on Windows 10

Windows 10 BSOD with mouse; no option to boot to SAFE MODE in Advanced Options

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

Also adding to ZigZag3143 (Windows IT Pro MS –MVP) point, you can also check other options from the link below to enter into the Safe Mode.

Safe mode is a diagnostic mode that starts your computer with limited drivers necessary to run Windows. The words
    Safe Mode appear at the corners of your monitor to identify which Windows mode you are using.

Expand the options to boot into Safe Mode:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

To exit from Safe mode follow the steps below:

• Open Run command by pressing Windows key + R
      on the keyboard and type msconfig in the command box.
    • Under Boot tab uncheck the Safe boot
      option.
    • Reboot the system and check if the changes are effective.

If the issue persist, I suggest you to upgrade Windows 10 by downloading the
    ISO file from the
    Media Creation Tool
    and check if you are able to get the lost
    Windows Recovery Environment options on your PC.

Write back to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jul 15, 2019
Thema:

Can not access automatic repair/safe mode/advanced boot options on Windows 10

1. Can not access automatic repair/safe mode/advanced boot options on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - access automatic repair

2. Can get in safe mode or automatic repair.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can get in safe mode or automatic repair.: Hi So my problem is that I have this blue screen and I tried to fix it by going to the safe mode but I don't know why it's not letting me get in. The automatic repair will not appear and I've tried with pressing the power button 3 times but the automatic repair never appears....
  3. Can get in safe mode or automatic repair.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can get in safe mode or automatic repair.: Hi So my problem is that I have this blue screen and I tried to fix it by going to the safe mode but I don't know why it's not letting me get in. The automatic repair will not appear and I've tried with pressing the power button 3 times but the automatic repair never appears....
  4. Can get in safe mode or automatic repair.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 10 safe mode works but normal mode boot loop automatic repair

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 safe mode works but normal mode boot loop automatic repair: I'm sure you are busy so I'll try to make it as short as possible. Thanks in advance for reading. Windows system: Virtualbox VM, migrated into KVM. This vm boots just fine in virtualbox. Issue: Preparing automatic repair boot loop during boot in kvm. Attempted remedies: 1....
  6. Stuck in Automatic Repair Loop and cant access Advanced Startup Options

Stuck in Automatic Repair Loop and cant access Advanced Startup Options: I am using a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming laptop and havent been able to get my pc to start up. When I start the pc it shows the Dell logo and then shows 'Preparing Automatic Repair' then the pc will restart and continues to do this. I tried accessing Advancd Startup...
  7. Windows 10 not booting and not entering safe mode through automatic repair.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 not booting and not entering safe mode through automatic repair.: I have been facing this issue since past 3 days. Yesterday somehow after resetting my Bios to default I could login in but the screen was freezing. I faced this issue of disk space. (See attached image). [IMG] After sometime it froze. I had to force shutdown using power...
  8. Automatic Repair screen on Windows 10 - Advanced options not clickable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automatic Repair screen on Windows 10 - Advanced options not clickable: I went through several times by power off and on to reach Screen, “Automatic Repair” where there are two buttons, “Shut down” and “Advanced options”. Because mouse and keyboard does not work on this screen, I cannot reach Advanced options screen. Only choice is to power off....
  9. I can't boot into safe mode or advanced options because of bsod

I can't boot into safe mode or advanced options because of bsod: Every time I try to boot into safe mode or advanced options I get the same BSOD ERROR: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED.. Is there any other way for me to accomplish this? 43141
  10. No advanced Startup Options (Safe Mode)

in Windows 10 Support
    No advanced Startup Options (Safe Mode): Hello everyone. This is my first post here. I could really use some help. I am in the process of reinstalling my system. I am running a newly installed 10x64 pro. Part of that requires I install Dragon Naturally Speaking. However, I cannot do that; I get a 1303 error during...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. accessing advanced startup options dell inspion m731r