Windows 10: Can not Access BIOS

Discus and support Can not Access BIOS in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently tried use BIOS to do some tinkering, but whenever I try to access it, It shows an Administrator password required screen. I went "Oh, okay",... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Atomicfused, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Can not Access BIOS

I recently tried use BIOS to do some tinkering, but whenever I try to access it, It shows an Administrator password required screen. I went "Oh, okay", and typed in the Admin password for my Admin account, didn't work. I tried past passwords, but it still wouldn't budge. None of the solutions I found on the net worked for me. I think it has some relation to the Defender account WDAGUtilityAccount named wgautilacc. I feel it may somehow have set the password to something else. I'm not sure. Any ideas as to why this may be happening?

Ways I tried to access BIOS:

UEFI Firmware option is not available for me.

I tried to access it during startup and it showed up, but.....

Info that might be needed:

- I'm using a hp Elitebook 850 with Windows 10 Home

- BIOS Mode is Legacy

- BIOS Version/Date is Hewlett-Packard L71 Ver. 01.20, 7/28/2014

- SMBIOS version 2.72

If any other information is needed, please tell me!

:)

Atomicfused, Jun 24, 2020

2. access BIOS settings in Win 10

I have an 8-year old computer running Win 10. I need to access the BIOS settings. It used to be the holding down the F2 key during startup would bring up the BIOS screen in Windows computers. But this no longer works. A web article listed a complicated
    series of steps leading to a reboot . . . but still no access to BIOS. Any suggestions?

R BruceBeckner, Jun 24, 2020
  3. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Jun 24, 2020
  4. Can not Access BIOS

Powercolor RX480 BIOS required

Find the unverified bios option.

eidairaman1, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

Can not Access BIOS

1. Can not Access BIOS - Similar Threads - Access BIOS

2. How to factory reset a Windows service laptop if it has a bios lock and you can't access...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to factory reset a Windows service laptop if it has a bios lock and you can't access...: I bought a laptop that has has a bios lock and I can't access the security tab to disable it for a windows service laptop. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-factory-reset-a-windows-service-laptop-if/1fff713a-c794-4833-bfbd-12e5ce35cf4e
  3. How to factory reset a Windows service laptop if it has a bios lock and you can't access...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to factory reset a Windows service laptop if it has a bios lock and you can't access...: I bought a laptop that has has a bios lock and I can't access the security tab to disable it for a windows service laptop. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-factory-reset-a-windows-service-laptop-if/1fff713a-c794-4833-bfbd-12e5ce35cf4e
  4. Windows boots exclusively and prevents BIOS access after enabling CPU virtualization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows boots exclusively and prevents BIOS access after enabling CPU virtualization: Hi,This is going to be a long post, so, apologies ahead of time.I wanted to use Ubuntu via WSL on my Windows 11 installation. Upon attempting to run it, I got the following error:Error: 0x80370102 The virtual machine could not be started because a required feature is not...
  5. Windows boots exclusively and prevents BIOS access after enabling CPU virtualization

Windows boots exclusively and prevents BIOS access after enabling CPU virtualization: Hi,This is going to be a long post, so, apologies ahead of time.I wanted to use Ubuntu via WSL on my Windows 11 installation. Upon attempting to run it, I got the following error:Error: 0x80370102 The virtual machine could not be started because a required feature is not...
  6. Can't Access BIOS or Boot Menu After Dual-Booting Ubuntu

Can't Access BIOS or Boot Menu After Dual-Booting Ubuntu: Hey everyone,Uh oh, my dual-boot adventure didn't go quite as planned! I tried installing Ubuntu alongside Windows 10 on my laptop, but now I'm facing a triple whammy of problems: my BIOS isn't responding, the boot menu is nowhere to be found, and it looks like my Windows...
  7. Can't Access BIOS or Boot Menu After Dual-Booting Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Access BIOS or Boot Menu After Dual-Booting Ubuntu: Hey everyone,Uh oh, my dual-boot adventure didn't go quite as planned! I tried installing Ubuntu alongside Windows 10 on my laptop, but now I'm facing a triple whammy of problems: my BIOS isn't responding, the boot menu is nowhere to be found, and it looks like my Windows...
  8. Can't Access BIOS or Boot Menu After Dual-Booting Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. how do i access the bios to rearrange the boot order

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i access the bios to rearrange the boot order: My windows 11 has developed a fault in the Bios start up order by using IP4 and IP6 rather than the ssd installed.I wish to reorder thm but cannot access the bios menue...
  10. how do i access the bios to rearrange the boot order

how do i access the bios to rearrange the boot order: My windows 11 has developed a fault in the Bios start up order by using IP4 and IP6 rather than the ssd installed.I wish to reorder thm but cannot access the bios menue...