Windows 10: Can not access child laptop

Discus and support Can not access child laptop in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I can not access child laptop with windows 10 that has parental control active. Usually child sends request to access but now the laptop says can't... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Parmulane, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Parmulane Win User

Can not access child laptop

I can not access child laptop with windows 10 that has parental control active. Usually child sends request to access but now the laptop says can't connect. But it has wifi access. Also child account is admin account for that computer

Is it possible to get in some how?

Martin

:)

Parmulane, Jul 30, 2019
  2. Jan123 Win User

Child Account Get Greyed Out

Thanks for the suggestion, but I did the following instead.

I have another laptop, 2 weeks old, with Windows 10 Home on it.

On that one, I tried the same steps with the child account, and got the exact same results.

Jan123, Jul 30, 2019
  3. Islamic Development Bank Funds One Laptop Per Child in Cameroon

The greater availability of more information to more people is a beautiful thing, it should be pretty obvious what an educated human can accomplish by now.

Could you suggest a list of books that contain all the information on the internet and where to buy them for the same cost per child as these laptops?

bear jesus, Jul 30, 2019
  4. Can not access child laptop

Child can not log in to windows 10 laptop anymore

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to check if check if you are able to login online using the Child account. I suggest you to change the password for the child account by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • Click on Family Safety and select the child account.
    • On the left navigation pane, select Change Password.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts and check if the password is changed.
    • Login with the new password and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 30, 2019
Thema:

Can not access child laptop

1. Can not access child laptop - Similar Threads - access child laptop

2. Can you access Windows Hello access on a child's laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you access Windows Hello access on a child's laptop?: Hi,Both of my highschool aged kids 11 and 13, have laptops for school.They are both administers for their own laptops but are linked onto my family safety.We are trying to set up Windows Hello fingerprint access but both of their computers say "this option is currently...
  3. Can you access Windows Hello access on a child's laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can you access Windows Hello access on a child's laptop?: Hi,Both of my highschool aged kids 11 and 13, have laptops for school.They are both administers for their own laptops but are linked onto my family safety.We are trying to set up Windows Hello fingerprint access but both of their computers say "this option is currently...
  4. Child can access apps that I've blocked in Family Saftey

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Child can access apps that I've blocked in Family Saftey: I've blocked the "Family Safety" app on my teenager's phone to prevent him from opening the app and turning off the "activity reporting" feature.This worked at the time. Then he went out of state and came back and I tested it when he got back. The only app I have blocked, he...
  5. Child can access apps that I've blocked in Family Saftey

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Child can access apps that I've blocked in Family Saftey: I've blocked the "Family Safety" app on my teenager's phone to prevent him from opening the app and turning off the "activity reporting" feature.This worked at the time. Then he went out of state and came back and I tested it when he got back. The only app I have blocked, he...
  6. Child can access apps that I've blocked in Family Saftey

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  7. Minecraft access for a child

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft access for a child: I would like to allow my son to play minecraft but I keep getting errors that he's too young for it. Googling makes me think that as the custodian to his account I should be able to give him permissions but I cannot figure out how. He will be playing the Windows 10 version...
  8. apps access to child account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    apps access to child account: hi, i am having MS application installed on my PC eg. outlook, 365, teams. Now i have created a child account for my son. How can i give him access of teams, 365 without reinstalling for his specific user Thanks...
  9. Child access to Google Chrome

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Child access to Google Chrome: Time limits for google chrome have been turned off for my child, however he is still being closed out of Google Chrome and prompted to ask me for more time. I am not seeing an option for unlimited time other than the one that is currently checked. I am only seeing limited...
  10. Child Account Access

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Child Account Access: I created an account on a new laptop for my child, but as soon as I completed the process, it said the password was incorrect. I tried multiple versions of what I used, but nothing worked. I cannot get into the account. The account is listed under my account in family, but...