Windows 10: can not access Downloads folder

Discus and support can not access Downloads folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Guys, I can not access Downloads folder,getting following error message )on the image below). How can I resolve this? 154199 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by frozensun, Apr 13, 2020.

1. frozensun Win User

can not access Downloads folder

Guys,
    I can not access Downloads folder,getting following error message )on the image below).
    How can I resolve this?

:)

frozensun, Apr 13, 2020

2. Cannot unping wrong Download Folder from Quick Access

Hi Luca,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you follow the instruction provided below and check if it helps.

To unpin the download folder from Quick access.

• Right click on download folder.
    • Select unpin from Quick access.

To unpin the download folder from Quick access.

• Right click on download folder.
    • Select pin from Quick access.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1:

• Press the Windows logo key + E key, to open File Explorer.
    • Click on View tab.
    • Click on Options button, located in top right corner of the window.
    • Select the General tab.
    • Click on Restore to default button.
    • Click OK.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Apr 13, 2020
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. can not access Downloads folder

Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

can not access Downloads folder

1. can not access Downloads folder - Similar Threads - access Downloads folder

2. Unable to pin Downloads folder to Quick Access?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to pin Downloads folder to Quick Access?: I have no trouble pinning Desktop, Documents, Pictures, Videos and Music to Quick Access but for some reason Downloads won't pin? I've checked and I can pin literally any other folder, but Downloads won't work. I can click on the option, but when I do nothing happens....
  3. Unable to pin Downloads folder to Quick Access?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to pin Downloads folder to Quick Access?: I have no trouble pinning Desktop, Documents, Pictures, Videos and Music to Quick Access but for some reason Downloads won't pin? I've checked and I can pin literally any other folder, but Downloads won't work. I can click on the option, but when I do nothing happens....
  4. Can access just the public folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can access just the public folder: Hello all and thanks in advance for your support I just reinstalled windows 10 with latest updates and I am using a QNAP NAS with QTS 4.5.3 with IP 192.168.0.4 (this is a fantasy IP of course) typing \\192.168.0.4 in windows explorer results in showing JUST the Pblic folder...
  5. can not save to downloads folder!

can not save to downloads folder!: Windows Home 20H2 19042.928I've moved downloads, documents, etc from the "users" folder to their own folders on D: and E: drives as described herehttps://www.dummies.com/computers/operating-systems/windows-10/how-to-change-the-location-of-user-folders-in-windows-10/All of a...
  6. Download folder not opening in Quick Access

Download folder not opening in Quick Access: Hello guys, My pc was working just fine until today, when I tried to open the Download folder from Quick Access. The whole File Explorer froze, and it wouldn't let me do anything. I eventually killed it with Task Manager, and tried to reopen it, but it didn't work too. I...
  7. Quick Access Downloads Folder

Quick Access Downloads Folder: I've moved the location of my downloads folder to a different drive as it has more space. The windows default downloads location and stuff like the "This PC" link to Downloads all got updated correctly. However, the quick access Downloads link is broken and points to the now...
  8. Can't access Downloads folder in Windows 10

Can't access Downloads folder in Windows 10: When I try to open my Downloads folder, I get the spinning circle and the message 'working on it'. The downloads folder never opens and when I try to close it, it crashes Windows explorer, which then quickly reloads by itself. All other folders (documents, pictures, etc.)...
  9. Download folder in Quick Access does not show all downloads

Download folder in Quick Access does not show all downloads: I downloaded 2 .msi files but do not see them in the Download folder in Quick Access. However, I can see the files here: C:\users\Cookie\Downloads. This is also the path that shows under Properties when I right-click on the Downloads folder in Quick Access. Why do the 2...
  10. Edge Browser Access to Download Folder Issue

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Browser Access to Download Folder Issue: I have two Windows 10 Pro systems. My laptop works fine (does not have the issues noted below, so I know what is supposed to correctly happen) but my desktop PC has two issues associated with the Edge Browser and the "Download Folder": 1) The Edge browser does not...