Windows 10: Can not access my User profile or files

Discus and support Can not access my User profile or files in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; i first recieved a login error and Windows assigned a Temp Acct. i followed steps to delete the temp and rename the .bak file however, now i can only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Debbyrp, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Debbyrp Win User

Can not access my User profile or files

i first recieved a login error and Windows assigned a Temp Acct. i followed steps to delete the temp and rename the .bak file however, now i can only log in as Administrator. I have run this in Safe Mode too. I have scanned from a sfc file. If i could access my documents just once, i could create a new user an move on, but as administrator i still see no pictires, downloads or documents.

help please

:)

Debbyrp, Sep 15, 2019

2. Stored profile will not allow my user account to access some files

This is a new laptop Toshiba Satellite L55t with Windows 10. I have had several instances where access to a file is blocked because of a stored profile. My user account is administrator and it should allow access to any file. I found the stored profile but I can't find any way to change it so I can access all files on my laptop. Do you have any suggestions that will help me solve the problem. Thank you

Karaokegirl, Sep 15, 2019
  3. File history on USB security user access

Hi,

To isolate this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open File History folder.
    • Select all the files that you don't want to be accessed.
    • Right-click on the highlighted files and choose Properties.
    • Go to Security tab.
    • Click on Advanced.
    • Select all the user account that you don't want to have access on your File History folder.
    • Click on Disable inheritance.
    • Lastly, click on OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Desiree Yau, Sep 15, 2019
  4. Can not access my User profile or files

The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hello,

When attempting to login to my computer, I get the following message:

"The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in.

User profile cannot be loaded."

I referred to this Help article,You receive a "The User Profile Service failed the logon” error
    message,

but the only difference is I only have one user profile on this computer. So, I can't login with another user to go through the steps listed in this post.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Gerald Matthews, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

Can not access my User profile or files

1. Can not access my User profile or files - Similar Threads - access User profile

2. User Profile Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Profile Access: Hello all,Recently my computer entered into a BSOD loop that has progressed to the point where I believe my only option is to wipe my SSD and reinstall Windows. In attempt to to save my files, I used AOMEI Partition Assistant to copy the contents of the original drive onto an...
  3. User Profile Access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User Profile Access: Hello all,Recently my computer entered into a BSOD loop that has progressed to the point where I believe my only option is to wipe my SSD and reinstall Windows. In attempt to to save my files, I used AOMEI Partition Assistant to copy the contents of the original drive onto an...
  4. User Profile Access

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Cannot access user profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access user profile: Woke up this morning and went to start my computer...and wow, something happened where I can no longer access my user profile.Even better...if I restart my computer, any changes made to the new profile my computer set-up are reset to what they are originally!Windows...
  6. Cannot access user profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot access user profile: Woke up this morning and went to start my computer...and wow, something happened where I can no longer access my user profile.Even better...if I restart my computer, any changes made to the new profile my computer set-up are reset to what they are originally!Windows...
  7. Cannot access user profile

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. User access restriction to only user profile

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User access restriction to only user profile: Hi Team,How can I restrict a user to only access his profile C:\Users\exampleuser1.Rest everything should be locked such as folders in C drive the user shouldn't be able to create any folders in C drive or any. Standard read or write access to Program Files or Windows should...
  9. User Profiles & Access

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Profiles & Access: I set up a user profile for myself and my wife on a new PC. I was working fine on mine and switched to my wife’s to let her set up her emails etc. However, when i tried to gt in, I received an error message “User Profile Service service failed in sign-in, User profile...
  10. Stored profile will not allow my user account to access some files

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Stored profile will not allow my user account to access some files: This is a new laptop Toshiba Satellite L55t with Windows 10. I have had several instances where access to a file is blocked because of a stored profile. My user account is administrator and it should allow access to any file. I found the stored profile but I can't find any...