Windows 10: Can not access network drives upon waking from sleep in Windows 10

Discus and support Can not access network drives upon waking from sleep in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This is an attempt to learn if a solution has been found to an unsolved problem. The problem was described at this link.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by khl, May 13, 2019.

1. KHL
    khl Win User

Can not access network drives upon waking from sleep in Windows 10

2. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 13, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 13, 2019
  4. Can not access network drives upon waking from sleep in Windows 10

Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, May 13, 2019
Thema:

Can not access network drives upon waking from sleep in Windows 10

1. Can not access network drives upon waking from sleep in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - access network drives

2. PC Restarts Upon Waking From Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Restarts Upon Waking From Sleep: My computer restarts when I wake it from sleep. I am confident this is not a hardware issue as everything works as it should on Linux. I disabled restart when there is an error, and when I wake it, the peripherals do not light up, or appear to connect at all. I already tried...
  3. PC Restarts Upon Waking From Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Restarts Upon Waking From Sleep: My computer restarts when I wake it from sleep. I am confident this is not a hardware issue as everything works as it should on Linux. I disabled restart when there is an error, and when I wake it, the peripherals do not light up, or appear to connect at all. I already tried...
  4. PFN_List_Corrupt Right Upon Waking from Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PFN_List_Corrupt Right Upon Waking from Sleep: Unfortunately as of late I'm getting the "PFN_list_corrupt" error on almost every wake up from sleep. I had 2 external HDD's plugged in thinking maybe those were the issue, however it still persists when unplugged. I did a check on my main SSD with seemingly no issues, also...
  5. PFN_List_Corrupt Right Upon Waking from Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PFN_List_Corrupt Right Upon Waking from Sleep: Unfortunately as of late I'm getting the "PFN_list_corrupt" error on almost every wake up from sleep. I had 2 external HDD's plugged in thinking maybe those were the issue, however it still persists when unplugged. I did a check on my main SSD with seemingly no issues, also...
  6. PFN_List_Corrupt Right Upon Waking from Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  7. Windows 10 not requiring upon waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 not requiring upon waking up from sleep: As of a few days ago, Windows stopped asking me for a password when the computer wakes up from sleep. Basically, I leave my computer and it times out, goes to sleep, and then when I press a key or click the mouse it no longer asks me for my password. How do I fix this?...
  8. Windows 10 forgets previously connected hidden network upon waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 forgets previously connected hidden network upon waking from sleep: Pretty much as the title says. Whenever I put my computer in sleep mode, something I commonly do when going between buildings as hitting the power button on a Surface Pro 4 is easy to do to turn the screen off, it completely forgets the hidden network it was connected to...
  9. Cannot reconnect to a network drive upon waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot reconnect to a network drive upon waking from sleep: This is an attempt to learn if a solution has been found to an unsolved problem. The problem was described at this link. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4471218/mapped-network-drive-may-fail-to-reconnect-in-windows-10-version-1809 A solution was promised in...
  10. BSOD upon waking from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD upon waking from sleep: Attachment 133661 A new laptop with Windows 10 freezing when waking from sleep. BSOD: irql not less or equal. Please help.. Thank you very much! 83616