Windows 10: Can not access system settings

Discus and support Can not access system settings in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Every time i click on system setting the wheel comes up and then goes back to the home screen. All my settings on the notification on bottom right are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by timantell, Aug 18, 2020.

1. timantell Win User

Can not access system settings

Every time i click on system setting the wheel comes up and then goes back to the home screen. All my settings on the notification on bottom right are greyed out when I open it. I need to add a blue tooth devise and cant get to settings

Can not access system settings 12ee0c25-98c8-4f54-beb1-fb0aeddfe431?upload=true.jpg

:)

timantell, Aug 18, 2020
  2. DTG1 Win User

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 18, 2020
  4. Can not access system settings

access BIOS settings in Win 10

I have an 8-year old computer running Win 10. I need to access the BIOS settings. It used to be the holding down the F2 key during startup would bring up the BIOS screen in Windows computers. But this no longer works. A web article listed a complicated
    series of steps leading to a reboot . . . but still no access to BIOS. Any suggestions?

R BruceBeckner, Aug 18, 2020
Thema:

Can not access system settings

1. Can not access system settings - Similar Threads - access system settings

2. Can`t access settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can`t access settings: A month ago I saw that I couldn't access the settings app.And I can`t search for example bluetooth or windows update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-access-settings/5024d881-ae21-4285-ae9f-d3ebfd705f5f
  3. Can`t access settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can`t access settings: A month ago I saw that I couldn't access the settings app.And I can`t search for example bluetooth or windows update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-access-settings/5024d881-ae21-4285-ae9f-d3ebfd705f5f
  4. Can`t access settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Settings app freezes when accessing System

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings app freezes when accessing System: This started happening recently on my PC, which is perfectly fine. Basically, if I go into Settings > System, the app just freezes, and I am unable to access any other setting. Oddly, I am able to go through the search bar and access every single setting except for the...
  6. Can not access windows settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can not access windows settings: Hi, I am having a problem to access settings app except from Start>settings. In other words it I try to access "taskbar settings" through right clicking on the taskbar > taskbar settings, CMD window flashes and then nothing happens. also, the same for any trial to access...
  7. Remote Access (app) requesting access to the file system despite being set in Settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remote Access (app) requesting access to the file system despite being set in Settings: When I try to copy/paste a file through Remote Desktop I get a dialogue saying, Allow Access You must give Remote Desktop access to your file system to copy files to the remote PC. This can be done under Settings / Privacy / File system. Providing access will close this...
  8. Can't access 'system' folder in settings

Can't access 'system' folder in settings: I have had this issue going on for a while now and I think it may have something to do with when I added my work or school email accounts to my pc and it forced their policies. I have checked local policies and group policies and can't find anything that would restrict this....
  9. I can not access the settings in win 10

I can not access the settings in win 10: When I go to the windows icon at the bottom left and click on settings, I get the settings icon on the taskbar but I can not open/maximize it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-access-the-settings-in-win-10/873f3c77-201b-4369-956d-d7044228211f
  10. can not access settings menu on windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can not access settings menu on windows 10: Since i have downloaded 10 i can not access the settings menu .All that happens when i press settings is a white flash and nothing.Regards 15823