Windows 10: Can not access to / open / edit file directly from Drive D's Folder

Discus and support Can not access to / open / edit file directly from Drive D's Folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Dear Sir / Madam I have some issues as below with my Drive D most of the time : 1 I can't open my file / document from Drive D directly, unless i open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LK_1K85, Dec 27, 2019.

1. LK_1K85 Win User

Can not access to / open / edit file directly from Drive D's Folder

Dear Sir / Madam
    I have some issues as below with my Drive D most of the time :
    1 I can't open my file / document from Drive D directly, unless i open that file to Desktop and open it again. Then it works.
    2 I can't Edit file name on Drive D / or somewhere in folder of Driver D at all, unless i need to copy that file to Desktop and edit it, then will copy it back to my drive D.
    3 I copy my 365 outlook mail to Drive D, then i can't open it. Unless i copy that mail to Desktop then i can access it.
    4 Others , those file and documents open the same , but it will work if they are located on Desktop.

Could anyone please advise me on the above issues? and please kindly tell me how to resolve this issue?

Really appreciate your help on this!

Best regards,
    LK
    +6583218324

:)

LK_1K85, Dec 27, 2019
  2. Ross211 Win User

Remote access to my (local) server's folders

But what if he tries to access this mapped drive when he is not on the same subnet of his server ?

Ross211, Dec 27, 2019
  3. Paul_VC Win User
    How to directly open a folder on my OneDrive via Windows 10 File Explorer Quick Access?

How to directly open a folder on my OneDrive via Windows 10 File Explorer Quick Access?

I want to open folders which are on my OneDrive directly via the Quick Access list in Windows 10 File Explorer.

To do this I add folders to Quick Access via the "Pin current folder to Quick access".

However, when I do this, the Quick Access "shortcut" to the folder doesn't open the folder on the OneDrive.

Instead, it opens the locally-stored mirror of that folder. (This is the "on demand" cached copy created by OneDrive, I assume).

What must I do to achieve what I want, namely that the Quick Access link opens the folder on the OneDrive directly?

Paul_VC, Dec 27, 2019
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Remote access to my (local) server's folders

• Set up an FTP server on your file server.
    • Map the FTP server as a network location on your laptop under "Computer".
    This will allow programs to open and save files directly to the FTP server just like it was a drive in your computer.

newtekie1, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Can not access to / open / edit file directly from Drive D's Folder - Similar Threads - access open edit

2. how to move file folders from C drive to D drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to move file folders from C drive to D drive: How do I move folders from C drive to D drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-move-file-folders-from-c-drive-to-d-drive/ba455194-5c95-4cf4-8fb6-2be2a8242972
  3. Files and folders in D drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files and folders in D drive: Hello,I have a new desktop computer with Windows 11 22H2 with a 1/4 T SSD drive C: and a full T hard drive D:.I am confused by file and folder icons. Can I move, or delete, or rename folders in the D drive without screwinganything up?Mark...
  4. Files and folders in D drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files and folders in D drive: Hello,I have a new desktop computer with Windows 11 22H2 with a 1/4 T SSD drive C: and a full T hard drive D:.I am confused by file and folder icons. Can I move, or delete, or rename folders in the D drive without screwinganything up?Mark...
  5. Cant Access The D: Drive Folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant Access The D: Drive Folders: I don`t know if this is related to a windows update or not, But when i try to open any file on my D: drive i get the message, D:/ folder name is not accessible The device is not ready....
  6. Cant Access The D: Drive Folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant Access The D: Drive Folders: I don`t know if this is related to a windows update or not, But when i try to open any file on my D: drive i get the message, D:/ folder name is not accessible The device is not ready....
  7. Unable to create files directly on D:/ drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to create files directly on D:/ drive: Hello,I'm running a custom built PC and my current D: drive used to have windows installed on it, but we moved the windows installation to my current C drive on a re-install. Because of the previous installation, I can create folders on my D drive but cannot create or place...
  8. HELP. Folder marked as D drive unable to edit

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HELP. Folder marked as D drive unable to edit: I was trying to delete a folder and it wouldn't let me. When I tried to rename it wouldn't let me as well. Please can anyone else I want to/need to delete this folder. I even tried to delete it with webroot but it wouldn't let me. Anything I attempted is denied. [ATTACH]...
  9. Windows delete the file and folder from D drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows delete the file and folder from D drive: Hi, Today while doing some work with my window laptop it asked for reset for update. After upgrading windows become fresh amd my D: fully formated and my all files lost i had 10 G of data in D drive. How to recover . Windows.old is empty !...
  10. Drive D is not opening, not accessible, access denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drive D is not opening, not accessible, access denied: I`m not able to open my drive D:\ . When I try, I get message, not accessible, access denied. This error came as a result of removing all sharing privileges to the drive. immediately I finished the process of removing sharing of any file on the drive, I was not able to access...