Windows 10: Can not access Virus and Threat protection to run defender

Discus and support Can not access Virus and Threat protection to run defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I get a message " your virus and threat protection is managed by your organization" this is Personal PC and did not have this issue last month. I can... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MehranRostami, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Can not access Virus and Threat protection to run defender

I get a message " your virus and threat protection is managed by your organization" this is Personal PC and did not have this issue last month. I can not run my defender.

thanks!

:)

MehranRostami, Nov 19, 2018

2. Cannot turn on Windows Defender virus protection

I had the same sort of symptoms. In the Windows Security Center, under Virus and threat protection, it said "Your virus & threat protection is managed by your organization."

Can  not access Virus and Threat protection to run defender wm5Jc.png

I note you mentioned the Registry Keys under HKLM/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows Defender. Nice spotting, but it seems like there is another key that is causing the problem for some users.

Steps to a solution:

1. Press the Windows key and type "regedit"
    2. On the regedit icon that appears, right-click and select Run as Administrator.
    3. Navigate to the folder located at HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender (You can paste this into the address box at the top of the window, or navigate manually using the side directory structure)
    4. In this folder, there are probably two keys. Right-click and Delete the DisableAntiSpyware key.
    5. Exit regedit, and return to the Windows Defender settings screen (refresh it if necessary). Windows Defender should have the scan options available and working.

Solution adapted from here, with a much more detailed solution here.

MechtEngineer, Nov 19, 2018
  3. Virus & Threat Protection

There are some applications that are not yet compatible Control Folder Access. It is intended to block Ransomware. Until third party apps catch up, the best you can do is to disable it.

Open Windows Defender Security Center

Click Virus & threat protection

Click Virus & threat protection settings

Scroll down to Controlled folder access

Toggle it off

Andre Da Costa, Nov 19, 2018
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Can not access Virus and Threat protection to run defender

Virus & Threat Protection

Hi Steven, while Controlled Folder Access is going to be a great feature, for the moment, until the rest of the software community catch up, your best option is to turn that feature off for now

Open Windows Defender Security Center

Go to Virus & threat protection - Virus & threat protection settings

Scroll down to find Controlled folder access

Turn that option off

DaveM121, Nov 19, 2018
Thema:

Can not access Virus and Threat protection to run defender

1. Can not access Virus and Threat protection to run defender - Similar Threads - access Virus Threat

2. Cant access Windows Defender "Virus & Threat Protection"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant access Windows Defender "Virus & Threat Protection": Hey, so I recently restarted my PC "Factory Reset" Cloud Download and I tried to access my Microsoft defender icon in the little arrow on the taskbar and either it goes to a white screen or tells me " Page Not Available" Your IT Administrator has limited access to some areas...
  3. Cant access Windows Defender "Virus & Threat Protection"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant access Windows Defender "Virus & Threat Protection": Hey, so I recently restarted my PC "Factory Reset" Cloud Download and I tried to access my Microsoft defender icon in the little arrow on the taskbar and either it goes to a white screen or tells me " Page Not Available" Your IT Administrator has limited access to some areas...
  4. virus and threat protection is not accessible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    virus and threat protection is not accessible: My laptop virus and threat protection is not opening it's showing "Page not available" ,"Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information." But in the profile my id has...
  5. virus and threat protection is not accessible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    virus and threat protection is not accessible: My laptop virus and threat protection is not opening it's showing "Page not available" ,"Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information." But in the profile my id has...
  6. Virus & Threat Protection not showing on Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus & Threat Protection not showing on Defender: Hey can someone help me about this problem? My Virus & Threat protection won's appear on the menu. It says that the admin has limited access.I've tried to do some instruction from this forum before and it still didn't work.The EnterpriseMGMT is clean: I've set the UI access...
  7. microsoft defender virus and threat protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    microsoft defender virus and threat protection: Virus and threat protection in Settings, Security at a glance "Threat service has stopped. Restart it now." "Unexpected error. Sorry, we ran into a problem. Please try again."Account protection, Firewall & Network protection, App & browser control, and Device security are all...
  8. virus & threat protection settings in defender

virus & threat protection settings in defender: I have Personal Surface pro device ,,,, why in Virus and threat protection settings --- Cloud delivered protection and automatic sample submission can't be turned on????? I just have MS defender no other antivirus or spyware programs on my device. It syas settings managed by...
  9. Windows Defender Virus & Threat Protection

Windows Defender Virus & Threat Protection: Windows Defender does not run scans or allow me to update settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-virus-threat-protection/cada3eda-6c30-472b-a292-40efa4fb820e
  10. Windows Defender Virus and Threat Protection

Windows Defender Virus and Threat Protection: Ransom ware protection says "Setup One Drive" I enter my email and it says your one drive is already synced for that address. Yet Defender still says you need to set up Onedrive for ransomware protection. We have been issued with a ransomware threat from and unknown...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot open virus and threat protection w 10

2. i cant use windows protection virus

3. cant change windows threat protection

4. i cant access my virus and threat protection,
  5. virus and threat protection not opening,
  6. ransom protection cant access it administrator,
  7. cannot access virus and threat protection,
  8. why cant i access my virus and threat protection when i didnt change anything,
  9. i cant open virus and threat protection,
  10. cant access virus threat and protection,
  11. cant access virus protector,
  12. virus and threat managed by your organization,
  13. cant access virus and threat protection,
  14. not able to use the virus and threat option in windows defender showing unexpected error,
  15. cannot access virus and threat protection in windows 10