Windows 10: Can not access win image on win 10

Discus and support Can not access win image on win 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I made a win image on an external drive. When I click on the image I receive this message--Couldn't mount file--The disk image isn't initialized,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JOE 1934, Jan 24, 2021.

1. JOE 1934 Win User

Can not access win image on win 10

I made a win image on an external drive. When I click on the image I receive this message--Couldn't mount file--The disk image isn't initialized, contains partitions that aren't recognizable, or contains volumes that haven't been assigned drive letters. Please use disk management to snap-in to make sure that the disk, partitions, volumes are in a usable state. ---Is there a way I can access this image to get to some files.

:)

JOE 1934, Jan 24, 2021

2. access BIOS settings in Win 10

I have an 8-year old computer running Win 10. I need to access the BIOS settings. It used to be the holding down the F2 key during startup would bring up the BIOS screen in Windows computers. But this no longer works. A web article listed a complicated
    series of steps leading to a reboot . . . but still no access to BIOS. Any suggestions?

R BruceBeckner, Jan 24, 2021
  3. adoornik Win User
    Win 7 and Win 10 on network

I have home network with separate modem, router, and WAP's. My Windows 7 computer does NOT list the Windows 10 computers on network computer list but the Windows 10 computers network list DO list the Windows 7 computer.

Turned off firewalls, gave permissions, shared drives. Nothing allows Win 7 computer to access the Win 10 computers.

Any suggestions for a fix?

adoornik, Jan 24, 2021
  4. Can not access win image on win 10

Stop Win 10 install

Hi Bryon,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

• Let us know are you referring to Update list when you say "Win 10 mailing list"?
    Meanwhile, I suggest you to Run the Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool which fixes the Windows corruption error if there are any. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows+X.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the command DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
      and hit Enter.
    Hope it helps. Let us know if you need further assistance and we'll be glad to assist you further.

Navneet Anand, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

Can not access win image on win 10

1. Can not access win image on win 10 - Similar Threads - access image

2. Would I be able to view restricted-access directories using a Disk-Image?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Would I be able to view restricted-access directories using a Disk-Image?: I want to make a Disk-Image of the "C:" drive of my Windows OS. I want to do this as I want to browse through its files without being hindered by file and folder permission-restrictions which restrictions I understand now have good reason for existing otherwise. I was advised...
  3. Would I be able to view restricted-access directories using a Disk-Image?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Would I be able to view restricted-access directories using a Disk-Image?: I want to make a Disk-Image of the "C:" drive of my Windows OS. I want to do this as I want to browse through its files without being hindered by file and folder permission-restrictions which restrictions I understand now have good reason for existing otherwise. I was advised...
  4. Windows 11 no start bar on one profile no access to files or images either quoting below error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 no start bar on one profile no access to files or images either quoting below error: Faulting application name: StartMenuExperienceHost.exe, version: 10.0.22621.3085, time stamp: 0x3f480a9eFaulting module name: StartDocked.dll, version: 10.0.22621.3155, time stamp: 0x0e346644Exception code: 0xc0000409Fault offset: 0x00000000001e0751Faulting process id:...
  5. Windows 11 no start bar on one profile no access to files or images either quoting below error

Windows 11 no start bar on one profile no access to files or images either quoting below error: Faulting application name: StartMenuExperienceHost.exe, version: 10.0.22621.3085, time stamp: 0x3f480a9eFaulting module name: StartDocked.dll, version: 10.0.22621.3155, time stamp: 0x0e346644Exception code: 0xc0000409Fault offset: 0x00000000001e0751Faulting process id:...
  6. Can I still access my files using Windows Image Backup due to not making a System Image...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I still access my files using Windows Image Backup due to not making a System Image...: I'm trying to recover an older version of my PC to locate some missing files. The problem is, I backed up my PC using Windows Image Backup WIB, but I didn't create a System Image. I was using Windows 11, and i reinstalled windows. When I go on Disk Management, the drive is...
  7. Can I still access my files using Windows Image Backup due to not making a System Image...

Can I still access my files using Windows Image Backup due to not making a System Image...: I'm trying to recover an older version of my PC to locate some missing files. The problem is, I backed up my PC using Windows Image Backup WIB, but I didn't create a System Image. I was using Windows 11, and i reinstalled windows. When I go on Disk Management, the drive is...
  8. Can I still access my files using Windows Image Backup due to not making a System Image...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Screenshots file is corrupted but the images are still accessible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screenshots file is corrupted but the images are still accessible: I was cleaning up my laptop for unused screenshots before closing the files app. But when i reopened files and tried to open the screenshots file, the file said it was unavailable, as well as showing that the file is 0 bytes. Can someone please help?...
  10. Screenshots file is corrupted but the images are still accessible

Screenshots file is corrupted but the images are still accessible: I was cleaning up my laptop for unused screenshots before closing the files app. But when i reopened files and tried to open the screenshots file, the file said it was unavailable, as well as showing that the file is 0 bytes. Can someone please help?...