Windows 10: Can not activate retailer keys

Discus and support Can not activate retailer keys in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I recently bought a pc and have tried to activate my Windows 10 pro key that came with it but when i try it says its not valid but i dont think... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by WaseemKurabi, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Can not activate retailer keys

Hello, I recently bought a pc and have tried to activate my Windows 10 pro key that came with it but when i try it says its not valid but i dont think its true is there a special way to activate retailer keys?

:)

WaseemKurabi, Oct 7, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

activate windows 7 oem key

There is no difference between the OEM disc and the Retail disc with Windows 7. A retail disc will accept a OEM or Retail key, and vise versa.

If the OEM Key wasn't going to work with the disc you have, it would have stopped you during the install when it first asked you for the key, not during activation.

What is likely the problem is that, since the OEM version has already been activated once, it is failing activation again. Activate it over the phone using the option given to you on the failed activation screen, and you shouldn't have a problem activating it.

newtekie1, Oct 7, 2020
  3. Activation switched from "with product key" to "with Digital License"

There are MAK keys and Retail keys for Education. As far as I know, if you use a Retail key, its not VL activated, same as for Pro. Pro has MAK and Retail keys. Why would they list them as Retail if they are VL? Enterprise has only MAK keys and VL keys. Only MAK keys are listed on MSDN for Enterprise.

EDIT: That was not intended to be argumentative. Just that, as far I know, my installs are not VL activated.

alphanumeric, Oct 7, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

Can not activate retailer keys

How to revoke GTA IV key

It's a very long key on the booklet, so you are saying thats the issue?

P4-630, Oct 7, 2020
Thema:

Can not activate retailer keys

1. Can not activate retailer keys - Similar Threads - activate retailer keys

2. Can't activate Windows 10 with Retail Licence Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't activate Windows 10 with Retail Licence Key: Hello,I am facing the following problem: I bought a Windows Licence about 7 years ago, it was on my old laptop. I checked the version of the licence key yesterday using Command Prompt and it said that it is a Retail Licence Windows 10 core. I then uninstalled the licence key...
  3. Can't activate Windows 10 with Retail Licence Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't activate Windows 10 with Retail Licence Key: Hello,I am facing the following problem: I bought a Windows Licence about 7 years ago, it was on my old laptop. I checked the version of the licence key yesterday using Command Prompt and it said that it is a Retail Licence Windows 10 core. I then uninstalled the licence key...
  4. Windows 10 Activation - Cannot Find Retail Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Activation - Cannot Find Retail Key: I recently had to change motherboards as my old one had died. As expected it is now asking for my windows 10 product key. I purchased a retail key from the Microsoft Store back in August of 2019 but none of my order info is leading me to a 25-digit key neither confirmation...
  5. Windows 10 Activation - Cannot Find Retail Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Activation - Cannot Find Retail Key: I recently had to change motherboards as my old one had died. As expected it is now asking for my windows 10 product key. I purchased a retail key from the Microsoft Store back in August of 2019 but none of my order info is leading me to a 25-digit key neither confirmation...
  6. Windows 10 Activation - Cannot Find Retail Key

7. About Activation My Retail License Key.

About Activation My Retail License Key.: 1. Can I activate Windows 10 by enter my retail key to my new pc without uninstall retail key from my already signed older PC?2.After activated retailed key , What happen when I signed my Microsoft account Digital License linked to Microsoft account... may be transfer my...
  8. Windows 10 Retail Key Activation - Motherboard RMA

Windows 10 Retail Key Activation - Motherboard RMA: Hello, I recently build a new Windows 10 PC and unfortunately I experienced some issues with RAM. Long story short it seems that the motherboard on which my PC was built has a defective RAM slot and the manufacturer advised me that likely an replacement is in order RMA. I...
  9. Can i use windows 7 retail key to activate windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can i use windows 7 retail key to activate windows 10?: as the topic 1. if i have clean install windows 10 can i use retail key from windows 7 to activate that? 2. if it can, how how long microsoft will support after activated? Thank you very much...
  10. windows 10 activation with a retail key

windows 10 activation with a retail key: hello so my problem is simple i have a windows 10 professional retail key not affiliated with my Microsoft account about 5 month ago i bought a new hard drive and installed a new copy of windows on it (yes the version is pro) and when i entered the key it said that it wasn't...