Windows 10: can not activate win 10 home edition.

Discus and support can not activate win 10 home edition. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Good day. I lost my pc during moving to other city, which windows 10 home edition is activated, got new one, I can not remember if it is upgraded to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by mailaty, Mar 10, 2017.

1. mailaty Win User

can not activate win 10 home edition.

Good day.
    I lost my pc during moving to other city, which windows 10 home edition is activated, got new one, I can not remember if it is upgraded to win 10 or I did clean install to new pc, tried to activate recent one with no luck, I tried to reach microsoft support on web and phone but could not reach human to talk.
    I need help to resolve this or a way to talk to support representative, as here phone is only automated.
    Thanks and regards.

:)

mailaty, Mar 10, 2017

2. Upgradred to Win 10 Pro from Win 10 Home Edition(key not working)

So, i had a genuine edition of windows 8 home edition and ultimately i upgraded to win 10 Home Edition. A friend of mine gave me a product key saying i would get an upgrade to Pro but now the Key doesnt work and it says Win 10 is not activated i just want
    to revert to my Win 10 Home edition in the easiest way ! I have a snapshot of my Home Edition key before i tried that upgrade

rahulanand21, Mar 10, 2017
  3. Previously activated Win10 machine not re-activating after hard drive crash and replace.

The copy of Windows 10 you download and upgrade from will correspond with the edition of Windows you have installed, if it does not, this is why you might be experiencing problems activating:

Windows 7 Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Windows 8.0 Core, Windows 8.1 Core will install Windows 10 Home

Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 8.0 Pro, Windows 8.1 Pro will install Windows 10 Pro

To find out if you have the right edition installed:

Click Start > Settings > Update & security > Activation > Edition.

If you have the right edition installed, try the following key that matches your edition.

Enter the Windows 10 Home/Pro default key. (see list below)

Win 10 Home: YTMG3-N6DKC-DKB77-7M9GH-8HVX7

Win 10 Pro: VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T

Win 10 Home N: 4CPRK-NM3K3-X6XXQ-RXX86-WXCHW

Win 10 Home Single Language: BT79Q-G7N6G-PGBYW-4YWX6-6F4BT

Win 10 Home Country Specific: 7B6NC-V3438-TRQG7-8TCCX-H6DDY

Win 10 Professional N: 2B87N-8KFHP-DKV6R-Y2C8J-PKCKT

Click Start > Settings > Update & security > Activation > Change the product key then enter the new product key then click Next to Activate

If you are unable to activate Windows 10 after all the above and you are certain you have the correct edition installed, then please attempt phone activation:

Activate Your Windows 10 License via Microsoft Chat Support

http://www.groovypost.com/howto/activate-window...

Andre Da Costa, Mar 10, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

NavyLCDR, Mar 10, 2017
  5. mailaty Win User
    mailaty, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. can not activate win 10 home edition. - Similar Threads - activate home edition

2. BitLocker Issue on Win 10 Home Edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Issue on Win 10 Home Edition: Long story short - we ran into the BitLocker issue recently and found out that the Microsoft recovery website has been down for more than 3 months. Currently Microsoft only has live chat available and it’s mission impossible to get to someone to assist. There are always 50+...
  3. BitLocker Issue on Win 10 Home Edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BitLocker Issue on Win 10 Home Edition: Long story short - we ran into the BitLocker issue recently and found out that the Microsoft recovery website has been down for more than 3 months. Currently Microsoft only has live chat available and it’s mission impossible to get to someone to assist. There are always 50+...
  4. Is it possible to downgrade to Home edition of Win 10 from Enterprise edition?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to downgrade to Home edition of Win 10 from Enterprise edition?: I have a VM running an evaluation copy of Windows 10 Enterprise Edition. I don't really need all of that functionality and would like to downgrade to Home Edition, but I wouldn't want to reinstall everything from scratch. Is it possible to simply enter a Home edition license...
  5. Is it possible to downgrade to Home edition of Win 10 from Enterprise edition?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is it possible to downgrade to Home edition of Win 10 from Enterprise edition?: I have a VM running an evaluation copy of Windows 10 Enterprise Edition. I don't really need all of that functionality and would like to downgrade to Home Edition, but I wouldn't want to reinstall everything from scratch. Is it possible to simply enter a Home edition license...
  6. Can i use windows 10 home for activation of Pro edition

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can i use windows 10 home for activation of Pro edition: I have windows 10 home key , but the system is installed with windows 10 pro edition. how can i downgrade https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-use-windows-10-home-for-activation-of-pro/907d696f-cb41-4069-8599-5bdc37c13175
  7. activation windows 10 home edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    activation windows 10 home edition: 1. how to activation windows 10 home edition 2. product key windows 10 home edition https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activation-windows-10-home-edition/78786be1-6226-4f8e-88c1-d1aab004a6bb
  8. Problem with activating Win 10 after upgrading from Home edition to Pro edition with a...

Problem with activating Win 10 after upgrading from Home edition to Pro edition with a...: I have a HP laptop that I purchased 3 years ago that came with Win 10 Home, and only yesterday I wanted to update to Win 10 Pro to try new features in Windows for an entry tech certificate I'm currently studying, Since I'm on a tight budget, I purchased a Win 10 pro key...
  9. Win 10 Home activation Problem

Win 10 Home activation Problem: Had win 10 Home activated into an ASUS X99 Deluxe Board that subsequently crashed and had hardware issues rendering it unusable as it could not boot to Windows. Bought another ASUS X99 Deluxe board to replace the damaged board using all the same hardware, Memory, Graphics...
  10. Activating Bluetooth in Win 10 Home

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Activating Bluetooth in Win 10 Home: I am going to buy wireless headphones. The pc told me to go into action centre and activate BT but action centre or center is not being recognised. A guide said to go into device manager, other devices - other devices in not listed. Getting confused now as nothing seems to...