Windows 10: Can not activate windows 10 Pro with windows 7 Home Premium Key

Discus and support Can not activate windows 10 Pro with windows 7 Home Premium Key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; This site says it should work, but it does not. Or do I understand it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by BazingaRX, May 7, 2022.

1. BazingaRX Win User

Can not activate windows 10 Pro with windows 7 Home Premium Key

This site says it should work, but it does not. Or do I understand it wrong?https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/upgrade/windows-10-upgrade-paths

:)

BazingaRX, May 7, 2022

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, May 7, 2022
  3. scope54 Win User
    Will a Windows 7 Ultimate key activate Windows 7 Pro?

I've tried the opposite, was installing Win7 on a friends comp, my copy of win 7 (home premium) and his key (pro). When I entered the key, it gave me an error regarding versions. Skipping the initial key input also lead to a version error thing when Windows booted up. One big thing I noticed when I did that was it didn't let you choose the version to install if you skipped the key input. In short Vista lets you use whatever disc to install, 7 doesn't.

scope54, May 7, 2022
  4. ironwolf Win User

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Two quick ways to use your Windows 7 key during the install:

1. When asked for the serial #, put in that Windows 7 serial # and continue on. It should activate as soon as it hits an internet connection.

2. When asked for the serial #, at bottom of window click on the I don't have a serial # text (or whatever it says). It will then ask what version you want to install, ie. Home or Pro. Be sure to install the right version that matches your Windows 7 key. Then once you get into windows you can activate by putting in the key. Some people prefer this method, not sure why honestly. Easier to do #1, since the installer will see your key and know which flavor of Windows 10 you are trying to install.

ironwolf, May 7, 2022
Thema:

1. Can not activate windows 10 Pro with windows 7 Home Premium Key - Similar Threads - activate Pro Home

2. Windows 7 Home Premium

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 Home Premium: I have a license for Windows 7 Home Premium. Can I install it now and then upgrade to Windows 10 for free? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-home-premium/c0fb9515-29cd-4baa-beba-cf1f6047ec61
  3. Windows 7 Home Premium

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 Home Premium: I have a license for Windows 7 Home Premium. Can I install it now and then upgrade to Windows 10 for free? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-home-premium/c0fb9515-29cd-4baa-beba-cf1f6047ec61
  4. Can not activate windows 10 Pro with windows 7 Home Premium Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not activate windows 10 Pro with windows 7 Home Premium Key: This site says it should work, but it does not. Or do I understand it wrong?https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/upgrade/windows-10-upgrade-paths...
  5. Can not activate windows 10 Pro with windows 7 Home Premium Key

Can not activate windows 10 Pro with windows 7 Home Premium Key: This site says it should work, but it does not. Or do I understand it wrong?https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/upgrade/windows-10-upgrade-paths...
  6. Windows 7 Home Premium activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 Home Premium activation: Hi,today I installed Windows 7 Home Premium on my old laptop after previously having Linux Ubuntu on it and I am having trouble activating it. It came with Windows 7 Home Premium pre-installed and I located product key but when I try to activating it with that product key I...
  7. Windows 7 Home Premium activation

Windows 7 Home Premium activation: Hi,today I installed Windows 7 Home Premium on my old laptop after previously having Linux Ubuntu on it and I am having trouble activating it. It came with Windows 7 Home Premium pre-installed and I located product key but when I try to activating it with that product key I...
  8. Upgrade Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Pro: Hello, Can i get a free upgrade for the above and is it hard to do? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-windows-7-home-premium-to-windows-10-pro/e7057371-8f46-444d-9e4a-5cb34b0d788c
  9. can I use Windows 7 Home Premium key use with Windows 10 Pro?

can I use Windows 7 Home Premium key use with Windows 10 Pro?: I have a Windows 10 64 bit Pro bootable DVD. I just bought a used older Sony Viao laptop with Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium. It came with an authentic Windows 7 key. Can I use this to do a fresh install of Windows 10 from the DVD? Thanks! 136297
  10. Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Home

Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Home: I have a MacBook Pro, and i originally partitioned the hard drive to 350 Mac & 150 Win 7. Not long ago i received a free upgrade to Win 10 Home, and after using it for a few months, i really liked it and decided to re-partition my hard drive to 250 Mac & 250 Win 10. After...