Windows 10: Can not add email account

Discus and support Can not add email account in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Using Windows 10. Have had an AOL email account set up on this machine for years with standard imap settings. This past week windows started throwing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CarolynBlanchard, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Can not add email account

Using Windows 10. Have had an AOL email account set up on this machine for years with standard imap settings. This past week windows started throwing errors - having problems in both office 365 outlook desktop edition as well as windows Mail. in Email & Accounts setting I get the error "Attention Required" and keeps prompting me to enter password. In outlook the error was that the account information was not valid and could not sign in. I have tried EVERYTHINKG - created new outlook profile, deleted and re-entered email account in Mail, got rid of .pst and .ost files .... nothing worked. I went so far as unistalling Office 365 and doing a Windows Reset i.e. reinstall windows but keep all my files. After rest I did nothing but try to set up the email account and I get the same error as before.

The issue is with one particular AOL email account - I can set up other AOL email and GMAIL accounts and they work.

I am 100% confident I am using the right credentials - have logged into AOL account through web browser.... and all works fine.

There is something somewhere corrupted in Windows system that is affecting this one account. HELP!

:)

CarolynBlanchard, Feb 23, 2021
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Feb 23, 2021
  3. email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, Feb 23, 2021
  4. Can not add email account

email account hacked. please help

Don't think you can if they were deleted from your email account and are not in your trash folder. Try contacting Yahoo, explain what happened, and see what they can do or suggest you do.

BarbaricSoul, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

Can not add email account

1. Can not add email account - Similar Threads - add email account

2. How to add User Account via Email & Accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add User Account via Email & Accounts: I attempt to add a new user account by via Email & Accounts. I select "Add account" I select Google >> Continue Enter email address Enter password I select Allow I get an error message: "Something went wrong" Error code: 0x8000000b. Therefore, I changed my security settings...
  3. How to add User Account via Email & Accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to add User Account via Email & Accounts: I attempt to add a new user account by via Email & Accounts. I select "Add account" I select Google >> Continue Enter email address Enter password I select Allow I get an error message: "Something went wrong" Error code: 0x8000000b. Therefore, I changed my security settings...
  4. Can add internet email account to Mail but, cannot add it to calendar too.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can add internet email account to Mail but, cannot add it to calendar too.: I realized when I use mail and calendar app, only in mail that my internet email account signed in. This becomes trouble as I want to send event invitation to my colleagues, I cannot. I've been tried to add account in Calendar, but error code 0x80004005 appear. I thought that...
  5. Can add internet email account to Mail but, cannot add it to calendar too.

Can add internet email account to Mail but, cannot add it to calendar too.: I realized when I use mail and calendar app, only in mail that my internet email account signed in. This becomes trouble as I want to send event invitation to my colleagues, I cannot. I've been tried to add account in Calendar, but error code 0x80004005 appear. I thought that...
  6. Cannot add a email account, calendar

Cannot add a email account, calendar: Hi I cannot add email account hotmail, yaho,.googleto my window. What is wrong? I lick on add but the dialog box keeps closing..it is not activated.Pls advise.Thanks...
  7. Cannot add email accounts

Cannot add email accounts: Hi I’m just setting up a new system and have hit a problem, i can’t add any email accounts to the standard windows 10 app, when i hit the add account button all i get is a blue box appear with no options. I have reset the app but it makes no difference, anyone have any...
  8. Cannot Add an email account to Outlook

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Cannot Add an email account to Outlook: I have used Outlook under Office 365 for years with little or no troubles. However, now I am trying to add a new POP email account from Cox.net but find that things have changed in the procedures I used in the past for doing so but I can't get it added to Outlook. Cox Webmail...
  9. Can not add Google email account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can not add Google email account: error code 0x8000000b when adding Google email account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-add-google-email-account/f3818573-951b-4957-8432-8e6bad6a7b89
  10. I can not add an email account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I can not add an email account: Hello, I can not add a new account in the configuration of Windows 10, or manage existing account. pressing to add or manage opens for a second the new window and closes without displaying any errors or anything. [img] 58962