Windows 10: Can not add Google email account

Discus and support Can not add Google email account in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; error code 0x8000000b when adding Google email account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GaryYoungquist, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Can not add Google email account

error code 0x8000000b when adding Google email account

:)

GaryYoungquist, Oct 25, 2018
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Oct 25, 2018
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Google Email Account is not adding

Hi,

Are you able to add other email account to mail app apart from Gmail account?

To solve the problem, you have to make sure that your Google account is connected to your Windows 10 computer. Here’s how to do that:

• Go to the Security section of your Google account (You can access it from the following link:

https://myaccount.google.com/intro/security
    • Under Connected apps and sites, go to Apps connected to your account
    • Make sure that Windows is on the list
    After you make sure that your Google account is connected with your computer, you need to create the new IMAP account, and hopefully, everything will work fine. But, before you create a new IMAP account in your Mail app, you need to enable IMAP
    usage in your Google account. Here’s what you need to do:

• Sign in to Gmail
    • Click the gear in the top right
    • Select Settings
    • Click Forwarding and POP/IMAP
    • Select Enable IMAP
    • Click Save Changes
    After you enabled IMAP usage in your Google account, you can create the new IMAP account in your Mail app, and everything should work fine. Just follow these steps to create the new IMAP account:

• Open the Mail app
    • Go to Settings (Cog icon), Accounts, Add Account, Advanced Setup, and then to Internet Email
    • Fill in the details like this:
    • Account Name: {any string like “My Gmail”}
    • Your Name: {your name like “Fred Bloggs”}
    • Incoming Mail Server: imap.gmail.com:993
    • Account Type: IMAP4
    • User name: {your gmail address}
    • Password: {the one time password you just generated, otherwise just your gmail password}
    • Outgoing SMTP email server: smtp.gmail.com:465
    • All checkboxes checked
    Now try to connect to your Google account with the new Account and check.

Yaqub K, Oct 25, 2018
  4. Can not add Google email account

email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, Oct 25, 2018
Thema:

Can not add Google email account

1. Can not add Google email account - Similar Threads - add Google email

2. Can't add google account to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't add google account to windows 11: I have been trying to add my gmail to the windows mail app. Brand-new laptop. When I click Add Account > Google. I get a box that pops up saying "Can't Connect to the service""We Can't Connect to the service you need right now. Check your network connection or try this again...
  3. Can add internet email account to Mail but, cannot add it to calendar too.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can add internet email account to Mail but, cannot add it to calendar too.: I realized when I use mail and calendar app, only in mail that my internet email account signed in. This becomes trouble as I want to send event invitation to my colleagues, I cannot. I've been tried to add account in Calendar, but error code 0x80004005 appear. I thought that...
  4. Can add internet email account to Mail but, cannot add it to calendar too.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can add internet email account to Mail but, cannot add it to calendar too.: I realized when I use mail and calendar app, only in mail that my internet email account signed in. This becomes trouble as I want to send event invitation to my colleagues, I cannot. I've been tried to add account in Calendar, but error code 0x80004005 appear. I thought that...
  5. Can not add email account

Can not add email account: Using Windows 10. Have had an AOL email account set up on this machine for years with standard imap settings. This past week windows started throwing errors - having problems in both office 365 outlook desktop edition as well as windows Mail. in Email & Accounts setting I...
  6. Add Google account error 0x8007130f

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add Google account error 0x8007130f: Whenever I want to add my Google Account to Mail and calendar this error code occurs: 0x8007130f. How can I solve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-google-account-error-0x8007130f/a17b7d0e-089c-4442-a632-de5ed407f10d
  7. Cannot add email accounts

Cannot add email accounts: Hi I’m just setting up a new system and have hit a problem, i can’t add any email accounts to the standard windows 10 app, when i hit the add account button all i get is a blue box appear with no options. I have reset the app but it makes no difference, anyone have any...
  8. Can't Add Google Account to Windows

Can't Add Google Account to Windows: Initially, I couldn't add my gmail account to Windows Calendar. I've tried the IMAP fix, and used the advanced setup setting, but no luck. Now, I can't add my gmail account to Windows through the settings tab. I'm getting error code 0x8000000b. My system is up to date. I've...
  9. Can't Add Google Account

in Browsers and Email
    Can't Add Google Account: [img] I'm having yet another problem with Windows 10 now. I can't add my Google account to Mail. When I try I get the attached error window. Any ideas how I can fix this? 54119
  10. I can not add an email account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I can not add an email account: Hello, I can not add a new account in the configuration of Windows 10, or manage existing account. pressing to add or manage opens for a second the new window and closes without displaying any errors or anything. [img] 58962