Windows 10: Can not add HP Laserjet 1100 Printer on Windows 10 laptop

Discus and support Can not add HP Laserjet 1100 Printer on Windows 10 laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have HP Laserjet 1100 Printer, I am using Trendnet printer server TE 100 P1P. I used to print for many years using Xfinity modem with 10.0.0.1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NarenShah, Feb 19, 2020.

1. NarenShah Win User

Can not add HP Laserjet 1100 Printer on Windows 10 laptop

I have HP Laserjet 1100 Printer, I am using Trendnet printer server TE 100 P1P. I used to print for many years using Xfinity modem with 10.0.0.1 gateway, since I replaced cable modem which has 192.168.0.1 gateway, It does not print, I changed the IP address of the print server, when I add printer, at the end it prints test page but does not print any more pages.

PS. I tried to download PLC 5 universal driver but it is not available on the HP site.

:)

NarenShah, Feb 19, 2020
  2. LemP Win User

HP Lesarjet 1100 series printer drivers

The drivers offered at the HP support link for your printer (HP LaserJet 1100 Printer series Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support)
    do not include any Windows 7 drivers (my Windows 7 system is detected as "Windows NT" -- it's possible that the driver for NT 4.0 would work, but that's not guaranteed).

On the other hand, Windows Update does have drivers for the HP 1100 up to and including Windows 10.

Thus, assuming that your problem is a driver -- which is not at all clear from your very limited description -- the best way to get the proper driver is to use Windows Update as described below.

Without knowing what your "sign of troubleshooting" means or what you mean by "ran through it but good results," I suggest completely uninstalling and reinstalling the printer as follows.

1. Disconnect the printer from the computer.
    2. Open Devices and Printers, right-click the icon for your LaserJet 1100 and select "Remove device."
    3. Click on any other icon in the "Printers and Faxes" section of Devices and Printers and then click on the link at the top for "Print server properties."
    4. Select the "Drivers" tab, select the driver for the LaserJet 1100 (if present), and click "Remove." Remove both the driver and the driver package.
    5. Click "Add a printer" at the top of the Devices and Printers window. Select "Add a local printer."
    6. Select "Use an existing port" and leave the drop-down list set to "LPT1: (Printer Port)" then click Next
    7. On the "Install a printer driver" screen, select "HP" in the left pane.
    8. In the right pane, scroll down. If you find "HP LaserJet 1100 (MS)" select it and click Next and go to step 11.

Can not add HP Laserjet 1100 Printer on Windows 10 laptop fd9e2ec6-24b7-45e8-be86-888a5a4692cb?upload=true.jpg

9. If you don't find "HP LaserJet 1100 (MS)," click "Windows Update" and wait. Wait some more; this will take some time.
    10. When the update completes, find and select "HP LaserJet 1100 (MS)" and click Next
    11. Share or don't share the printer as you like (if you do share it, give it an 8 character "Share name" with no spaces and no special characters. Click Next
    12. Set or don't set the printer as the default printer. Don't click "Print a test page" at this point (because you haven't yet connected the printer).
    13. Click Finish
    14. Connect your printer to a USB port and turn it on. It should now install automatically.
    15. If you now have 2 icons for the HP LaserJet 1100:
      • Right-click one of them and select "Printer properties." Select the "Ports" tab.
      • If the line that is checked and highlighted shows "LPT1:" as the port, click "Cancel," then right-click and select "Remove device"
      • If the line that is checked and highlighted shows "USBxxx" or "DOT4xxx" then click "Cancel" and check the other icon.
    16. In Devices and Printer, right-click the icon for the printer and select "Printer properties" and then click "Print Test Page."

3. HP Laserjet 1100 does not work with Windows 10

I had the same problem.. my HP LJ 1100 is connected to my new HP Laptop thru a docking station via USB-Parallel cable, since my new docking didn't have parallel port anymore. My previous business laptop (HP) used a docking that had serial & LPT ports, so
    it wasn't the problem and the printer worked nicely.

As my laptop got upgraded to a new model and came with W10, I traded the cable in against the USB-LPT one, and initially it was working.. Though after a major windows update, it stopped working and my printer was showing in the Device & Printer list as "IEEE-1284
    Controller", but wouldn't work at all..

Forget HP's site, there is no driver x64 you can download for this printer, no matter what windows release you chose.. it's all relying on auto-install from windows update..

Long story short, I tried a couple of other Laserjet model that are still listed in Windows 10 printer setup, but none of them would work, sending just garbage to the printer.

I finally used the Microsoft Catalog, but my first choice was not working either.. after another attempt I picked up the following driver from the Catalog :

Microsoft Update Catalog

Scroll down the page, do not pick the first on the list.. but take this one :

Microsoft driver update for HP LaserJet 1100 (MS)

It is written to be compatible with Win7, 8, 8.1, 2008 & 2012 (up to R2).. Since it's a genuine MS driver, I was putting more hope than the 1st one, and even downloaded the one from HP (HP Inc. - Other hardware, Printer - psc 1100 (DOT4)), but didn't had
    to use it. Just unpack the .cab file downloaded from the catalog.

I added the printer thru the regular way, specifying that I had disks for the drivers, pointed it to the folder and voil , the printer was installed (shows up under HP Laserjet 1100(MS) ).

Printed a test page and it works!!

BeatBucher, Feb 19, 2020
  4. Can not add HP Laserjet 1100 Printer on Windows 10 laptop

HP Laserjet 1100 does not work with Windows 10

how to download printer laserjet 1100 driver to windows 10

GeorgeHomenko, Feb 19, 2020
Thema:

Can not add HP Laserjet 1100 Printer on Windows 10 laptop

1. Can not add HP Laserjet 1100 Printer on Windows 10 laptop - Similar Threads - add Laserjet 1100

2. HP laserjet 1012 printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP laserjet 1012 printer: I purchased a new desktop, a Dell Inspiron 3910 with Windows 10 or 11. I can't seem to get my "old" printer to work with it. It shows up in my device settings but won't print a test page. I'm unable to locate drivers for it on Dell's website. Is my printer simply too old for...
  3. HP laserjet 1012 printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP laserjet 1012 printer: I purchased a new desktop, a Dell Inspiron 3910 with Windows 10 or 11. I can't seem to get my "old" printer to work with it. It shows up in my device settings but won't print a test page. I'm unable to locate drivers for it on Dell's website. Is my printer simply too old for...
  4. HP Printer Laserjet P4014n conectivity

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Printer Laserjet P4014n conectivity: I'm having trouble connecting my HP P4014n printer, it was working and stopped, I deleted and reinstalled the driver and deleted and reinstalled the printer....
  5. Problem Using HP Laserjet 1100 Since Windows 10.

Problem Using HP Laserjet 1100 Since Windows 10.: This topic has been discussed elsewhere, however that centered around direct connection, either parallel port or usb/parallel converter. My situation is that my HP Laserjet 1100 is connected to a parallel port HP JetDirect network device. Printing worked fine when the...
  6. HP 3390 LaserJet printer

HP 3390 LaserJet printer: I have a problem with my HP 3390 laserjet printer. I connected it to my new Surface laptop but cannot use it. Can you help me with this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-3390-laserjet-printer/a74a2323-12a2-4215-9d0a-5152cc121e18
  7. Windows 10 Not Detecting HP LaserJet Older Printer

Windows 10 Not Detecting HP LaserJet Older Printer: I tried everything to fix this and all the suggestions but all did not work until I discovered this. This fixed my issue and I was able to get my driverless printer for Windows 10 to work. I hope this helps you as well. I appreciate the suggestions and wanted to share this as...
  8. Installing HP Laserjet 4 printer with Windows 10

Installing HP Laserjet 4 printer with Windows 10: I have been using my HP Laserjet 4 for many, many years and it's still working. I still have a couple of cartridges to use. I can't seem to print from my new Windows 10 laptop to this printer. I understand the driver may no longer be available. If the HP4 works on the old...
  9. UNINSTALLING HP Laserjet 1320 Printer

UNINSTALLING HP Laserjet 1320 Printer: I have an old printer (HP LaserJet 1320) installed in my windows 10 notebook. As the printer is not working fully as expected (i.e. the printer only prints only one copy of a document when it is asked to print several copies at a time), I was advised to uninstall the printer...
  10. hp color laserjet 3600n printer

hp color laserjet 3600n printer: how do i install driver for this printer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/hp-color-laserjet-3600n-printer/b5efc1ed-a20f-4990-b6e7-eaf5aec6485c

Users found this page by searching for:

1. драйвер LaserJet 1100 Windows 10

2. nu vot

3. درایو hp leaser jet 1100 (Ms)) برای ویندوز 7

4. install hp laserjet 1100 windows 10