Windows 10: CAN NOT ADJUST SCREEN BRIGHTNESS - NEWLY BOUGHT SURFACE PRO X Dec 2019

Discus and support CAN NOT ADJUST SCREEN BRIGHTNESS - NEWLY BOUGHT SURFACE PRO X Dec 2019 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have just bought a Surface Pro X 2 weeks ago and facing the below issue, hope it would be solved permanently :' After a fresh Startup/ Restart, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Hugh D.T, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Hugh D.T Win User

CAN NOT ADJUST SCREEN BRIGHTNESS - NEWLY BOUGHT SURFACE PRO X Dec 2019

I have just bought a Surface Pro X 2 weeks ago and facing the below issue, hope it would be solved permanently :'

After a fresh Startup/ Restart, the device works normally.

But after being put to Sleep mode and back on, my surface pro X can not adjust screen brightness in either 1 of these ways:

_ Press F6/F7 keyboard

_ Using slider in Action Center

_ Using slider in Settings >> Display >> Brightness and Color

Current situation:

_ Windows 10 is up-to-date as in Settings >> Update and Security >> Windows Update

_ Display Adapter's driver MS SQ1 Adreno 685 GPU is up-to-date as in Device Manager

What is the problem and how to fix it?

Thank you very much

:)

Hugh D.T, Dec 22, 2019
  2. EParkC Win User

Screen Brightness NOT adjustable

I purchased a surface pro 4 just a few weeks ago.

As of a few days ago, I can't seem to adjust the brightness of my screen anymore. Initially, I noticed this because the screen was WAY too dim. I tried plugging in my charger, fiddling around with many different settings based on what I read online, and
    restarted the surface multiple times. Nothing helped.

Starting today, the screen is insanely bright and I'm unable to change the brightness at all. My battery drains very quickly and it's very hard to use it anymore because my eyes hurt just from looking at the screen for a few minutes.

I tried this: (found online)

Here’s what you need to do to disable adaptive brightness on your Surface Pro 4:

• Go to Search, type power options, and open Power Options.
    • Next to your selected power plan, tap or click on Change plan settings.
    • Now, go to Change advanced power settings.
    • Expand Display > expand Enable adaptive brightness.
    • Now set both ‘On battery‘ and ‘Plugged in‘ to off.
    • Click OK.

I tried changing the brightness setting (0%, 25%, 50%, etc.) that you see when you click on the button on the very bottom right of the screen. What is going on...?!

Help would be greatly appreciated!!

EParkC, Dec 22, 2019
  3. screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Dec 22, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 - April 5th 2017

Source: Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 (05 April 2017) Surface

See also:

Brink, Dec 22, 2019
Thema:

1. CAN NOT ADJUST SCREEN BRIGHTNESS - NEWLY BOUGHT SURFACE PRO X Dec 2019 - Similar Threads - ADJUST SCREEN BRIGHTNESS

2. SURFACE PRO X

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SURFACE PRO X: BonjourJ ai une surface pro X sq1 sous windows 10 et je n'arrive pas a passer a Windows 11 avec une mise à jour.Impossible car j ai un processeur arm64.Pourriez vous m'aider ?Merci...
  3. SURFACE PRO X

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SURFACE PRO X: BonjourJ ai une surface pro X sq1 sous windows 10 et je n'arrive pas a passer a Windows 11 avec une mise à jour.Impossible car j ai un processeur arm64.Pourriez vous m'aider ?Merci...
  4. Screen bug - Surface pro x

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Screen bug - Surface pro x: So, there was a new windows update. I updated my device, and after the update, my computer got this ANNYOING very VISIBLE bug with the screen where part of the screen is slower than another part, has different brightness, and is just broken. Please help - I tried restarting...
  5. No screen brightness adjust.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No screen brightness adjust.: Ok so I have two AOC 24G2 monitors, and I have downloaded the drivers from AOC and installed them. I have fully updated windows, mobo, and gpu drivers. And I have followed this entire guideline, and still have no brightness adjuster anywhere. For the power options I do not...
  6. screen brightness is not adjustable or increaseable in surface

in Windows 10 Customization
    screen brightness is not adjustable or increaseable in surface: It is not working on my surface, wether i use the keys on the keyboard, or when i go via display settings... It sticks at a low level. I also tried it with the "automatically change brightness when lighting changes" turned off. Anyone an idea?...
  7. Surface Pro X

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Surface Pro X: Hi, Speaking with customer service is awful. The language barrier and the lack of understanding what the customer is saying is ridiculous. I purchased a surface pro x and it wouldnt get passed the service screen which was black i called microsoft support and they could not...
  8. Adjusting screen brightness.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adjusting screen brightness.: Since I updated my laptop to the newest version of windows, I have found that I can't turn up/down the brightness. The brightness keys are not working, also in the notification panel there is no slider to adjust the brightness. Furthermore, the night light is also not...
  9. Surface Go Brightness won't adjust

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surface Go Brightness won't adjust: I notice a few of these posts from last year but do not see any answers. I have a surface go and the brightness controls do nothing. I notice when this occurs if I restart the go it wont restart either it just sits there saying restarting until I force restart the device....
  10. Screen brightness adjustment

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen brightness adjustment: Facts: Windows 10, ASUS 430U. Recently my screen brightness can no longer be adjusted. Whether I go into settings or tap on my keyboard symbols or hit the screen brightness icon in notifications, the brightness does not adjust up or down. Called ASUS, they had me do a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. just bought a surface pro but i cant change the brightness

2. did the surface pro x firmware update fix the brightness problem

3. adjust the brightness on a surface pro x

4. surface pro brightness wont change,
  5. cant adjust brightness on surface pro x,
  6. cant adjust brightness windows 10 surface