Windows 10: Can Not Attach a File to Email

Discus and support Can Not Attach a File to Email in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I composed a new e-mail and want to attach a file to send. The file will not attach. I read the instructions which I copied and attempted to paste... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Lady Blue #s, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Can Not Attach a File to Email

I composed a new e-mail and want to attach a file to send. The file will not attach. I read the instructions which I copied and attempted to paste here but that won't even work. Why is copy/cut paste not working along with not attaching files not working?

:)

Lady Blue #s, Apr 3, 2020

2. email attachments

Hello Allan,

To attach a document file on an email, you can follow the step given below:

For Windows 10 Mobile:

• Launch to File Explorer app.
    • Press and hold the file that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select Outlook Mail on the suggested applications.

For Windows Phone 8.1:

• Download and install
      Files
      app.
    • Launch Files app.
    • Tap and hold the document that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select the Mail app on the suggested applications.

Feel free to post back if you have other queries.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Apr 3, 2020
  3. Jessen P Win User
    Cannot attach files to email

Hi Judy,

Please reply to the questions mentioned below in order to assist you in a better way.

• Do you get any error message when you cannot attach the files?
    • Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    Turning off block pop ups may help in getting the issue fixed.

I would request you to perform the suggestions by Zach Washburn
    from the link mentioned below if you use Microsoft Edge and then check if it helps.

Microsoft edge-cannot attach files in emails on outlook web app

Please revert if you face any issues with attaching emails.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Apr 3, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Can Not Attach a File to Email

Unable to attach documents to email error The following files couldn't be attached: IMG.pdf. Please try again later

Hi Mikalbe,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• How are you accessing mail e.g. Mail app or Outlook?
    • Is the issue with a particular format of attachments?
    I suggest you to try attaching a different format of file and check if you are able to attach file and send mail. Also install all pending Windows updates and check. If the issue still persists follow the steps below.

App Troubleshooter

I suggest you to run app troubleshooter for issues related to edge and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Do let us know if you are able to attach files to email. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

Can Not Attach a File to Email

1. Can Not Attach a File to Email - Similar Threads - Attach File Email

2. problem attaching a file to an email

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    problem attaching a file to an email: i am trying to send an attached file with an email. it's not working. it wants me to open the file. when I've "opened" the file in the past, it attached it to the email. now it says there is not a valid path to attach it....
  3. problem attaching a file to an email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem attaching a file to an email: i am trying to send an attached file with an email. it's not working. it wants me to open the file. when I've "opened" the file in the past, it attached it to the email. now it says there is not a valid path to attach it....
  4. problem attaching a file to an email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't attach email file.

Can't attach email file.: Hello.A couple weeks ago my computer ungraded to win 11. All went well for a couple weeks, then after a recent update, now when I try to attach a file, it locks google chrome or any browser up. I have to shut the program down. However, if I attach the file from a flash drive,...
  6. Can't attach email file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't attach email file.: Hello.A couple weeks ago my computer ungraded to win 11. All went well for a couple weeks, then after a recent update, now when I try to attach a file, it locks google chrome or any browser up. I have to shut the program down. However, if I attach the file from a flash drive,...
  7. can not attach photo files to email

can not attach photo files to email: Trying to attach my photo file to email but with no luck. Went through different type of email accounts but still wont attach. Also, when trying to attach via direct email address through picture files nothing works, it will not let me type in address and none of the proper...
  8. Attachments to emails

Attachments to emails: I have Windows 10 and use Mail Live. For the last week I have been unable to see all sent emails, and attachments referred to in emails received are not visible. I can access these in Outlook or my gmail account online. How can this be fixed?...
  9. Can I send 3D files as an email attachment?

Can I send 3D files as an email attachment?: Can I send 3D files as an email attachment? I created mixed reality files but don’t know how to share them. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-send-3d-files-as-an-email-attachment/b58ebcd4-d93c-49fa-bf5f-488df0f0d394"
  10. attaching files to email

in Browsers and Email
    attaching files to email: I have lost the ability to right click on a photo and choose to send it to an email address. The process starts correctly but Outlook doesn't open a new email as it used to. I could do this previously, went on holiday, came back and could no longer do it. so I don't see that...