Windows 10: can not auto play dvd from external hard drive

Discus and support can not auto play dvd from external hard drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i have external dvd drive, i can see the dvd name on e drive but it will not autoplay, only gives the option of no action or going into microsoft store... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tracywwwww, Apr 16, 2020.

1. can not auto play dvd from external hard drive

i have external dvd drive, i can see the dvd name on e drive but it will not autoplay, only gives the option of no action or going into microsoft store

it says when i press auto play, choose what to do with dvd, but only gives two options, take no action or open microsoft store, it will not auto play the dvd from e drive?????

:)

tracywwwww, Apr 16, 2020
  2. Remon Ont Win User

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Apr 16, 2020
  3. How can I watch a DVD on Windows 10 if it's on an external hard drive?

I am unable to play a DVD on Windows 10 that I have in an external hard drive. Control panel shows the player is connected and I can see the movie listed but I can't get it to play. Help anyone?

VivianTopp Klein, Apr 16, 2020
  4. can not auto play dvd from external hard drive

w10 auto play dead

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to turn on auto play for DVD and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+X”.
    • Go to “Control panel”.
    • Click on “auto play”.
    • Under the tab “choose what happens when you insert each type of media or device” check the box “Use auto play for all media and devices”.
    • Then under the option DVD you can select the appropriate option and check if it helps.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 16, 2020
Thema:

can not auto play dvd from external hard drive

1. can not auto play dvd from external hard drive - Similar Threads - auto play dvd

2. How can I stop auto play of DVD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I stop auto play of DVD?: Hi,When I insert a disc, PowerDVD will start autoplay.In AutoPlay setting, there is a global switch. If I turn that off, it will stop autoplay for everything. But I'd want Windows 11 to automatically open the folder when a memory card is inserted. There is no specific setting...
  3. DVD not playing from external drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD not playing from external drive?: The DVD has BUP VBP & IFO files none will open with Windows Media Player is the VLC safe to download? Thank You https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-not-playing-from-external-drive/54eda131-d26e-4c87-a24b-b5102c998b02
  4. Play Forza Horizon 3 from an external hard drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Play Forza Horizon 3 from an external hard drive?: Is it possible to download Windows store apps or Forza Horizon 3 to an external hard drive and play on any PC that I'm logged on to without always downloading the 60 gb? Forza Horizon 3 von externer Festplatte spielen?
  5. External hard drive wont auto start

External hard drive wont auto start: I have a an external hard drive that shows in the devices but does not open on my windows 10 can you help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-drive-wont-auto-start/5bb24d53-d0fc-41e5-b088-a5e1e4939240
  6. Playing music from external hard drive on computer

Playing music from external hard drive on computer: I copied all my music to an external Toshiba hard drive. When trying to play the songs get WMP message that says "WMP cannot find file...". All music is still in WMP and can play from there but not from external drive. How can this be fixed?...
  7. I cannot play DVD disk from the external drive

I cannot play DVD disk from the external drive: I have HP Envy laptop running Windows 10 and an external Dell DVD player. But I cannot connect them. Who can help? Thanks... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-play-dvd-disk-from-the-external-drive/cc17f71c-ee62-48cc-b11f-4cfff2b2aec1
  8. How to auto save on an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to auto save on an external hard drive: I have bought a 1 Tb Seagate external hard drive to auto back up my hard drive every hour. I have normally been able to manually back up folders and files to an external hard drive, but for some reason I cannot get the Seagate to start working to automate the backup every...
  9. External Drive won't play CD or DVD

External Drive won't play CD or DVD: I've installed an external drive Philips CDRW/DVD SCB5265 on my Lenovo Ideapad. It appears in devices, says to insert a disc, but it doesn't play. The device whirs for a bit, but nothing shows on the computer screen (other than the little blue circle) and I don't hear...
  10. EXT DVD drive won't auto play discs

EXT DVD drive won't auto play discs: Problem after free upgrade with external DVD rw, this is what I did from the Microsoft resolution page, troubshoot hardware and devices, still would not open disc, manual delete upper filters, still not open disc, uninstalled. DVD device showing on the list.........which did...