Windows 10: Can not boot USB created from a Win10_20H2_v2_English_x64.iso

Discus and support Can not boot USB created from a Win10_20H2_v2_English_x64.iso in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Can not boot USBcreated from a Win10_20H2_v2_English_x64.iso Info: Make/Mode: Acer Aspire 315-21 Bios: Insyde V1.02 set to UEFI mode SecureBoot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Beanie_Starstuck, Apr 19, 2021.

1. Can not boot USB created from a Win10_20H2_v2_English_x64.iso

Can not boot USBcreated from a Win10_20H2_v2_English_x64.iso

Info:
    Make/Mode: Acer Aspire 315-21
    Bios: Insyde V1.02 set to UEFI mode SecureBoot disabled
    CPU: AMD dual core 2.5 ghz
    RAM: 4 GB

HD: SATA

Ihave attempted to create a bootable Windows 10 20H2 USB from aWin10_20H2_v2_English_x64.iso. I've done this using:

WindowsMedia Creator
    Rufus GPT/EFI
    UUI
    Unetbootin

Noneof the bootable USBs will boot in EFI mode.

Long storyshort.
    The Acer's Insyde V1.02 Bios in UEFI does not recognizethe Win10_20H2_v2_English_x64 bootable GPT/EFI USB. And I know why:The Bios will not recognize an NTFS partition on the USB.

AndI can't format the USB using FAT as it has a 4GB limit to file sizesand with the Win10_20H2_v2_English_x64.iso I get an "Out of diskspace" error - because - the "/sources/install.wim"file is 5.0 GB in size and can not be copied to the FATpartition.

Summary:
    1 Insyde V1.02 will notboot an NTFS partition in UEFI mode
    2Win10_20H2_v2_English_x64.iso can not be extracted to a FAT formattedUSB.

If I could get Win10_20H2_v2_English_x64 installedon a bootable FAT formatted USB which could be booted by the InsydeBios, then I could update from that media .

What I needright now is a workaround because I'm out of ideas. And I need to beable to boot from a Win10_20H2_v2_English_x64 USB in order toaddress other Windows issues.

:)

Beanie_Starstuck, Apr 19, 2021

2. Bootable USB with ISO - What am I missing?

I am trying to install win7 from a USB. I set the USB to be first boot and it finds it, but wont install the iso.

I have tried ...

However when I get to bootsect it does not do anything .. says it is not a recognized internal command ...

Is there something I am missing? I even tried just loading the iso on the USB and booting, but did not work either

Is there an easier way?

copenhagen69, Apr 19, 2021
  3. Agility Win User
    Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Apr 19, 2021
  4. Niarod Win User

Can not boot USB created from a Win10_20H2_v2_English_x64.iso

Need help. want to create bootable win7 64bit iso with usb-stick (using 32bit xp)

I suggest you use HP USB Disk Storage Format to make your usb stick bootable like Bogmali said, download here HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool - v2.1.8 - SP27608.exe - EXTREME Overclocking Downloads

Then copy ALL files from the iso to the formatted usb pen, i suggest you open the .iso file with Winrar and extract all files to the usb pen.

Like Mussels said your PC should be set to boot from usb:
    1.On startup press F8 or whatever is the corresponding key on your keyboard for the boot options, or
    2.Enter BIOS (hit Del or F2...), go to Boot Priority and set your usb pen as primary boot device.
    F10 (save and exit),restart, you're good to go.

Niarod, Apr 19, 2021
Thema:

Can not boot USB created from a Win10_20H2_v2_English_x64.iso

1. Can not boot USB created from a Win10_20H2_v2_English_x64.iso - Similar Threads - boot USB created

2. how can i create a bootable win10.iso to run from a fat32 usb stick?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i create a bootable win10.iso to run from a fat32 usb stick?: how can i create a bootable win10.iso to run from a fat32 usb stick?i cannot reboot our work computer, nothing works, usb drives are not read I had to reformat, i have no way of accessing anything on the system and am trying to restart it. Regback fails and I am at a a loss....
  3. how can i create a bootable win10.iso to run from a fat32 usb stick?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i create a bootable win10.iso to run from a fat32 usb stick?: how can i create a bootable win10.iso to run from a fat32 usb stick?i cannot reboot our work computer, nothing works, usb drives are not read I had to reformat, i have no way of accessing anything on the system and am trying to restart it. Regback fails and I am at a a loss....
  4. how can i create a bootable win10.iso to run from a fat32 usb stick?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Creating a bootable usb from ISO

Creating a bootable usb from ISO: If I create a bootable usb from the ISO file, does that ISO file remain the same in the sense that I can use it to to an In-Place Repair or reinstall Windows?...
  6. Create Bootable USB From Win10 Build-1909 ISO

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Create Bootable USB From Win10 Build-1909 ISO: Hi guys. Currently on build 2004 but looking to clean install 1909. Unfortunately the Media Creation Tool will only work for the most recent build which is 2004. What's the best way for me to create a bootable USB with 1909 on it? I have the ISO just need to create the USB....
  7. How to Create ISO from Bootable USB in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Create ISO from Bootable USB in Windows 10?: Hey! I have a bootable USB with windows 10 in it. And I want to Convert that USB to ISO file. So that I can backup it for later use and can use that Pendrive for further use. Please Help!...
  8. Creating a USB with Windows ISO

Creating a USB with Windows ISO: Need help creating a USB with Win 10 ISO https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-a-usb-with-windows-iso/e15bd990-5861-4033-9416-05baf524176e
  9. ISO file corrupted every time. How to create boot USB?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ISO file corrupted every time. How to create boot USB?: Hi, Every time I download Win 10 Edu ISO file and try to create a USB Boot disk it says file corrupted. Microsoft doesn't even provide checksum. Even if it did it won't help since the 5.5 GB gets corrupted somewhere while downloading. I am using Linux to create the ISO file...
  10. Create a WinPE USB or ISO

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create a WinPE USB or ISO: How to: Create a WinPE USB or ISO [img] Information Windows Preinstallation Environment (WinPE) boot device belongs to every geeks toolbox. A quote from Wikipedia: WinPE was originally intended to be used only as a pre-installation platform for deploying Microsoft...