Windows 10: can Not boot VM created with StarWind v2v converter from my disk 0 physical drive

Discus and support can Not boot VM created with StarWind v2v converter from my disk 0 physical drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I can Not boot VM created with StarWind v2v converter from my disk 0 physical drive, posted also here: // what to do??? any hint?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Lse123polis, Sep 6, 2020.

1. can Not boot VM created with StarWind v2v converter from my disk 0 physical drive

I can Not boot VM created with StarWind v2v converter from my disk 0 physical drive, posted also here: // what to do??? any hint?

1. https://forums.starwindsoftware.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5632&p=31533#p31533
    2. https://communities.vmware.com/message/2982299#2982299
    3. https://www.tenforums.com/virtualization/163797-boot-vm-vmdk-same-machine-i-converted-c-vmdk-ma.html#post2012053

can Not boot VM created with StarWind v2v converter from my disk 0 physical drive 7e127ed7-497d-4684-959c-cf8a18b9ff1e?upload=true.jpg

can Not boot VM created with StarWind v2v converter from my disk 0 physical drive 3f09bd93-ea33-42ff-8a2b-78fd41bfeb20?upload=true.png

can Not boot VM created with StarWind v2v converter from my disk 0 physical drive d8c379ec-6356-4d98-ab88-e73e090a5fd7?upload=true.png

Vol 3 in my case is the efi partition? How find efi system partition
    ?
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...ons-techref-di
    Repair the system partition

If the system partition has been corrupted, you can use BCDBoot to recreate the system partition files by using new copies of these files from the Windows partition.

1. Boot your PC to a command line. For example, boot to the Windows installation disk and press Shift+F10, or boot to Windows PE WinPE: Create USB Bootable drive.
    2. Use Diskpart to determine which drive letter contains your Windows partition and system partition diskpart, list vol, exit.
    3. Optional: Format your system partition: format drive letter of your system partition /q
    4. Add a boot entry for your Windows partition: bcdboot D:\Windows
    5. Reboot the PC. Windows should appear.

:)

Lse123polis, Sep 6, 2020
  2. lse123 Win User

boot the VM[VMDK] from the same machine I Converted[c:/] To vmdk... ma

I used to boot the VM[VMDK] from the same machine I Converted[c:/] To vmdk... may this have conflicts????

Windows 10 Pro

video see here:VM can Not boot up // SEE ERROR AT 05:27 & 06:27 in the video
    vmware open vmdk - YouTube in the video at 01:47 UEFI / OR / BIOS ????in the video at 04:05 CONVERT TO NEWER FORMAT ????WELL...?

can Not boot VM created with StarWind v2v converter from my disk 0 physical drive [​IMG]

=======

can Not boot VM created with StarWind v2v converter from my disk 0 physical drive [​IMG]

posted also here:
    Create vm from vmdk what settings to choose |VMware Communities

===

- - - Updated - - -

is my C:/ drive - c:/ disk converted[with starwind v2v converter], with recovery partitions

PLEASE REPLY - ANY POSSIBILITY OF CONFLICT:

I HAVE boot the VM[VMDK - CONVERTED FROM MY C DISK], from the same machine I got the vmdk from... may have conflicts[the UEFI - same c:/ disk signature???] the actual c:/ with the vmdk/c: ????

lse123, Sep 6, 2020
  3. pparks1 Win User
    pparks1, Sep 6, 2020
  4. JRM
    jrm Win User

can Not boot VM created with StarWind v2v converter from my disk 0 physical drive

Convert VMWare VM to Hyper-V

Thanks for sharing.
    I bet someone will get sound working on a Hyper-V Linux VM someday can Not boot VM created with StarWind v2v converter from my disk 0 physical drive :)
    As for the conversion, great examples. I actually prefer GUI tools for Windows (just easier for me).
    StarWind V2V has done the job for me conversion to variety of Hypervisor I was using (Hyper-V, VMware, Xen).

Thema:

can Not boot VM created with StarWind v2v converter from my disk 0 physical drive

1. can Not boot VM created with StarWind v2v converter from my disk 0 physical drive - Similar Threads - boot created StarWind

2. Using Physical Disk in KVM/QEMU Windows VM

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Using Physical Disk in KVM/QEMU Windows VM: Hi there If you have a spare external (or even internal) HDD / SSD that you want to use as a "Physical" Disk drive say on a Windows VM using native ntfs for exampleso you can unplug it later and connect to a Windows physical machine etc to copy data etc then it's easy enough...
  3. Booting a Windows VM from Real physical disc or a physical EXT USB

Booting a Windows VM from Real physical disc or a physical EXT USB: Hi folks Not sure if this works on HYPER-V but using KVM/QEMU you can boot a Windows VM from a real physical HDD or a Windows to Go stored on an external USB. This means that you can say backup an image of your REAL Windows system and then attach the disk to the VM and then...
  4. Windows VM V2V (Virt to Virt) conversion KVM to and from VMWare

Windows VM V2V (Virt to Virt) conversion KVM to and from VMWare: Hi there The easiest way to achieve converting a Windows VM from (or to) KVM / VMWare is to forget about the VMWare's conversion software -- doesn't really work satisfactorily and takes forever to run is simply to do the following a) From KVM to VMWare (or even to a Real...
  5. Esxi users -- using RAW (physical ) disks in VM's

Esxi users -- using RAW (physical ) disks in VM's: Hi folks those of you who are trying / using Esxi then it;s possible to pass thru (or attach) physical RAW disks to your VM's - so you can attach existing Windows (NTFS) or Linux formatted disks and also RAID configured arrays as RAW disks. For software RAID attach the...
  6. Disk relation to Physical drive ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk relation to Physical drive ?: How can I find in Computer Management which Disk belongs to what physical drive ? 132797
  7. Disk relation to Physical drive ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Disk relation to Physical drive ?: How can I find in Computer Management which Disk belongs to what physical drive ? 132797
  8. How can I create Unallocated space with my OS (C) drive and create a new drive in Disk 0?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I create Unallocated space with my OS (C) drive and create a new drive in Disk 0?: [ATTACH] I want to have 700 GB in my new created drive example E or F how would I do this exactly? To create the drive and so on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-create-unallocated-space-with-my-os-c/aba5ed6e-311e-44f8-945c-653cb790f09a"
  9. Create VM from physical machine

Create VM from physical machine: My machine has a non-clean install of win 10, which I have been using for months. I would like to do a clean install of windows 10, but I don't want to be down for days getting everything setup. So I figured I would run it in a VM on the newly installed OS while I set things...
  10. Convert Physical Disk to Windows to Go by VHD, Boot Error

Convert Physical Disk to Windows to Go by VHD, Boot Error: Hey guys, I'm stuck in this dilemma and I would appreciate any help that would come. I'm sorry, I though that maybe since my problem is about Virtual Hard Disks then maybe this is the right section... Correct me if I'm wrong *Smile So here's the thing, 1. I have Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. starwind v2v converter error creating image