Windows 10: Can not boot with ssd

Discus and support Can not boot with ssd in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When i want to install my windows 10 in the boot of my laptop cant find my second hard drive. My second hard is ssd and i want to instal windows in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by poyanrajian, May 22, 2020.

1. Can not boot with ssd

When i want to install my windows 10 in the boot of my laptop cant find my second hard drive. My second hard is ssd and i want to instal windows in that but it dosent show my ssd it only shows my other driver. What can i do to fix it?

When i install it on other drive and i open it i can find my ssd 256g drive but when i want to install it on ssd drive it cant find it in boot it can only finds the other drive.

Please help me fix it.

:)

poyanrajian, May 22, 2020

2. Unable to boot Windows after cloning it to SSD

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while booting the PC after cloning Windows to new SSD. I would like to know what happens when you try to boot the PC to desktop using SSD?

The reason you are not able to boot the PC is that the files required to boot Windows are still recognizing the HDD as the main drive. I would suggest you to try rebuilding the BCD files and see if you are able to boot the PC using
    SSD.

Kindly follow the steps below to rebuild the BCD.

1. Create a bootable media and boot the PC using the media.
    2. On the Install Windows screen, select Next >
      Repair your computer.
    3. On the System Recovery Options screen, select
      Troubleshoot
      > Advanced options > Command Prompt.
    4. Now type in the commands and hit enter: BOOTREC /FIXMBR

BOOTREC /FIXBOOT

BOOTREC /scanos

BOOTREC /rebuildbcd
    5. Restart the PC.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 22, 2020
  3. HairyFool Win User
    Windows 10 SSD Boot and Sleep faliure

Windows cannot stop the BIOS recognising the SSD. If at any time you can go into the BIOS and the SSD is not listed then you have an (intermittent) hardware fault. It does not matter what the precursor steps are if the hardware was OK it must be listed

Step 6 is categorical, you have a hardware fault. BIOS device recognition is always before drivers load so they cannot affect the process

HairyFool, May 22, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Can not boot with ssd

New SSD wont boot

Hi John

Boot into BIOS, is SATA Mode set to AHCI to enable booting from an SSD drive?

Is the SSD drive set a top of the Boot Priority list?

Did you try connecting that SSD to the SATA Port normally used by your old HDD?

DaveM121, May 22, 2020
Thema:

Can not boot with ssd

1. Can not boot with ssd - Similar Threads - boot ssd

2. Windows 10 won't boot with SSD plugged in.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 won't boot with SSD plugged in.: So a while back I got a new motherboard the MSI A320M PRO VD/S V2. Off course this came along with some new ram and a new CPU. Right now I have 3 storage devices plugged in. My HardDrive, my boot SSD and a second SSD for storage. I have this configured that my boot SSD is in...
  3. Help “/ theoretically if I just got a new ssd (Windows 10 OS) would it boot?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help “/ theoretically if I just got a new ssd (Windows 10 OS) would it boot?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/dT0ra [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gtr4o3/help_theoretically_if_i_just_got_a_new_ssd/
  4. New SSD as the boot drive, great everything is fast, but now the Sound Volume is SO LOW in...

New SSD as the boot drive, great everything is fast, but now the Sound Volume is SO LOW in...: Yes, I've changed the mix volume. Yes, I've updated all the drivers in the COMPUTER. Yes i was going to open the old Sound Control Panel, go to Speakers Properties and boost at the Enhancement tab like always, but it's not there, I searched and it's said that windows 10...
  5. Boot files installing on HDD not SSD

Boot files installing on HDD not SSD: I wanted to make a clean installation of windows and format my ssd but didnt have a cd/usb to use. So I created a 12gb partition on my hdd and put the windows files on it from the ISO. After installation however, windows is installed on the ssd but the same partition I used...
  6. SSD and HDD boot sequence off

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SSD and HDD boot sequence off: I have a peculiar problem. I have a dell Inspiron 3521 laptop. It was running windows 10 as primary OS and Ubuntu as secondary with grub as boot manager. I got frequent BSODs so thought may be the HDD was dying so removed the HDD and replaced it with an SSD and did a clean...
  7. Dual boot gone wrong. Need advice to install Windows to sata ssd properly.

Dual boot gone wrong. Need advice to install Windows to sata ssd properly.: I'm looking for a way to install windows 10 to a sata ssd from a usb with windows 10 media creation tool, but I keep running into issues. When I remove my fedora m.2 ssd and try to install windows to the sata, https://imgur.com/a/DaAqA35, "We couldn't create a new partition...
  8. Windows 10 will not boot, 'operating system missing' when selecting SSD 4 days of on-going...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 will not boot, 'operating system missing' when selecting SSD 4 days of on-going...: Hello everyone, I have run into a issue that has been taken me days and still wasn't able to solve. I had a bootable USB with Linux that dual-booted with my Windows 10 version 10.0.18362.418 and started to appear with input/output errors and wasn't able to operate. I...
  9. New M2.SSD Clone SSD won't boot Help

New M2.SSD Clone SSD won't boot Help: Hi all, I have bought a new M2.SSD. I have used Macrium reflect softwer to clone my SSD to My new M2.SSD,I have cloned all the partitions but unfortunately My PC won't boot up I Have change it on The Bios and selected as first drive to boot from but still won't boot As...
  10. SSD 45 secs to boot

SSD 45 secs to boot: Okay i have a lenovo y520 with a 500 Gb SSD and a 1Tb HDD. The windows is obviously on the SSD. Before the time to boot was really low like 10 - 12 secs but now i need to wait 45 SECS. I have all drivers updated btw. Any help is appreciated. submitted by /u/fbento49...