Windows 10: Can not boot with ssd

Discus and support Can not boot with ssd in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When i want to install my windows 10 in the boot of my laptop cant find my second hard drive. My second hard is ssd and i want to instal windows in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by poyanrajian, May 22, 2020.

1. Can not boot with ssd

When i want to install my windows 10 in the boot of my laptop cant find my second hard drive. My second hard is ssd and i want to instal windows in that but it dosent show my ssd it only shows my other driver. What can i do to fix it?

When i install it on other drive and i open it i can find my ssd 256g drive but when i want to install it on ssd drive it cant find it in boot it can only finds the other drive.

Please help me fix it.

:)

poyanrajian, May 22, 2020

2. Unable to boot Windows after cloning it to SSD

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while booting the PC after cloning Windows to new SSD. I would like to know what happens when you try to boot the PC to desktop using SSD?

The reason you are not able to boot the PC is that the files required to boot Windows are still recognizing the HDD as the main drive. I would suggest you to try rebuilding the BCD files and see if you are able to boot the PC using
    SSD.

Kindly follow the steps below to rebuild the BCD.

1. Create a bootable media and boot the PC using the media.
    2. On the Install Windows screen, select Next >
      Repair your computer.
    3. On the System Recovery Options screen, select
      Troubleshoot
      > Advanced options > Command Prompt.
    4. Now type in the commands and hit enter: BOOTREC /FIXMBR

BOOTREC /FIXBOOT

BOOTREC /scanos

BOOTREC /rebuildbcd
    5. Restart the PC.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 22, 2020
  3. HairyFool Win User
    Windows 10 SSD Boot and Sleep faliure

Windows cannot stop the BIOS recognising the SSD. If at any time you can go into the BIOS and the SSD is not listed then you have an (intermittent) hardware fault. It does not matter what the precursor steps are if the hardware was OK it must be listed

Step 6 is categorical, you have a hardware fault. BIOS device recognition is always before drivers load so they cannot affect the process

HairyFool, May 22, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Can not boot with ssd

New SSD wont boot

Hi John

Boot into BIOS, is SATA Mode set to AHCI to enable booting from an SSD drive?

Is the SSD drive set a top of the Boot Priority list?

Did you try connecting that SSD to the SATA Port normally used by your old HDD?

DaveM121, May 22, 2020
Thema:

Can not boot with ssd

1. Can not boot with ssd - Similar Threads - boot ssd

2. PC unable to boot due to SSD W11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC unable to boot due to SSD W11: PC had completely frozen so I restarted it, then during boot up says,[Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key]So I open BIOS and there seems to be no issue so I google the problem and end up creating a Recovery drive...
  3. PC unable to boot due to SSD W11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC unable to boot due to SSD W11: PC had completely frozen so I restarted it, then during boot up says,[Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key]So I open BIOS and there seems to be no issue so I google the problem and end up creating a Recovery drive...
  4. Boot windows from USB4 m.2 NVMe SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot windows from USB4 m.2 NVMe SSD: I am trying to boot Win11 from an external m.2 NVMe drive via USB4. I've tried many things from clean install to copy of an existing install. I can install Win11 to the drive, I can run Win11 installation from the drive, but but every time I go to boot Windows 11 itself, I...
  5. Boot windows from USB4 m.2 NVMe SSD

Boot windows from USB4 m.2 NVMe SSD: I am trying to boot Win11 from an external m.2 NVMe drive via USB4. I've tried many things from clean install to copy of an existing install. I can install Win11 to the drive, I can run Win11 installation from the drive, but but every time I go to boot Windows 11 itself, I...
  6. system boot error after upgrading ssd and ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system boot error after upgrading ssd and ram: I’ve got a new laptop that I have bought recently and it has been fine until one day it randomly keeps shutting down itself and starting up again out of nowhere every 5 mins. I managed to fix This problem as it didn’t start up properly I just shut it down and started it up...
  7. system boot error after upgrading ssd and ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system boot error after upgrading ssd and ram: I’ve got a new laptop that I have bought recently and it has been fine until one day it randomly keeps shutting down itself and starting up again out of nowhere every 5 mins. I managed to fix This problem as it didn’t start up properly I just shut it down and started it up...
  8. system boot error after upgrading ssd and ram

9. system boot error after upgrading ssd and ram

10. wanted to multi boot win 10/11 with NVME ssd drive on an old PC with legacy BIOS

wanted to multi boot win 10/11 with NVME ssd drive on an old PC with legacy BIOS: I have a Dell OptiPlex 780 that I upgraded to windows 10 pro and is working fine. Now I have an NVME ssd drive in a USB enclosure that has windows 11 pro, and I wanted to boot to it from a usb port but my BIOS will not recognize the NVME external drive. Is there a way to...