Windows 10: Can not burn DVDs but Blu Ray burning works

Discus and support Can not burn DVDs but Blu Ray burning works in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I can see the DVD drive go, as a DVD requires a higher intensity Laser for burning. But not the Blu-Ray drive. I guess you will have to replace one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by fireberd, Apr 5, 2018.

1. fireberd Win User

Can not burn DVDs but Blu Ray burning works

I can see the DVD drive go, as a DVD requires a higher intensity Laser for burning. But not the Blu-Ray drive.
    I guess you will have to replace one of the drives to verify it is a drive problem. DVD drives are relatively cheap any more. I see $20 DVD burner drives at Computer Parts, Laptops, Electronics, and More - Newegg.com

fireberd, Apr 5, 2018

2. I have a Dell XPS 8100 and all of a sudden, I can not burn DVD's. I have two drives, the DVD burner that came with the computer and a Blu-Ray burner (LG) that I added. Neither will burn DVD's but I have no problems burning Blu-Rays. It's not the blanks because I tried two different brands and not the burning software because I tried Nero 2018 and ImgBurn. The error message from ImgBurn says write failed. Any suggestions?

:)

TheBigCheese, Apr 28, 2018
  3. Phillip Roos, Apr 28, 2018
  4. CraigLong Win User

Saving photos from my computer to a DVD (for safe keeping)

How are they going to view these photos? If they will view them on a DVD player and not a computer then you need to burn the photos to the disk differently. About 5 years ago I burned photos to a disk to be played on a DVD player and gave it to a friend
    who appreciated seeing his photos on his DVD player.

To my knowledge there is no High Definition with the old DVD player? You can burn high definition photos and even 4K to a disk to be played on a PC. Blu-ray players can play regular DVDs also but I don't know much about blu-rays either. Seems like people
    are trying to rip blu-rays.

CraigLong, Apr 28, 2018
  5. fireberd Win User
    How big are the DVD files you are trying to burn? If the same file burns OK on a Blu-Ray it could be the size exceeds the DVD?
    Have you tried burning a CD-R data or music disc?

fireberd, Apr 28, 2018
  6. The files are iso images just under the limit for DVD's. I tried filling a DVD about 70% full with mp3 files under 12MB but the same thing happened. I thing it's just a coincidence that both drives went.

TheBigCheese, Apr 29, 2018
Thema:

1. Can not burn DVDs but Blu Ray burning works - Similar Threads - burn DVDs Blu

2. TSSTCORP CDDVDW SU-208GB Can burn blu ray?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TSSTCORP CDDVDW SU-208GB Can burn blu ray?: I don't know if my TSSTCORP CDDVDW SU-208GB that is incorporated to my laptop can burn blu ray https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tsstcorp-cddvdw-su-208gb-can-burn-blu-ray/750df556-e7ff-4ec3-b4a2-2257abaff786
  3. TSSTCORP CDDVDW SU-208GB Can burn blu ray?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TSSTCORP CDDVDW SU-208GB Can burn blu ray?: I don't know if my TSSTCORP CDDVDW SU-208GB that is incorporated to my laptop can burn blu ray https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tsstcorp-cddvdw-su-208gb-can-burn-blu-ray/750df556-e7ff-4ec3-b4a2-2257abaff786
  4. Inconsistent Blu-Ray Data disk burning

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Inconsistent Blu-Ray Data disk burning: I'm trying to back up my data to 50GB blu-ray. So far I have 1 successful attempt and 2 failures just what you need at £10 a disk!. Whats worse is the failed disks look like they worked because and data checked reads the temporary data not the non-existent disk data. My work...
  5. Windows 10 No Longer Burns Dual Layer DVDs or Blu-ray Discs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 No Longer Burns Dual Layer DVDs or Blu-ray Discs: Good Day All I recently did a fresh install of Windows 10. Prior to that, I was able to successfullyburn dual layer 50 gigabyte blank Blu-ray discs. Since the install Windows 10 fails to recordthe second layer of the discs. They failwhen I try to play them. I have...
  6. Windows 10 No Longer Burns Dual Layer DVDs or Blu-ray Discs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 No Longer Burns Dual Layer DVDs or Blu-ray Discs: Good Day All I recently did a fresh install of Windows 10. Prior to that, I was able to successfullyburn dual layer 50 gigabyte blank Blu-ray discs. Since the install Windows 10 fails to recordthe second layer of the discs. They failwhen I try to play them. I have...
  7. Burning Blu Ray

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Burning Blu Ray: Hi, I was just wondering if in windows 10 you have to buy an external Blu Ray writer to be able to burn videos to a blank Blu ray disc? I have read this article https://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/how-to-burn-cds-dvds-blu-ray-discs-windows/ and many others and am...
  8. Cant burn DVDs but i can Burn CDs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cant burn DVDs but i can Burn CDs: Hello i have the error write speed too fast or too slow to burn disc, i have tried everything i can find online, i even opened the laptop up and took the driver out but i cannot see anything wrong, i have tried different software and different speeds nothing is working its...
  9. Looking for a good Blu Ray burning software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Looking for a good Blu Ray burning software: Hi,I would like to create a Blu-Ray disk including the DTS, THX and Dolby lossless audio trailers (and best possible picture) that I can play through my Denon AVR and home cinema.Preferably I'd like to easily be able to see in the Blu-Ray menu the name of each trailer so that...
  10. Burning dvds

in Windows 10 Support
    Burning dvds: I have a movie downloaded on my laptop. I am using win10. I put dvd into the drive. I press burn dvd, but it does nothing. Also, the page stops responding. Thanks for your help. 51395