Windows 10: Can Not Change Sleep or Login Time out.

Discus and support Can Not Change Sleep or Login Time out. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is a real pain. I am using a Laptop that is plugged in. All was OK before the 1903 update and it is running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. It is an HP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MPSAN, Aug 6, 2019.

1. MPSAN Win User

Can Not Change Sleep or Login Time out.

This is a real pain. I am using a Laptop that is plugged in. All was OK before the 1903 update and it is running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. It is an HP laptop if that matters.
    Here is the issue. When I power on it asks for our password. No problem, but ever since going to 1903 it goes blank after a minute or two of no activity. I then need to log in again. How can I change this time? It used to take 15 minutes or so. I checked settings and they are all set to either 10 minutes on battery or 15 minutes when connected to AC. This all works but why did this change? I can not find the setting anywhere. I can look at the windows login settings but I never changed them.
    Any ideas?

:)

MPSAN, Aug 6, 2019
  2. David Haz Win User

Getting out of sleep

Hi,

For us to further isolate the issue you are experiencing, kindly respond to the following questions:

• Does your device automatically returns to sleep after a short period of time?
    • Have you made any significant changes prior to the issue?
    We suggest that you check if the Allow wake timers setting is enabled. To check if it is enabled, follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button, then type power options.
    • Click Power Options from the results.
    • On the Power Options windows, click Change when the computer sleeps.
    • Click Change advanced power settings.
    • Expand the Sleep category.
    • Expand Allow wake timers.
    • Change the desired setting.

We look forward for an update from you.

Regards.

David Haz, Aug 6, 2019
  3. PC goes to sleep after a few minutes

Hi Adrian,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please follow the steps below to change your system's sleep settings.

1. Go to Settings > System > Power & Sleep > Change your desired sleep timing in this Tab.

2. Now, click on Additional Power Settings > Change Plan Settings >Change Advanced Power Settings.

3. Expand Sleep and give the appropriate time.

If this doesn't help, I would suggest you run the built-in troubleshooter:

Please follow the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the Windows Search bar and hit enter.
    • On the left side of the Troubleshooting window, click on “View all”
    • Click on Power. Please provide a password if asked for it and click ok. (Follow the onscreen instructions)
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Aug 6, 2019
  4. Can Not Change Sleep or Login Time out.

Display will not sleep.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you solve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select the time limit for the system to go to sleep from the drop down list.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

Can Not Change Sleep or Login Time out.

1. Can Not Change Sleep or Login Time out. - Similar Threads - Change Sleep Login

2. Screen Time Out Not Saved in Power and Sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Time Out Not Saved in Power and Sleep: I have my screen turn off set to one hour in Power and Sleep. Every couple of days it reverts back to 15 minutes and I have to go in to settings and change it again. How do I get this to stay on one hour?...
  3. Screen Time Out Not Saved in Power and Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Time Out Not Saved in Power and Sleep: I have my screen turn off set to one hour in Power and Sleep. Every couple of days it reverts back to 15 minutes and I have to go in to settings and change it again. How do I get this to stay on one hour?...
  4. Screen Time Out Not Saved in Power and Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Time zones change in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time zones change in sleep mode: Every time I put my PC into Sleep mode, when I wake it, it switches from Eastern to Pacific. When I go to the system settings, the time zones is greyed out, so I have to go to the command center to switch back the time zone. I went into power shell last night, but that didn't...
  6. Time zones change in sleep mode

Time zones change in sleep mode: Every time I put my PC into Sleep mode, when I wake it, it switches from Eastern to Pacific. When I go to the system settings, the time zones is greyed out, so I have to go to the command center to switch back the time zone. I went into power shell last night, but that didn't...
  7. Sleep and Login

Sleep and Login: when i open my laptop 2 weeks old, acer it just shows my lock screen. no login no asking for the pin, just my wallpaper. ive tried shutting and reopening and restarting it but i cant do anything because i can only see my lockscreen. can someone help me with this?...
  8. Sleep and Login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep and Login: when i open my laptop 2 weeks old, acer it just shows my lock screen. no login no asking for the pin, just my wallpaper. ive tried shutting and reopening and restarting it but i cant do anything because i can only see my lockscreen. can someone help me with this?...
  9. Login Screen Times Out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Login Screen Times Out: The login screen times out after 30 seconds. So, when a young student is trying to input their login information, if they take longer than 30 seconds in between key strokes, it fades back to the Windows 10 hero image. Is there a way to extend the 30 seconds to longer? Just to...
  10. Shortcut to change "Sleep after" time.

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut to change "Sleep after" time.: I normally use Sleep After 2 hours. but there are occasions when I would like to change that to longer or shorter. Is there a command to do that? 57166