Windows 10: Can not change Taskbar and Desktop popup menu font

Discus and support Can not change Taskbar and Desktop popup menu font in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, on Windows 10 I have changed system font to Tahoma, like in WinXP by using Winaero Tweaker. This is the most readable / best font on my normal DPI... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ErnestasGruodis, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Can not change Taskbar and Desktop popup menu font

Hi, on Windows 10 I have changed system font to Tahoma, like in WinXP by using Winaero Tweaker. This is the most readable / best font on my normal DPI graphics monitor - Eizo ColorEdge CG243W. But on Taskabar and desktop popup menu font is still default Segoe UI. How can I change it? Can Microsoft make a convenient option in settings to change system font? It is very important setting for those who uses normal DPI displays.

:)

ErnestasGruodis, Feb 1, 2019

2. Change the font of my desktop icons

Hi Domi,

Windows 10 make it easier for you to personalize your computer by going to the Settings app. Some options from Control Panel has been moved to the Settings app just to bring all the settings under one roof.

To change your desktop font, you may follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Personalization.
    • Select Themes.
    • Under Themes, select Theme settings.
    • On the left pane, click Change desktop icons.
    To change the font size of the icons on your desktop, refer to these steps:

• Right-click on your desktop.
    • Click View.
    • Select the font size you prefer for your desktop icon.
    Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Feb 1, 2019
  3. NeoSOS Win User
    Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Feb 1, 2019
  4. Ian Ser Win User

Can not change Taskbar and Desktop popup menu font

Internet Explorer 11 Menu font size

Hi Larry,

Follow these steps to change the font size in IE11:

• Click Start menu or press Windows key on your keyboard.
    • Type and click Control Panel.
    • Click Appearance and Personalization and under Display, click
      Make text other items larger or smaller.
    • Under Change only the text size, choose the Title bars
      in the drop-down menu and the desired font size on the drop-down menu beside it.

Let us know if the suggested steps helped.

Ian Ser, Feb 1, 2019
Thema:

Can not change Taskbar and Desktop popup menu font

1. Can not change Taskbar and Desktop popup menu font - Similar Threads - change Taskbar Desktop

2. Changing the taskbar and start menu font under Windows 10 1909

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing the taskbar and start menu font under Windows 10 1909: Hello, Until this morning, I was running Windows 10 1803 and had applied the registry changes to have the Segoe UI font globally replaced by Tahoma. After I made the upgrade to Windows 10 1909, my registry settings for Font substitution were removed, so I went back and did...
  3. Desktop popup menu in taskbar in Windows 10?

Desktop popup menu in taskbar in Windows 10?: Hi, Is there a way to have a Desktop popup menu ^ in the taskbar in Windows 10? In Windows 7 Pro I had a desktop popup menu in the taskbar and when I would click it a vertical popup menu would appear with all the items on the desktop in alphabetical order. I could then click...
  4. Changing Context Menu and Taskbar font in Win10 1909?

Changing Context Menu and Taskbar font in Win10 1909?: This has confused me. For a while I had every font changed within Windows, but the 1909 update reverted the Context Menu and Taskbar to the default Segoe. All other fonts can be changed except these. Even using WinAero Tweaker and registry edits it has no effect. I have...
  5. Can No Longer Change Menu fonts or Desktop icon fonts ?

Can No Longer Change Menu fonts or Desktop icon fonts ?: Although it wasn't nearly as good as the days of changing the system font, there was an area where one could change the size and style (bold, italicized etc) for menus, context menus etc. I can no longer find any way to do this. Is there a way? I'm assuming one still can't...
  6. Changing font and font size on desktop

Changing font and font size on desktop: How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-font-and-font-size-on-desktop/76529b09-798a-4dc6-bfba-eca382f2a8d4
  7. Change Desktop Font

Change Desktop Font: Hello, can someone please tell me how to change and increase the size of my font on my desktop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/change-desktop-font/54fd88a7-3fec-4125-a401-d2d69ee6fca4
  8. Change menu fonts

Change menu fonts: Hi to all, I am using windows 10 and I am trying to change the default fonts of the OS(I think is Segoe UI). I know that has been changed since windows 8, but I was able to change them so far by modifying the keys in "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics" in...
  9. Changing Desktop font size

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing Desktop font size: Is there another control to change the Desktop Font Size other than display settings also the font used UPDATE: Never mind - found it 52187
  10. Changing Desktop Font and Taskbar Size

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing Desktop Font and Taskbar Size: I just installed Build 9879 over Windows 7 on a spare machine and it went as expected except for the size of the Icon fonts and size of the taskbar. They both are much larger than they were on Win 7. I can't remember how to make them smaller. I make the icons themselves...